Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's basically impossible to change those collars when the dragons grow enough to be choked by them. So cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kimmalah posted:

As for Casterly Rock, I'm pretty sure it's going to Kevan now.

Non-Dornish house leadership is daughters-before-uncles, so Cersei is the Lady of Casterly Rock.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Anonymous Zebra posted:

You've got that backwards, Dorne is the only place that puts women as equals to their male counterparts.

Iron Throne is uncles-before-daughters.
Non-Dornish house leadership is daughters-before-uncles.
Dornish house leadership is daughters-before-younger-sons.

Or whoever has a bigger army.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

marktheando posted:

So if Cersei inherits that would mean Cersei's non-Lannister (well in name at least) children inherit after her. So the Lannister family name is dead. Nice job securing the succession Tywin.

That's why he needed Jaime to leave the Kingsguard. Good sabotage, Tyrion.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

And if Tommen inherits Casterly Rock, he can choose to give it to a Lannister and name them Warden.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Viserys was still alive when the assassin was sent, and this was pre-hatching, so Daenerys wasn't special yet.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He did say "chain of mistakes". I took it that he thought they could mold Viserys into a better leader than Robert back then, and maybe he regrets that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tywin had Varys send the message about Jorah's pardon. But he might not know what she chose between execution, exile and forgiveness.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Boing posted:

Was Varys really a Targaryen sympathizer when Robert was on the throne?

That's what he said.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think there was just gonna be a megathread, anyway.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kiimo posted:

Here's a weird question, do the Lannisters currently have any problem with Littlefinger? They gave him a title and he left and secretly took Sansa but he didn't go to Harranhall which is where is title is located he instead wooed Robin's mom and took over her territory as well and now he's off again to Red God knows where and the Lannisters have no idea about any of it. Do I have that right?

If I remember correctly from S3, Tywin knew that Littlefinger was going to the Vale because he was tasked with bringing the Vale back into the Seven Kingdoms.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Once you activate all the switch palaces, you kill all the White Walkers. That blue one's gonna be tough, you're probably not gonna see that one until late Season 7.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

OrangeKing posted:

If Hot Pie somehow injected himself into this situation at this moment, that would be the greatest thing that has happened or can happen in this series.

Sansa needs to know about the gravy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Emilia Clarke was really workin' those eyebrows in that last scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

RichardDunn posted:

Did I miss Dorne in the opening credits?

No, they mistakenly included the Eyrie instead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Sansa asked Littlefinger about the message he received in the first episode, but I couldn't understand his reply. What did he say? Something about a marriage proposal?

"My marriage proposal has been accepted."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

Also what is Qyburn gonna do with a severed head :ohdear:

Science! :science:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Dothraki extras are actually doing stuff. I feel like they've been blink-and-you'll-miss-them for the last couple seasons ever since Dany got the Unsullied.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

They are? Like what?

Prisoner transport. It's better than invisibility.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If she had shown that guy mercy, the Masters might start hiring people to kill soldiers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

She's got to play strategically imo because it seems the Harpies are still underground but if she squeezes too hard too fast they'll get too powerful and that's it for her.

I think losing the devotion of the ex-slaves is much riskier for her, though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Phosphia posted:

Without dragons.

I think RavenMail is a notable factor too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Oh poo poo, you wanted training? I thought you just wanted to crash on my couch."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

My first cat was named "Kitty" and that's okay shut up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I know it was horribly undermanned, but fuckin' Theon took Winterfell.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It doesn't even have a Moon Door.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They should have that game available to play in the Iron Bank while waiting for the representatives.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, even without the leaks, TVIV just isn't as busy as it used to be.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That was the show's most graphic beheading yet, right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

WetSpink posted:

Where is Tyrion right now on those maps, and how far is where he is from Meereen?

Left to right: Arya, Tyrion, Daenerys

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

WetSpink posted:

Did Tyrion arrive on that continent in Pentos or am I remembering wrong?

That's correct. Pentos is also the city that Daenerys and her brother were at in the very first episode.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nevermind

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Seriously It's like the whole point of the show.

Many would disagree with that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'd think it's similar to Tyrion jailing the Grand Maester in S2.

And yeah, Cersei is de facto Hand of the King. She will be unless Tommen tells her to get lost, but he won't.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah you see a couple Dothraki extras every once in a while.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

whatever7 posted:

Come on now she didn't kill her brother.

He's talking about the impression that people who don't know her and didn't see any of those events would have.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Well I heard that the Dragon Queen breathed fire and melted the gold herself.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Daario is now Dany's top advisor.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

Who is the old guy (Barry I guess?) that dies at the end? Totally forgot who that is.

Former commander of the Kingsguard that Joffrey fired after becoming king in Season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

fullroundaction posted:

Oh, and when did LF and Sansa go to Winterfell? I feel like I missed something because the last thing I remember they were hanging out in Moat Cailin.

They went to Winterfell when you went to the kitchen to get something to eat last week.

• Locked thread