Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
So guys, I have this theory

Funimation bought the rights to the main Haruhi series, right? And yet they haven't released any new DVDs for it, which is presumably the thing you'd want to do if you bought a license.

SO,

I think the only reason they haven't announced a new DVD release is because they're waiting for the upcoming official announcement of Haruhi season 3.

H how about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Okay, so, uh... anyone else really want Haruhi to get Kyon? I mean, sheesh, Yuki is just such a lovely character, she's actually lost development. Haruhi, meanwhile, has developed from the original show in that in this universe she doesn't have powers and therefore a gang to satisfy her every need— and thus she's forced to grow as a person. She's nicer and more overtly interested in Kyon...and they're already spending more romantic moments together.

It's going to kill me when Kyon picks Yuki in this lovely spinoff.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Zedd posted:

It's surprising to stumble upon this thread, because I actually thought about Haruhi last week or so.
The original show was the first real non Toonami show I watched back in highschool on recommendation of a friend.

I always liked the idea and effect put into Endless8, and I liked s2 and the movie. so I'm going to give this a shot since a few pages back I read why there won't ever be an s3. :v:

Well it's not like there won't ever be one... all we really need is Tanigawa to get off his rear end and write more books.

(For anyone unfamiliar with the full problem...)

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

This, Mikuru will gently caress off to her own time anyway and Yuki is a robot

what about itsuki

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Dehry posted:

This episode had quite a few more anime original moments. It was made from only 20 pages of the manga and most of those were used in the first couple of minutes. I really hope they don't go for an anime original ending and/or slip in Haruhi season 2.5 after going this far.

E: also, how about that ED change

Uh, yes you do? Isn't this what everyone is hoping for? Desperately?

• Locked thread