Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

It's not like big budget superhero movies are preventing anything else from being made though so why does it matter?

because I don't want others to be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I really want a Punisher series in the same tone as the Daredevil one because that would be pretty rad since he kills the gently caress out of people on the reg

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Nefarious posted:

my favorite ant man moment was in this one comic where he was a part of some lovely b-team of superheroes after he got kicked out of the avengers and they were all getting their asses kicked and one of them was all "ant man, help!" and he was like "I'm trying but there aren't enough ants around!"

welp c ya

So this Ant Man is about as useful as Jubilee?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
that edgar wright short was cool and showed that you could do some neat fight scenes with this concept. It's apparently really hard to find it on the internet, all I can find now are these garbage quality versions:

https://vimeo.com/62301418

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey posted:

So this Ant Man is about as useful as Jubilee?

a good writer can make any character useful but sometimes you just wanna make fun of a guy's dumb power

grant morrison did a run of justice league where batman was consistently the most useful character despite being the only one without superpowers and it owned

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Nefarious posted:

a good writer can make any character useful but sometimes you just wanna make fun of a guy's dumb power

grant morrison did a run of justice league where batman was consistently the most useful character despite being the only one without superpowers and it owned

Batman... useful?

What kinda dookie butt garbage is that?

A good sniper could take out batman.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
marvel products are consistently fun and good OP.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
A good sniper could take out 99% of super heroes who happen to not be immune to bullets.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Windows 98 posted:

A good sniper could take out 99% of super heroes who happen to not be immune to bullets.

what about bullet man, the man made of bullets. shooting him only makes him stronger

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
one of Batman's nemeses is a super sniper that never misses or some poo poo and batman consistently owns the poo poo out of him

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Nefarious posted:

one of Batman's nemeses is a super sniper that never misses or some poo poo and batman consistently owns the poo poo out of him
The problem with deadshot is that he's all hype but pretty much always fucks up when it's against anyone important. He's like the sidekick superhero that is allegedly strong but who's sole purpose is to lose fights so you know the bad guys mean business.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

ArbitraryC posted:

The problem with deadshot is that he's all hype but pretty much always fucks up when it's against anyone important. He's like the sidekick superhero that is allegedly strong but who's sole purpose is to lose fights so you know the bad guys mean business.

yeah he basically has to be a fuckup because if he actually lived up to his powers he'd just kill everybody

there was a dope run of daredevil where they actually acknowledge how hardcore never missing powers are and bullseye had to be kept in a straight jacket and carted around Hannibal lector style because he was basically the most dangerous motherfucker on the planet

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I thought this movie would be good, but now I feel the it may be bad. You can call me recant man.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I feel like it is going to be fairly mediocre, like most marvel movies. Neither bad or particularly great

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I generally like super hero movies but seriously,

who cares about antman. Isn't he like the aquaman of marvel. His power is being really small and controlling ants, and being really smart but not SUPER smart.

This is propably gonna be a bust because nobody has heard of him and even if you tell people what he can do it's like: "Oh. Ok, uh, neat?"

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Son of Rodney posted:

who cares about antman. Isn't he like the aquaman of marvel.

No..that would be Namor, the Sub-Mariner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namor

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Namor owns tho. I'd watch a namor movie. Imperius Rex.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I really want a Punisher series in the same tone as the Daredevil one because that would be pretty rad since he kills the gently caress out of people on the reg

Been saying that since the very first trailer for Daredevil.

Windows 98 posted:

I think that teleporting characters like Nightcrawler are the most OP thing in all of comics, though they never acknowledge it. They could teleport just about anybody straight into a wall in like a millisecond.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Son of Rodney posted:

I generally like super hero movies but seriously,

who cares about antman. Isn't he like the aquaman of marvel.

theyre making movie with aquaman too:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
what the gently caress is up with daredevil anyways, he's a blind guy with a superpower that basically lets him see. It'd be like having a quadriplegic with the power of psychically controlling their limbs.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ArbitraryC posted:

what the gently caress is up with daredevil anyways, he's a blind guy with a superpower that basically lets him see. It'd be like having a quadriplegic with the power of psychically controlling their limbs.

Yeah, about that...

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I swear I read a comic (maybe an Marvel Ultimates book) where Ant Man had Wasp get small and then broke her device and threw her into an ant farm or something. I don't think she died or whatever, but it seemed really extreme and cruel and I can't remember if I really read this or if I somehow imagined it.

I am pretty sure this happened. I never saw the actual comic but I heard about it. If I recall, Captain America beat the utter poo poo out of him afterwards.

I'm really disappointed to find out in this thread that Ant-Man is some non-Pym good guy. I was kind of hoping for one "really, really hosed up" hero on their roster.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The hero we deserve

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

no more comic movies

no gently caress YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
captain america kicking his rear end ruled because he goaded pym into going to his giant size and then kicked the poo poo out of him just to show that he could

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
plus cap cucked him. cap owns

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Did the hulk ever kill a bunch of innocent people in the comics? And not in some bullshit one-off or whatever, but like, general continuity or whatever its called

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The hero we deserve

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
yes

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

i have pondered this exact same question about professor x for years :v:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hulk needs to devour more people imo

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Race Realists posted:

Professor X is psychic not telekinetic

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Race Realists posted:

Prof x has powers that do other stuff tho, plus he used to be able to walk. Daredevil's power basically just replaces his missing sight with a better version.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So how come the bad guys just dont shoot daredevil in the face,

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

So how come the bad guys just dont shoot daredevil in the face,

They try, but he flips over the bullet and then punches the guy in the throat and then kicks the gun into another guy's throat.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

Professor X is psychic not telekinetic

he's both

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

No he's not. You're thinking of Jean Grey

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

No actually, he isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_X#Powers_and_abilities

Abilities:
Genius-level intellect
Telepathy
Empathy
Mind reading and control
Memory alteration and erasure
Mental bolts
Psionic blasts
Induced paralysis
Illusion casting
Great tactician and strategist
Astral projection
Eidetic memory

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Cable and Bishop.

Psylock is cool too.

Apocalypse is my fave.

Dem lips. :swoon:

Whos the floating guy from space. Morlock or some poo poo?

• Locked thread