Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Okay so, the Invasion, the Invasion is the biggest loving mess of an angle to ever happen in the WWE and I defy anyone to find something that lost more money.

Okay so first things first, the plan.

the original plan was to do the brand split, except with WWF Raw vs WCW Nitro on a different channel, There was a problem with this, that being no one wanted to give the WWF a time slow for Nitro. so okay, that didn't work. Vince's second plan, which actually wound up happening as the invasion ended, was he would retreat to Smackdown with the WWF guys and the WCW guys would take over Monday Night Raw, but there was a problem.

1. TNT paid big money for Monday Night Raw, and they didn't want it to be replaced with Nitro.
2. The planned main event/commentary to see Monday Nitro kick off was Booker T vs Buff Bagwell with Arn and someone else on commentary. This match was bad, the crowd shat all over it.

So Vince, from this and whispers of Kevin Dunn and Triple H decided "These motherfuckers can't work!"

Now that's how it is on the political/network side, Now we got to go to the talent.

WWF talent does not want to Job to WCW talent! Because they feel that these guys were trying to put them out of business, and now they were coming in to take their spots. This wasn't helped by Vince giving the WCW guys WCW shirts to wear to create "Real tension" in the locker room, because he always felt it helped a feud. He did this in the past with Bret and Shawn.

So now Vince is convinced WCW wrestlers can't work, his talent doesn't wanna job, and the networks are refusing to budge on him letting Nitro be its own thing, keep in mind, what he wound up doing after the invasion with both "Ric Flair Owner of Raw" and "Brand Split" were basically his original plans for the Invasion, and they were fine plans (minus the lovely NWO)

Basically everything that could go wrong? did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

RZApublican posted:

Oh I think he watched just enough of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Spl1Prm2jE

:vince:

The funny thing is he said in the past that Buff would never have a job in the WWF.

• Locked thread