Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Those Mustangs have one hell of a distinct exhaust note. One I haven't heard in a long time.

Good luck with the swap, looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's not exactly a drop-in, and you'll need a modified ECU.

That's gotta move like a raped ape once it gets traction though. ~400 hp out of the box, in a sub-3000 pound chassis. :stare: A later model Fox body 5.0 put out about half of the hp and had a little over 100 ft/lbs less torque, in stock trim.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

jhcain posted:

Then you get the challenge of adding a power steering pump to the coyote- simple enough, but add the cost and complexity to the budget!

There's several kits out that let you add a power steering pump, and a couple that also add an a/c compressor.

It's a pretty tight fit, but it works.

ratbert90 posted:

I am convinced the Fox Body Mustang is to Ford as the CRX is to Honda.

I think a better comparison would be an EG Civic. The CRX is pretty drat hard to find today, while EG's (and Fox bodies) are still somewhat plentiful. Hard to find stock, but they're out there.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

Aren't those the ones that tear themselves apart at the seams and break the windshield when you apply power? Or is it the generation after? (paging doogle)

The EF is closely related to the second generation CRX, so yeah, doogle learned that one the hard way. Though to be fair he was putting some insane power through it - remember even the top tier US market CRX only had ~108 hp stock (they could be had with up to 150 hp in other countries, but wasn't he putting something insane like 400+ hp through his?)

e: more mustang talk please

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 21, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

leica posted:

They also disintegrate in an accident, so there's that. I love the EF and EG's (I owned one) but you may as well be riding a drat motorcycle once you're over 60mph.

My EG held up pretty well when I got in a fight with an 18 wheeler at about 65 mph. :colbert: Granted, every wheel pointed a random direction and the exhaust was center exit after the hit, but I walked away with nothing more than a few cuts, bruises, and whiplash.

An EF would have been a pancake though.

• Locked thread