Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I typically try to watch at least one episode of new shows each season, unless I know before hand that the show will be poo poo. For example, Highschool DxD, no. I watched about 1 minute of Show By Rock, skipping ahead to see that it was, in fact, as awful as expected.

With that said, I watched the first episode of this anime without even knowing anything about Yuki Nagato or Haruhi Suzumiya.

And I was a bit baffled. I then found the full length 2+hour English Dub (on YouTube) of the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and the pointer to the "John Smith" scene. I watched that which made me want to see what happened after the scene, and I did.

Now, I think I have the basics, and this show is somewhat interesting, except I can't help but wonder if it would be better or worse with less Haruhi. I guess she is the reason interesting things happen, and the sappy love-struck Yuki isn't all that interesting. Ryouko Asakura is by far the most interesting character though.

This is the story of what would've happened if Kyon had chosen the blue pill instead of the red pill, or vice versa (I can never remember which pill did which), in the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not clear on if this Kyon is aware of the fact that he's in an alternate timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

If he's smart, Kyon will pick Ryouko Asakura. He might not have a choice though, if Haruhi actually does choose him first. I suspect what icantfindaname said is what will actually happen, though.

• Locked thread