Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

do you think a rat has ever jumped onto a counter? but instead of a counter it's actually the deep fryer

Once a mouse fell out of the ceiling and landed on my grill. The cooks were too scared to do anything so it grilled to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
when i worked in fast food the health inspector would hit all the stores in our town in one day. this meant that all the franchise owners had each other on speed dial, and more than once we had to do a quick clean up and expiration label swap when the inspector was in town :v:

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I honestly think our health inspector was high on something during his last visit. He stuck around for more than an hour and couldn't stop talking about Lockheed Martin and random poo poo.

Oh well, we passed.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

do you think a rat has ever jumped onto a counter? but instead of a counter it's actually the deep fryer

yep

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nah OP most of it is necessary. the stuff that seems overblown is usually so when people skimp on proper procedure they're still above a certain level of cleanliness.

health inspectors vary wildly, some care and will shut you down over a few minor things and some don't and just give a cursory inspection and pass you. the only thing that usually they all will say something about is if your refrigeration isn't as cold as it should be.

ItBurns posted:

Most restaurant food, even the ~cute local place~, is premade at best and poo poo you wouldn't dream of eating at home at worst.

tell me where you live so I know never to go there

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Phobic Nest posted:

I honestly think our health inspector was high on something during his last visit. He stuck around for more than an hour and couldn't stop talking about Lockheed Martin and random poo poo.

Oh well, we passed.

was he grover?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly the real question is why are people advocating erring on the side of hosed up unsanitary kitchen conditions instead of erring on the side of caution?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Who are they or is it a conspiracy of many nameless people sort of question?

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
The restaurant I worked at had roaches falling from the ceilings, mice constantly dying and ending up in the tallboys condenser drain pans and no soap in the bathrooms and we still got a 95. Pay attention to what they get hit on on the sheets at where ever you go, you'll see a near perfect score but read the poo poo like "They dont cook food to proper temp" or "food was recieved at improper temperature" meaning your chicken breast sat on the back loading dock for a good hour or two in the sun before they got dipshit the dishwasher to put it in the cooler that hasnt been in proper temperature ranges for the past 3 months.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

The restaurant I worked at had roaches falling from the ceilings, mice constantly dying and ending up in the tallboys condenser drain pans and no soap in the bathrooms and we still got a 95. Pay attention to what they get hit on on the sheets at where ever you go, you'll see a near perfect score but read the poo poo like "They dont cook food to proper temp" or "food was recieved at improper temperature" meaning your chicken breast sat on the back loading dock for a good hour or two in the sun before they got dipshit the dishwasher to put it in the cooler that hasnt been in proper temperature ranges for the past 3 months.

jesus where was this and what restaurant?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
pure vanilla

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I think a Chinese buffet by me got closed because they were field dressing a deer in the kitchen, amongst other things.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
personally i dont eat at a restaurant unless all of their hazardous food is left in the temperature danger zone for literally days on end, but thats just me

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Yeah they're probably bullshit OP

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Raku posted:

Yeah they're probably bullshit OP

it's kind of hard to gently caress up a single pack of hot dogs, buns, and fries

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
My buddy is a manager at Dominos. The health inspector rarely comes by because he said, "I believe pizza doesn't go bad. I leave that poo poo out for like a day and eat it and never get sick."

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
health inspectors don't want to make waves at their extremely easy government jobs, wow much surprise

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Armando tiene que lavarse las manos después de usar el baño

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scalding Coffee posted:

Who are they or is it a conspiracy of many nameless people sort of question?

i know someone who runs a kitchen

• Locked thread