Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget to go out and buy all the Yuki-chan merchandise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

is yuki really reading visual novels in this? the quality of haruhi shows declined with her taste

It's a running joke from Haruhi-chan where Yuki started playing video games and watching anime after being introduced to them through VNs. If something about a character doesn't make sense, watch Haruhi-chan and you'll see where it came from.

Fangz posted:

Why does she have a slot in her chest?

It's supposed to be one of "those" pillow cases.

E: Also, stick through to Episode 3, Haruhi pretty much comes back in full force, and there's an alternate universe Snowy Mountain.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 8, 2015

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ElBrak posted:

How many episodes tell Kyon and Yuki make out, asking for a friend.

They appear to go in for a kiss and bump heads at the end of Volume 8 so probably the OVA.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agronox posted:

Second episode was better than the first. Ryoko opening and closing the window to admire the snow got a genuine laugh out of me.

There's going to be quite a few gems to be watched as the season progresses. The episodes focusing on Kyon and Yuki's relationship are probably going to be people's "endless eight" of the season. Episode 4 is almost definitely Valentines Day, but right after that it becomes Snowy Mountain.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As expected. Episode 3 was much better than the first two. By the end it's basically a Haruhi episode.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrazySalamander posted:

I watched Haruhi for everyone who was not Haruhi.

I'm gonna laugh though if this is actually season 3 of Haruhi and they were trolling everyone though, much better joke than the endless 8.

At the rate they're burning through the manga, they'll be at Volume 6 (the current volume when announced) at episode 12/16. Volume 8 just came out so it would be interesting to see if they actually go that far.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Was this a Nozaki-kun refrence, or just a thing they do in anime now?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When I saw the scene that was the first thing I thought of. Both of them just drawn menacing and laughing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dan7el posted:

This is the story of what would've happened if Kyon had chosen the blue pill instead of the red pill, or vice versa (I can never remember which pill did which), in the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not clear on if this Kyon is aware of the fact that he's in an alternate timeline?

Kyon doesn't know he's in an alternate timeline. This is supposed to be a take on what the Disappearance universe would be like if he were changed too. He meets Yuki earlier on in the timeline than the movie and in a different context, thus they're able to communicate better. The past is also rewritten to remove John Smith and any other time travel anomolies. Those results should appear next episode in a flashback. From here on out though, there's a mix of the group doing things they did in the main anime series(since most events never happened now) with a Kyon/Yuki relationship twist.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

Apparently they're faithfully adapting the manga, which just sorta keeps going like this indefinitely, so I doubt there are any twists.

Volume 7/8 has some pretty big advancement in the relationship department. They do acknowlege the passage of time though. They're having another christmas party and there's lots of "It's been a year now" comments made. It may actually end by 2018.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up before this one airs: the episode is Valentines Day so don't expect much. Next week is back to BIzzaro Haruhi.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The latest Japanese release of Yuki Nagato Chan came out today. Yuki is still sick but we get an image of Puyo Melancholy Haruhi dragging Kyon around.
http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_KS02000002010000_68/

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think there were a couple anime original bits in there. They nabbed a chapter from Volume 3, but at first I had thought that was original as well. They fleshed out a couple of scenes, but probably the most interesting change is the addition of John Smith to Haruhi's flashback. Is it a sign of something more to come?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't put it past them to try something after the mountain arc, when Nagato is supposed to be old Nagato with Nagaturkey's memories. They could have her actually get her memories back and fix everything, but it's probably not going to happen. They'll end with the School Festival arc and possibly have an anime original ending episode.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This week was a very fun episode

Hot Springs episode next week. Yuki getting run over by a car in 2.

E: Spoiled

Dehry fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 17, 2015

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Boy are you guys in for a treat in about a month.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Does this spin off have an Endless Eight as well? That would be odd

They meet a year later in this universe. A bunch of their activities are going to be familiar, but chapter 39 starts with a call back to the last day of the endless 8 cycle, complete with a big 8 on the page.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The dub has started to be posted on Funimation. They even managed to get the full Haruhi cast back.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You're getting original Yuki with Turkey's memories, but she doesn't recognize them as her own. There will be tons of posts on forums saying "This is what she should have been like" by people who claimed to have dropped the series. It's followed up by Finite 8 too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're going to stretch this arc out arent they?

At least now I can see why they needed 16 episodes and an OVA.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This episode had quite a few more anime original moments. It was made from only 20 pages of the manga and most of those were used in the first couple of minutes. I really hope they don't go for an anime original ending and/or slip in Haruhi season 2.5 after going this far.

E: also, how about that ED change

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 6, 2015

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think it was more to save budget.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't expecting them to stretch the arc out this long. They may just try to avoid introducing major characters and stop on volume 5 unless they turn it into an endless 8 episode. A lot of this volume has been anime original . I do have a pretty good idea where they could stop. Of course that leaves the question about what the OVA will cover.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like we're finishing up with Kyon confessing to Yuki but being drowned out by fireworks. (chapter 37 in the manga) unless by some miracle they do an anime original ending. The OVA is still coming, which means they'll probably have that be the school festival arc, which is more or less a Haruhi reference fest.

As for those of you noticing the Endless 8 stuff, that's because they're having Haruhi's planned summer vacation a year later. As matter of a fact, I'm hoping they do through chapter 39 just because of it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
OK that was the perfect way to endless eight the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was just fine with the Post-credits bit. I think it was needed to make the anime complete. That gives more hope to the OVA covering the school festival arc or maybe even skipping to the following arc if they wanted to avoid having Sasaki introduced. I just wish we didn't have to wait until November for the next book.

• Locked thread