Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
He mentions his wife in two sentences during season 1. Dany is asking him about his background and asks if he has a wife. Jorah says "she's in another land...with another man". :smith: I want to say it was S1 Ep 2 or 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I keep going back and forth between laughing and wanting to vomit :lol:

E: Best part of the doc is anytime Mark Addy is on camera.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 22, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yo what goes around comes around Cersei.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

God tier tits in that sand snakes scene.

Also this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JT Jag posted:

Hope Dany flies over to Westeros and burns everything next episode, the end

I did like the shot in the Next Time teaser with Jorah, Daario, and Tyrion sitting around in Mereen's throne room picking at their nails and generally looking bored :lol:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hexel posted:

It was the only way forward

Also I'm glad Dany's new husband died like a bitch

I guess he wasn't a Harpy after all.

Also is it too :tinfoil: to wonder if Melisandre lit all those fires in the camp? She seemed awfully chill during that scene, of course she doesn't have any sort of motive unless she really just wanted to see Shireen die.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Well that was a loving bummer.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
No way is that fool dead for good, why did I sit through five seasons of boring Wall stuff with only one or two good episodes to show for it? If Jon's dead then how does anything in his story line relate to anyone else? Sam?

oswald ownenstein posted:

I don't think it was a bad episode, it was just horribly unsatisfying for a finale - it feels like we're supposed to get the real finale after all this setup.

The whole episode was an extended teaser for next season, at least to me. Now to cross my fingers that they bring HBO Now to Android platforms by next season.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 15, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This was definitely the weakest season of the show for me (only season 3 comes anywhere close) but that doesn't make it a terrible show. Plus they really cranked it up since about halfway through episode 7 but I think that just shows there was a lot of fluff that could have been re-worked.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can I turn avatars back on now?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Super Ninja Fish posted:

You can do better than that. You can enter The Bad Thread.

Eh, I might read the book someday out of curiosity.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol if anyone thought jon snow was actually dead. i don't think book readers thought he was dead for good even then.

It took multiple conversations with my wife to convince her that he's probably not dead for good, but to her credit she doesn't really "get" scripted continuity in television, while I eat this stuff up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For as much as she and I ragged on Jon in the show, her indignation over his stabbing and her declarations of "I'm done with this stupid show" were kind of endearing :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

Ian mcshane is going to be in season 6? that piques my interest. Is Season 5 worth checking out?

Season 5 felt to me like the world's longest Season 6 trailer. It all came across as set-up, I'd still watch it but I'd so much closer to when Season 6 airs.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobo the Red posted:

Season 5 has one of the best episodes in the entire series.

Hardholme? Because that's the only one I can really remember.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

cjg posted:

Ian McShane is TRENDING. “You say the slightest thing and the internet goes ape,” he says. “I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think get a f---ing life. It’s only tits and dragons."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/03/11/ian-mcshane-game-of-thrones-is-just-tits-and-dragons/

Some spoilers in there.

"Yeah I'll do GoT, I'll get to hang out with Charles and Stephen!"

"Actually we killed them off."

":("

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Anonymous Zebra posted:

His goal was to weaken most of the great houses and he does this by sowing discord between the Baratheon brothers, the Lannisters, and the Starks. Meanwhile Varys and his buddy from across the ocean are trying to prevent all this, but it's completely out of control by the time Ned gets there. Cersei eventually kills her husband, but not because of any grand scheme, but rather because he was an abusive drunk rapist. Meanwhile, we the viewer/reader are biased because we are being told the story through the eyes of the Starks who distrust the Lannisters even though they are technically innocent 9/10 of season 1!

Is it outright stated that Cersei had a hand in Robert's death? The show goes out of its way to point out that Lancel Lannister was carrying Robert's wine when out hunting, but I always came away from that thinking that Robert just got too drunk and Cersei was really lucky that he died when he did. I don't recall how the book handled it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Book and show both have problems but the book's problems aren't damaging to the whole story, the show's problems are. Books 4/5's problems are just that it's all build up. They haven't made the real horrible decisions than Season 5 has. Book 4/5 feels like a placeholder book; not that the story has turned bad. It feels like Season 5 has made the story turn bad.

I haven't read past book 1 but I would say that season 5 definitely felt like all build up as well. When I got done watching the finale I remember posting here or telling a friend that I had just watched a 10-hour trailer for season 6 spread out over three months.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Xealot posted:

I believe HBO Now has become available on a lot of devices. So, no, I think you can access it for $15/month through pretty much whatever.

Oh that's all HBO Now is? Nice, I'm coming up on a year of having this cable subscription so I'm sure they're about to jack the price up on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

EccoRaven posted:

this is probably going to win because it's really good

P sure it's "I am the god of tits and w(h)ine" but yeah I'm down.

• Locked thread