Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Turner
Oct 2, 2014

by Ralp
No one actually enjoys jazz. They pretend to enjoy it because it makes them feel sophisticated or "grown up".

Translation for nerds: it's like pretending 2001 is your favorite movie.

HTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Captain Turner posted:

I don't enjoy jazz. I have a psychological need to come up with elaborate explanations for why anyone else likes it because I'm insecure about being unsophisticated and immature.

HTH

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lot of no-sex-havers coming out of the woodwork to defend their incel anthems

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Source: Author.

How would you even collect that data? Also, apparently over 1/2 of rappers will be shot to death.

here you go: http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/apr/02/do-musicians-die-young-truth-27-club

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

fyodor posted:

lol project a little harder will you?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

fyodor posted:

p much lock-up your dick and balls if you like jazz because that poo poo is for non-sex-havers

nope

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
realtalk tho I never liked jazz but this album is considered "nujazz" and I fuckin love it:

Hyena by Red Snapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSE2Dt8CCgI

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
theres plenty of sexy jazz

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Jazz is easy to understand. You just gently caress up actual music, then keep repeating your mistake to try and trick people into thinking it was intentional.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
if you don't like jazz that's fine, different strokes, but when you come up with conspiracy theories for why everyone is just pretending to like jazz.... lol you're just insecure as gently caress

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Frankenstyle posted:

Jazz is easy to understand. You just gently caress up actual music, then keep repeating your mistake to try and trick people into thinking it was intentional.

Isn't that kind of how the Europeans hosed up their music by reading Greek notes backwards and never figuring it out.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

a bone to pick posted:

realtalk tho I never liked jazz but this album is considered "nujazz" and I fuckin love it:

Thats because it sounds like videogame music you loving sidescrolling goon.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

West SAAB Story posted:

Thats because it sounds like videogame music you loving sidescrolling goon.

:eng99:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

What a great name for a soviet stripper.

The music makes me nostalgic for my old Sega Genesis.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
heh heh man you don't get jazz, jack. jazz gets you, dig? outta sight. i'm sparked, daddy. i'm juked up and bubblin'. freaky!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

:keke:

I can't find my TTV CDs. Well, not the important (good) ones. :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ2qEah8Fns

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont care for jazz

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

as long as it is elevator music i get it

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
i've had sex

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Zen Punk posted:

i've had sex

Not if you listen to music that I don't, I can't believe such a tall tale

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Horniest Manticore posted:

heh heh man you don't get jazz, jack. jazz gets you, dig? outta sight. i'm sparked, daddy. i'm juked up and bubblin'. freaky!

:monocle:

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Huh. Well look at that.

I wonder how she gathered her data? I'd imagine through musicians who were notable enough to be printed in the paper. Anyway, that's interesting.

In other news: some jazz is really good and fun, some of it sucks, and some of it is ok.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Some people even have sex while jazz music is playing! In fact, your grandparents were probably listening to jazz while they made your parents!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I was at some jazz club in paris once and was totally loving entranced. i never experienced that again though, so, i dunno what my opinion on jazz is

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

fyodor posted:

one time i poked a girl in the behind while this album was playing and it was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Jw_pn2lY8

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Some people even have sex while jazz music is playing! In fact, your grandparents were probably listening to jazz while they made your parents!

lol old spotted

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

West SAAB Story posted:

lol old spotted

I am your grandpa. Your Grandma used to suck my salt peanuts to Dizzy Gillespie all the time.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I am your grandpa. Your Grandma used to suck my salt peanuts to Dizzy Gillespie all the time.

you are dead

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hobohemian posted:

Isn't that kind of how the Europeans hosed up their music by reading Greek notes backwards and never figuring it out.

Hm, yes, European ,music, notable for being a monolithic entity that never got anywhere.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

steinrokkan posted:

Hm, yes, European ,music, notable for being a monolithic entity that never got anywhere.

I didn't hear Chopin sampled on Jay Z's multi plat albums. poo poo's dead son. Only white try hards and asian wanna be whites give a poo poo about that music.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hobohemian posted:

I didn't hear Chopin sampled on Jay Z's multi plat albums. poo poo's dead son. Only white try hards and asian wanna be whites give a poo poo about that music.

Hm, yes, 20th ct music doesn't use the same musical notation as Mozart, interesting indeed.

u r really hardcore will u sign my yu gi oh cards

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

steinrokkan posted:

Hm, yes, 20th ct music doesn't use the same musical notation as Mozart, interesting indeed.

u r really hardcore will u sign my yu gi oh cards

I guess when music stopped being made by inbreed white people it actually got good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hobohemian posted:

I guess when music stopped being made by inbreed white people it actually got good.

i too am eight years old and hate myself

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
all those WHITE PEOPLE WHITE PEOPLE making all that ruckus with their jazz

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

steinrokkan posted:

all those WHITE PEOPLE WHITE PEOPLE making all that ruckus with their jazz

Don't be mad just because your race is genetically incapable of understanding rhythm without getting hand held by the others. It's not your fault you were born that way.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
goddamn crackers filling up those juke joints, they they be thinkin they be the cats pajamas

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Who doesn't get jizz

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hobohemian posted:

Don't be mad just because your race is genetically incapable of understanding rhythm without getting hand held by the others. It's not your fault you were born that way.

- said on ship from Sierra Leone to Jamaica, 1650

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
jazz would not exist if not for creoles, a type of black people.nice try tho with the "thing I don't like is from whitey" maneuver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
White race is getting tarnished, better ring the bell boys.

• Locked thread