Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Haha, holy shitballs, that's an OP. Good stuff, Soul.

That big picture is breaking the barriers for me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

Good OP but you forgot to mention the Temple I think.

Don't use the fortification blessing early on, because it usually stops you from getting a peace treaty, but people still get your loot.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Cut through my cold butter, baby

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Kicked a couple people.

Jon and Thunderlarks, if you want back in, reapply and I'm sorry. Otherwise, we have 2 slots in GP.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

I think those walls look easy to penetrate. Damnit.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Game really needs to fix that "You may be under attack for the last hour" bulllshit.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

This design owns so far. Worked in Classical and works in Medieval. The two ballistas near each other really seem to gently caress up everyone's horse attacks. Working on getting my Castle going tomorrow. Think I will put it bottom right.

Also, the town center being outside really makes the fortification blessing better. You get a treaty AND lose no loot.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

GP has some spots open. If I kicked you and you're active, my bad. Kicked anyone with a 0/0 ratio.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

neogeo0823 posted:

from what I've seen, you shouldn't be kicked out for not donating troops. If your ratio was 0/0, you might've gotten kicked because you weren't asking for troops and/or not participating in wars. Not doing one or the other is acceptable to a point, but you should always at least be asking for troops. Everyone is happy to give level 5 archers to newbies with level 1 troops, which just lets those troops wreck poo poo at that level.

I only use ratio because I have no other way of knowing people are active in the clan. If you're 0/30000, at least I know you're active.

So just request troops once in awhile, people. Sorry for kicking anyone who is active.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Just needed a little food.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Anybody who is 0/0 ratio tomorrow morning PST, I'm gonna let you go from GP. Even if you just request once, you can stay. Give zero fucks about donating. I need you to request to know you are active.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

gromdul posted:

I uninstalled. Feel free to boot me. IGN is the same .

You were one of the OG's! Why?!

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

drat, connection issues hittin me.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Gunpowder unranked is fuckin nasty.

So many big sexy bases. Enlightened people hide there, too. Just suicided my army for 200k gold.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

When you research the 10% increase in troop damage does that increase apply when you donate that troop?

I believe so.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

HOLY gently caress, BOYS

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Orgytron posted:

That's a good haul, but one of the great things about this game is that i can steamroll four 60k bases in like 10 minutes if I don't suffer losses.

(At the moment, the key to not suffering losses is to take advantage of the horribly unbalanced Cataphract/Knight/Lancer)

I still had 6 elite royal companions. Those losses didn't halt my farming. 3 of those fuckers eat up any base below gunpowder.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Sent a join request for Goon Privilege, name is Lazyboy

I'll accept as soon as I'm done being scouted. So tomorrow or Monday.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

In CoC defending/town layout didn't really matter until TH6. When is that point in this game?

Late medieval to Gunpowder and beyond. I defend a fuckton in gunpowder.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

Do one-time defensive blessings get used up even if the attacker is just dropping medals? Cause if so that sucks.

Also is anyone else noticing the reported loot lossed in an attack differs from what the replay says?

I don't know EXACTLY what gets rid of them, but no.

Yes, I've watched a replay and been like hold the gently caress up, he stole way more than 2k....

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Holy gently caress, customer service hooked me up!

I hosed up and spent 270 crowns to deposit 300k food accidentally, due to the fact that their UI is hosed up for vaults.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Built a new base. Doing pretty well so far.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Malgrin posted:

That looks quite a bit like my base. THIEF!
Actually, I take that back, I think I've stolen pretty much all your bases, and it's maybe had an impact on my base designing....

Haha, just looked at yours and there are definite similarities. I keep my bases looking most like this. I've tried centering Angkor and Acrop, and no way is that going to be effective. I like my style of base design.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I tried centering Angkor and leaving Acrop out, but either one of them takes up so much space inside your base that you lose the ability to segregate your mills/marketplaces. You end up with a base where a wall sapper and 20 goblins can take everything, and it sucks.
Also, how are your walls that level? I'm pretty sure cheating is the only possible answer.

A LOT of farming. Horse gobs loving everyone's day up.

I make max ham and gold in a few hours usually.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

100 oil per day is absolute poo poo, by the way. Not worth a drat thing. My oil wells get me 200 a pop (25/hour) and it's easy to pick off refineries with 3k in them with a couple horse gobs.

Colloseum is great when paired with Angkor Wat and Acropolis.

However, my Gatling gun Unit can eat up an entire crop of units in one burst, so as the ages move along, your colloseum becomes much less useful.

Notre Dame will never lose its effectiveness, until you have run out of blacksmith and library upgrades.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I had a feeling this was the case. Editing above.

Word.

Also, I'm thinking Kremlin will be pretty drat legit. That extra wall strength is huge. Walls in this game are insanely necessary. I am about 50/50 level 7 and 8 walls, and they pretty much make me unattackable. The Kremlin makes you that much more of an unattractive target. However, I'm going to hold off until I see how effective air troops are.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, my Industrial section is highly speculative. I think Air is going to be pretty good though. I think just Archer towers and Air Defense can hit them.

Good point about the walls. But, if air is really good, walls are pointless, so, I'm really not sure.

I watched some videos of air units, and they didn't go down very easy, but they seemed super weak. I'd imagine they will take up a lot of space and take a long time to retrain, like cannons. At industrial, horse tanks become literal tanks, and Greek tanks will have 16k hp and high DPS. That is going to be what people use for sure, and air attacks will be less common.

Total speculation, but I have a pretty good feeling it'll work out like that.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

I am done with this game. Couldn't get into it. Feel free to kick discworld.

If new updates make it more enjoyable or you want to try again, you're welcome back anytime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Mal ain't lyin about caravans and farms. Super worthless.

• Locked thread