Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I hate linking YTMND these days but this totally sums up Blade 3
http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com/

I was skeptical, but this is a pro click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aletoria
Apr 5, 2015

hi. yes. hi.
Man i remember watching the first two movies. god i loved Ryan Reynolds in the second one. they need to make a new one with him as the lead role. they could always paint him black if Blade needs to be black

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ryan was not in any of the movies except the third and bad, one

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Iron Prince posted:

motherfuckers always trying to ice skate up hill

Some of 'em, yeah

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Blade owned. The best part was when the attack ships caught fire off the shoulder of Orion.

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
Apparently I have to rewatch Blade 2 because I hated it when I saw it but most people seem to consider it a good movie. The main thing I remember is lovely CGI Blade using WWF moves againtst lovely CGI vampire guy in the end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Iron Prince posted:

motherfuckers always trying to ice skate up hill

The best part about that line is that it wasn't originally in the script and instead was just something the director overheard Wesley Snipes saying to someone when he was on his cell phone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blade 2 is okay but its kind of weird how it introduces this whole super badass vampire team that's supposed to have been training to kill Blade and like half of them die in the first fight.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

Blade 1 was awesome
Blade 2 was kind of silly and had hilariously awful CGI at points but was still entertaining, if far dumber than the first one

Only part with bad CG that I can recall was the fight in front of the wall of lights.

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Also I hold Blade 2 would have been ten times funnier if the girl who wanted to dramatically die in sunlight died exactly like the vampires from Blade 1 in sunlight, bloating up like a balloon and exploding in a shower of gore. Would have redeemed that whole dumb plot.

In Blade they just burned up. When Stephen Dorf killed Udo Kier by taking him outside to see his first sunrise, Udo caught on fire.

The popping gore balloon was from Blade's special concoction in the silver syringe things.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Blade facts: serious business

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

muscles like this? posted:

The best part about that line is that it wasn't originally in the script and instead was just something the director overheard Wesley Snipes saying to someone when he was on his cell phone.
did not know this, lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think the girl didn't violently catch on fire and poo poo because she ~accepted~ her fate and thus got a more peaceful end :kiddo:

no it doesnt make any sense but neither does vampires you NERD

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
did anyone else watch the Blade TV show? I thought Sticky Fingaz made a p. decent Blade

the rest of the show sucked, though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the women were hot

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another fun Blade movie fact is that Kris-Kris doesn't like his character because he swears so much.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
All I know is any shot in Blade 3 you dont literally see Wesley Snipes face is not Wesley Snipes, but a double. He was apparently supremely pissed off they threw in two side-kick/replacement characters and was as difficult as possible refusing to really film, haha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How did kris die in the second then come back in the third

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He died in the first and came back in the second and the whole thing was just completely half assed. In the first he very unambiguously dies but then in the second all of a sudden he's actually a vampire. Oh and Blade has an actual cure for real vampires, unlike in the first one where it just worked before you actually turned.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm the big, fat internet vampire.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

He died in the first and came back in the second and the whole thing was just completely half assed. In the first he very unambiguously dies but then in the second all of a sudden he's actually a vampire. Oh and Blade has an actual cure for real vampires, unlike in the first one where it just worked before you actually turned.

He had the cure for vampirism in the first one. He couldn't take it because it would make him 100% human and rob him of his cool sunglass-catching powers.

I think the "explanation" for Kris Kristofferson coming back in Blade 2 was that when he shot himself in the first one it was too late and he had already become a vampire so he lived through it.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

this thread sucks. if you don't like my opinion, bite me.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Traci Lords was the best part of Blade I.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The best part about the Blade series was the time one vampire gave the sun the middle finger.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Doc Block posted:

:argh: them's fightin' words! :ese:

I'm sorry you like dull movies with lifeless action sequences.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Blade 1 was awesome
Blade 2 was kind of silly and had hilariously awful CGI at points but was still entertaining, if far dumber than the first one
Blade 3 was like watching a high school vampire club resurrect a totally bored vampire to fight an equally bored Blade and his new pals no one gives a poo poo about

When Ryan Reynolds ironically was the best part of a Blade movie, that's pretty hosed up.

The Vampomeranians were the best part of Blade 3.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Blazing Ownager posted:

When Ryan Reynolds ironically was the best part of a Blade movie, that's pretty hosed up.

"You cock-juggling thundercunt!" is one of my favorite insults. And I love Reynolds since.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this movie was so good and almost every other superhero movie ever made loving sucks how did that happen

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The Reaper Strain of Vampires was legit sick in Blade 2. Watching that cold and knowing *something* was going to happen when they opened their mouths was pretty cool, and the bifurcated jaw/sucker combo didn't disappoint.

Also Blade doing wrestling moves to Crystal Method and blowing up Traitor Norman Reedus. Blade 2 ain't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Mr. Unlucky posted:

this movie was so good and almost every other superhero movie ever made loving sucks how did that happen

Because the villain was interesting instead of just a blank foil for the hero to beat up at the end. Also, everything is bizarrely over the top.

• Locked thread