Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
So with my history-major math skills I have us at $894 guaranteed pledges so far with conditions that could push that considerably higher. Outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Stickarts posted:

This is swell on so many levels. I will match Naet's total $$$ value for being a jerk to him in the gdt. That and the irony of Datsyuk's on-ice success helping LGBTQ youth is too rich to pass up.

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Why you gotta be such a loving bummer, Datsyuk?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm donating $9 per Red Wings goal to Life Remodeled, my charity in Detroit that is remodeling and revitalizing Detroit's neighborhoods.

Last year, we renovated Cody High School on the west side, and this year is Osborn on the east side. Outside of the construction and cleanup, we also work with the students and neighborhoods on mentoring and education.

http://liferemodeled.com/

As of Game 4, this is $81.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 25, 2015

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I'll do $0.50 for every Eddie Lack save this playoffs to the Canucks Autism Network which provides support for families of individuals living with autism through social, sport, and vocational programming.

As of April 22nd, this is $41.50.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 22, 2015

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I'm going to go differently here and rather than betting on games, I'm gonna care deeply about players' health and give to charities I tend to like.

For every lower body injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to the Canadian wheelchair sports association
For every upper body injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to Doctors without borders
For every concussion or head injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to Alzheimer Society Canada

Hopefully we have healthy hockey players. I'll put a cap at like $100 per charity because who knows what might happen and how many people play with poo poo injuries. Hand and arm injuries are considered to be upper-body injuries.

Since playoffs started on APR 15 according to http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/nhl/injuries/by_date/:

APR 16:
Nate Thompson C ANH Day-to-day Upper-body injury
Mike Fisher C NSH Day-to-day Lower-body injury

APR 17:
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau RW MON Day-to-day Upper-body injury

APR 18:
Justin Fontaine RW MIN Day-to-day Illness*
Shea Weber D NSH Day-to-day Lower-body injury

APR 20:
Eric Fehr RW WAS Day-to-day Upper-body injury
Chris Wagner RW ANH Day-to-day Upper-body injury

* Not covered by my clauses

As of APR 20 numbers, this gives:

Wheelchair sports: $15
Doctors without Borders: $15
Alzheimer Society: $0

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 20, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You're all very cool and creative and handsome.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

And humble. Don't forget humble!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

i will donate $25 to Garden of Dreams if the Rangers make the Stanley Cup Finals. if they don't, i will donate $25 to a charity located in the city of the team that bumps them out of the playoffs.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
I feel as if my donations may have ended... Got to add a whole $2.50 today.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Add another $50 to mine if Ottawa manages to come back and beat Carey Price the Habs.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Well, I've decided that my $15 for this round will be going to HAWS, a Milwaukee-area no-kill shelter.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 26, 2015

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Any Calgary fans have 24 hours to nominate a preferred animal charity for me to donate my playoff charity money to or else I will donate to the easiest one to find on Google.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Upped it to $50 because $41.50 seems dumb. Thanks go out to Willie for not making it more I guess!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

1/2

2/2

I actually went off the reservation (!!) with my pick for the animal charity because I kind of felt like donating to a lesser known thing. Hope it pays off in the end I guess, I dunno.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 27, 2015

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I do this happily

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

And I renew my pledge for 30 to a human charity and 30 to a pet/animal charity (yeah i went up 10bux whatever) in the city of the team that loses the round 2 matchup between Habs/???

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Pledge fulfilled!

I'll get on top of collating all the stuff that has happened tonight sometime tomorrow and also I gotta figure out a pledge for the next round.

Very proud of this thread!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

colonel_korn posted:

Regardless of the outcome of the playoffs, I will donate $50 to BC Children's Hospital: http://www.bcchf.ca/donate/
For every series the Vancouver Canucks win, I will donate an additional $50. So, up to a maximum of $250 if the Canucks win the Stanley Cup.
Additionally, for every series the Canucks win, I will donate $50 to a charity suggested by an SAS fan of the losing team. ($200 maximum). If any Flames posters want to suggest one for the current series, feel free.

In addition to me, you've let this adorable child down, Canucks.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Like I promised.

Hopefully I can do this again for round 2, but money's getting a little tight atm.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

colonel_korn posted:

In addition to me, you've let this adorable child down, Canucks.

This baby looks vaguely like Derek Dorsett.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I can't find my confirmation email (perhaps mis-typed the address?) but I just donated $50 USD / $61 CAD to the Odawa Native Friendship Centre. Go Habs Go!

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I can't find my confirmation email (perhaps mis-typed the address?) but I just donated $50 USD / $61 CAD to the Odawa Native Friendship Centre. Go Habs Go!

Same, but 30CAD$. I know I pledged to Dans la Rue for a Habs win, but it makes more sense to me/seems less chauvinistic if it goes to the losing team, for some reason.

Jam Band Death Cult fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 27, 2015

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Finally got the email, here it is:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I'm getting errors with my card details, will try and figure it out tomorrow

edit: For some reason that I can't figure out, my card details keep getting declined trying to donate to the Calgary Humane Society, so I've donated to Animal Rescue Foundation instead.

aejix fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 29, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

aejix posted:

edit: For some reason that I can't figure out, my card details keep getting declined trying to donate to the Calgary Humane Society, so I've donated to Animal Rescue Foundation instead.

:stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aejix posted:

you are a Good Person

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
So does anyone have a suggestion other than the Lightning Foundation for Tampa area charities?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

evenworse username posted:

So does anyone have a suggestion other than the Lightning Foundation for Tampa area charities?

Fischer and Peverley's heart attacks feel like pretty recent memories; maybe Cardiostart?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

flakeloaf posted:

Fischer and Peverley's heart attacks feel like pretty recent memories; maybe Cardiostart?

Ok, sold. For this round I will follow the Martytoof pattern and do $50 to Cardiostart if the Canadiens win the series, and $50 to Dans la Rue (again) if the Lightning win.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Well, the gay agenda strikes another blow to traditional values. Datsyuk scored a healthy trio of goals but, alas, not enough to make it through to the second round. My math skills tells me that 3 goals at $5 a piece comes to a grand total of $15. However, Datsyuk hit the super secret multiplier during gameplay and all totals were doubled!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

And SA isn't taking my credit card, so I can't even presently hand out snarky avatars. Will try to work that one out.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm out of town without my laptop, but I will match you the second I get home, Stickarts.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JoelJoel posted:

Dope thread. I'll pledge $20 for every series the sens win (min $20) to an Ottawa charity or MSF if I don't find one I'm particularly fond of (open to suggestions).

Well, I really though the Sens had a better chance. And $20 is kind of a small sum.

Anyway, gently caress the habs.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Recommend me some good Chicago based charities

**Double down if reverse sweep occurs, will donate $100 to MN Wild foundation

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I donated to Northwestern.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yo I just remembered I committed 50$ if Ottawa lost. Someone from Montreal want to pick a good local charity that goes to help people in need?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Yo I just remembered I committed 50$ if Ottawa lost. Someone from Montreal want to pick a good local charity that goes to help people in need?

Dans La Rue is a popular one for HAS.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I will donate 100$ to the charity of a Caps fans' choice if the Rangers win tonight.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm going to defer my charity thing to payday next week if that's OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

LmaoTheKid posted:

I will donate 100$ to the charity of a Caps fans' choice if the Rangers win tonight.

I'll be donating to http://www.childrensinn.org tomorrow and will post the screen cap tomorrow.

• Locked thread