Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

alansmithee posted:

People realized he couldn't shoot, so it became much harder for him to drive.

They knew this his rookie year too, he never seemed to ever attack the rim the same since his rookie year

The jumper thing frustrating because he would do all the talk about improving and spend the summer working on it but never actually took the steps he needed to. He spent one year talking a bunch about working with Shot Doc but ultimately never did because their schedules never lined up or some BS like that. I don't really know what Tyreke's schedule is like from April through September but I'm pretty sure it's not that busy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Milwaukee arena pics look terrible. How could they go so far away from the Brutalist wet dream which is the Bradley Center

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's been awhile since we had a :lol: Kings story
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12644960/vlade-divac-emerges-sacramento-kings-lead-voice

quote:

Vlade Divac has quietly emerged as the new lead voice of the Sacramento Kings' front office, according to league sources.

‎Sources told ESPN.com ‎that Divac, who was recently hired by the Kings under the seemingly broad title of vice president of basketball and franchise operations, is indeed regarded as the team's top basketball official by owner Vivek Ranadive after months of turbulence in Sacramento.

The Kings have yet to formally announce their new power structure, but sources say that Divac has supplanted both general manager Pete D'Alessandro and former Kings adviser Chris Mullin -- who just jumped to the college game as the new coach at alma mater St. John's -- as Sacramento's lead basketball decision-maker.

The future of D'Alessandro in Sacramento, especially after the departure of his closest ally in the organization in Mullin, is unclear. Sources say, however, that the Kings have already launched a search to add another front-line basketball executive to work alongside Divac whether D'Alessandro stays or departs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papercut posted:

I don't know, Ballstreams clearly way oversold this season because the connection quality has dropped tremendously. I don't think I've been able to watch a live game this year that wasn't buffering like crazy.

Yeah I kind of stopped watching games on Ballstreams because games would just randomly quit and dump me back into the app. Or it would freeze for like 2 minutes before start playing again and then randomly skip all the way forward in the game and I'd miss a bunch of poo poo. I pretty much gave up ever trying to play an HD stream

Plus having the app rely on 3rd party players on my phone is kind of cool I guess but I miss good built-in control options

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ungratek posted:

The NBA is not rigging drafts, they gain nothing from it and lose everything if it were to come out. Not to mention the accounting firm they hire for it would never sign off on it for the same reason

Yeah the real drawing is done back stage with actual representatives of the team (not hot daughters of the owners). Rigging it would imply that not only would the accounting firm sign off on it but the other teams in the league agreeing to reward Dan Gilbert for some reason.

But nope stuff looks fishy and narratives are easy to write after the fact so something has gotta be up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

I miss when the Pistons were good, they had a bunch of good posters

I don't like liars

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

OK, I want the Pistons to keep sucking, but the posters to come back

Cadillac and arrogancy can stay in what grave they crawled in to and never come back :mad:

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 10, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rajon Weirdo
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/rajon-rondo-walks-out-of-movies-if-they-have-plot-holes

quote:

Provide him with bad information? “Your credibility is shot,” Rondo says. And if he doesn’t buy the narrative, even off the floor, he’ll bail, he’ll disengage, as he does on movies whose storylines stray from logic, even for a moment. His last theater walkout: The Equalizer, starring Denzel Washington. “I didn’t understand how he got the cop’s number,” Rondo says, referencing a certain scene. “It was just too much.” He recently watched the movie again to see if he could stomach it. He couldn’t.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He's probably having issues fitting in with the Mavs because he watched an episode of Shark Tank and questioned Cuban's thought process

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My 7th grader science teacher told me that he walked out of The Rock after the first 10 minutes. I learned that old people are lame

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

coreymaggette.mp4
https://vine.co/v/eBQO0nLx9mK

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

More things need to be related to Fast & Furious so in this case I'll give Simmons a pass

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aldrich could have drawn a super easy charge but was like nah gently caress that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Faxanadu posted:

"My team sucks and I need an excuse to play it off."

The thought of having to fork out money for playoff tickets or sell them is a real conundrum. Better to just never have to deal with it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings got the 6th worst record locked up :cool:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm going to laugh at Chicago when in 2017 the Kings first round pick they hold changes to a heavily protected second round pick. Cry a lot on the inside but definitely laugh a little at them on the outside

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings sign David Stockton through next season. Ugh.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

James Harden plastered all over a bottle of Code Red

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@gregbeacham
Jeremy Lin walked out to the court for a pregame workout right as Byron Scott said he's done for the season.

llllllllllllllakers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah this is a solid interview. It's nothing crazy, or things we didn't know, but it's always nice to hear an honest perspective about these situations from a person involved.

It was basically an old man saying "do these young guys want it enough?" over and over again.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Doltos posted:

I lived on a lake when I was sixteen and me and my friends would rowboat to each others houses and thought it was literally the coolest thing anyone has every done in the world ever.

Are you Joey and did you grow up on Dawson's Creek?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Harden also came along pretty nice (remember when people were saying that OKC could have had Tyreke instead of Harden). Steven Adams defied all explanation by becoming a good basketball player. Reggie Jackson too. The org does a nice job of developing players, don't know how much you can credit Brooks for that but someone there is doing good work

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's post Jason Terry getting owned content
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/11/7380459/kings-fans-heckle-jason-terry-who-never-played-a-game-for-them

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

Unfortunately--
Sacramento Kings entered the NBA (moving from KC) in 85-86 and have competed in 76 playoff games, winning 36 of them with 0 titles
Jason Terry joined the league in '00, he has played 93 playoff games, winning 48 of them and 1 title
---by counting the rings we can definitively prove that Jason Terry is a better basketball player than the Sacramento Kings are a basketball organization
QED

LeBron never dunked over a city

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The players like Brooks and he appears to get along with the front office. Based on the rest of the league, it is very hard to find a head coach that can actually do those two things

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How good was John Stockton?

Not as good as this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_g3-eaxYDw

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

If Jordan stayed retired it looks like they would've definitely won the title in 1997 and possibly 1998.

No way Stockton beats Mark Jackson's Pacers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

John Stockton, good to very good shooter. Not a great shooter. Don't get me wrong. He was an all-time great player. But John Stockton would not be considered a great shooter.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cuban is a huge "gently caress you got mine" or "gently caress you I want mine" guy, so as long as your interest align with his he's pretty cool

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

I was just looking at thread from that draft recently, and it was hilarious how many people were defending that pick

I talked myself into it because the the draft seemed weak at the time so why not get a role player who could be a really good interior defender. Of course the draft turned out way better than anyone could honestly say they foresaw. Of course Thabeet wasn't that but it's one of those "if you squint really hard it kind of looks like this" things.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The rising cap kind of sucks for Sacramento because now plenty of other teams now have more available room and who the gently caress wants to sign here over other options

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

alansmithee posted:

Wait so you mean players aren't lining up to be thrown under a bus after inevitable playoff flameouts?

So far he's managed to compare Derrick Williams to a Pepsi machine and imply that DeMarcus Cousins is not untradeable so he's well on track

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade is going to warn you about red light cameras and speed traps. Thanks Vlade

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@howardeskin
I have been told #sixers no. 1 pick Joel Embiid fined thousands of dollars this season 4 being late and missing multiple rehab sessions.

Joel-hny Basketball

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know I'm a dinosaur in terms of analytics and advanced stats but every time I watch Chandler Parsons play or look up his counting stats I say "wow he's making a lot of money"

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 19, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NeuroticErotica posted:

Just management. Players can say anything they want since they're not supposed to be the decision makers.

Just ask Wade, Bosh, and Lebron

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Philthy posted:

Some can move themselves up a bit in the draft and show they're not a flash in the pan, like Kaminsky. He was expected 2nd round last year I believe. (900m) 1st round 10th this year. (2m+) He effectively doubled his value.

If you're projected only in the second round I can see deciding to go back, but if you're slated to go in the first round you're taking a big risk not doing so. And the prospect of playing up your stock for a higher pick is offset by your stock dropping

Plus the earlier you come out the more years of earning potential you'd have

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think this is right. The default college coach personality is petty tyrant. If they can browbeat someone into getting more free labor, which equals more wins, which equals more millions or a chance at a job at a better school, then they'll do it.

This is why Callipari is on top, he's honest about what he wants and open about aligning this with what his players want.

Cousins loved Calipari. When considering the draft he told Cousins to look out for his family (I.e. get drafted and paid)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone do their best to convince me Kevin Ollie and Eric Snow are different players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Great White Hope posted:

"Nobody can beat us eight times in one year" is funny enough to make up for everything though.

Season, calendar, or fiscal?

• Locked thread