Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They used to pick out like half the kindergartners and put them in "pre-1st" if they didn't meet some measure of advancement. Through whatever magic selection criteria, age based physical development, and or the pre-1st curriculum taught, everybody who had gone to pre-1st ended up at least a B student if not in honors programs.

I wasn't one of them so its like I skipped a grade. Those motherfuckers got to take a nap after recess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
When I was in 4th grade I was part of a teacher's master's thesis that taught 5th grade curriculum to smart 4th graders, normal 5th graders, and 6th graders who technically failed the 5th grade.

That teacher hosed up their master's thesis and retired instead, so when I was in 5th grade the school was like well the state says you need to learn 4th grade now and put the dozen of us who had already learned 5th grade into the special ed 4th grade class because the school special ed teacher was assisting that original teacher the year before.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SHARTING BEAR posted:

speak on that
Imagine a year of school that doesn't matter and you don't need to try but you are too young to know anyone to buy you weed.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SHARTING BEAR posted:

I meant more about being in the special ed class but ok
Oh sorry all the proper retard cases were sent to a magnet school so it was just everybody with ADHD or the memory of a goldfish.

• Locked thread