Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Lockback posted:

So where is the smart money on annoying playoff posters this year? My first thought was Cavs fans, but we're not far removed from the last Cavs contending team so I feel like it won't be the same thing.

I feel like I haven't seen many bad GSW fans. And I don't think there are enough people who care about the Hawks. Will the Clippers last long enough to get some bad Clipper's posters in here?

There was that Golden State fan that did a massive ragequit when they lost to the Spurs, he's bound to reappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Maybe that reporter Miami fan moved to the Cavs Brian Windhorst-style

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I thought Tyreke was gonna be so good watching him play for the Kings as a rookie. Then he never got better.

Every offseason on the Kings he would claim that he fixed his jumper, but it always turned out that he just trained with his buddies who had never seen a jumper before, and the cellphone videos of him practicing would come out, with the jumper busted in new ways.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

you have to change the server or improve your internet because i've had no problems at all.

There it is, the I have no problems reply.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

The best part is that the only retired number is a journeyman who got killed by a drunk driver when he was with the team.

They retired Eddie Griffin's number?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Gilbert Arenas did that with one hand, probably any shooter that gets paid to play basketball can do something similar.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Intruder posted:

Meanwhile Rick Barry continues to offer to teach anyone to shoot underhanded but nope can't look stupid out there *clanks 65% of all FTs*

There's nothing magical about underhanded fts, Rick Barry was a great shooter with regular form too and only did it underhanded because he's a weirdo.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

EvanTH posted:

The story is that Wilt's FT% went up but he stopped because he felt like "a sissy", which is also more or less why Barry's kids don't shoot underhanded.

That was the story, but I recall it being a low amount, which could be attributed to him actually doing something about it for a change rather than the form.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Zogo posted:

History also tells us that many players in the past shot better underhanded.

You will not be able to prove this in any way.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Zogo posted:

What kind of proof are you looking for?

That players from the past didn't shoot underhanded just because that's how they learned it. The only "modern" example you'll find is Barry, and he was a Kobe-level weirdo that has pushed the agenda for years. Someone mentioned the physics being better, but it's just a matter of adjusting the angle and release point, otherwise guys like Yao and Dirk would never be able to be good at it.

cisneros fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 24, 2015

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
You can't do this hotlanta man, you were the only Atlanta fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

No he's not. I hated the Bulls, and especially Jordan. But he wasn't overrated. Maybe overexposed and treated differently by the sporting press. He got the Tiger Woods treatment. But he was probably the best man under 6'10 or so to ever play in the NBA

I think he's joking, considering that the Heat retired his jersey.

• Locked thread