Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Jaysus posted:

Don't use the fortification blessing early on, because it usually stops you from getting a peace treaty, but people still get your loot.

That's clever. :0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Congrats on the upcoming baby! My partner is also pregnant. Together, we can be poopgame dads.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Japanese town hall shut me down enough times to understand wanting them too.

VVV oh drat about that forbidden palace. Do we know if Acropolis stacks with Colloseum? VVV

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 19, 2015

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

gromdul posted:

I saw one garrison completely walled in with no gates, but the base wasn't worth attacking. I guess the defenders would be trapped in the walls?

I love the idea of your companions attacking the walled-in garrison last and releasing like 30 soldiers.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Soulex posted:

I think each garrison has a max troop limit it can have out so it can't do the UO slime trick thing.

Well poo poo.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Look at this rushed-rear end base:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

DailyDumSum posted:

Ah, I got kicked, but i wasn't donating because my troops were low level. Can you accept again? My in game name is Hulk

You can always donate those troops to me. I'll sacrifice them for good reasons.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Jaysus posted:

Just needed a little food.

That's a lotta ham.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

IRSmurf posted:

Dropping from Silver to no trophy was a good decision. I never lose more than 3 or 4 cheap troops. I spend no crowns on troops and get 30k+ combined from every haul.

It's the truth! I spent like 9 archers to get 100k in resources the other day.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

410k gold is like nothing. 45 minutes of light raiding in my experience with companions and horse goblins.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Just got a big update that let's you change nations/wonders. Also increased multiplayer loot and fixed bugs and added new spell called "betrayal" that coverts enemy troops to your own. Folks are gonna wreck my Colosseum base with it.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Coolspaz posted:

All my GTC buddies are in goon privilege. I'm rundown in game. Would love to join them

I'll see if we can boot some schlub for you.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

gromdul posted:

I uninstalled. Feel free to boot me. IGN is the same .

:.(

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Roshambo posted:

Rival Kingdoms has my attention for now. Between Clash, Plunder Pirates, and Boom Beach there are so many base timer games Dominations just feels like the weakest. Might be better than Star Wars and the 40k one though.

Def better than star wars. Don't understand why people like boom beach though. This game is my fave :shrug:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

noice

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Geoff Zahn posted:

Old quest man shows up right at the start of the game. Timed quests, however, must be Medieval age and later as I'm in Classical right now and haven't encountered any yet.

Naw, quest man shows up in classical. "Win five multiplayer battles" is the easiest.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

JESUS JAYSUS

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Malgrin posted:

This game has a serious economic problem. I'll start with the farms and caravans. A level 6 farm produces 777/hr in my village, I've done the library upgrade but that's about it to improve that. A caravan of the same level and with the same improvements produces the exact same amount. Upgrading to level 7 costs 70,000, and takes 16 hours. 16*777 +70,000= 82,432, the total cost to upgrade a farm. The additional upgrade adds 130/hr, which which translates to 26 days to pay for the upgrade. I'm going to assume at the start here that we are upgrading both farms and caravans equally. There is certainly an argument that you need more gold than food, so building caravans is better worth it, and that's a fair argument.
A level 9 produces 1228/hr. To upgrade to level 10, that costs 240,000, and takes 2 days, so that's a total cost of 300,000. The upgrade adds 200/hr, which makes for 62 days of production. As level 9 is the highest I've built, I can't say for sure what it is beyond that, but given the curve, I can only assume they get more expensive and pay off even less as you go up. Additionally, these can be raided for 50% of stored, so it'll actually take significantly longer to get your payoff. So, very long run, these are still worth upgrading, but you don't see any additional gold production until after 2 months for just one level's upgrade, slightly ridiculous.
Obviously, this shouldn't be your primary source of production. This should be raiding, and is where the game's economy really starts getting hosed up. First, it's really cool that you get to keep your army, and a big part of why I have kept playing this game. This means more active raiding time, and less waiting around, as compared to CoC. However, at TH7-TH8, I'm finding the upgrade costs for CoC are fairly similar to this game's Gunpowder age, which is something like the 5th or 6th age. I've found so far that a good offense can beat pretty much any defense, especially with the use of tactics. Unfortunately, tactics take 35-40 minutes per, and you can only build one at a time, so if you are counting on tactics, you can only do a few in a row before you have to take a break for a few hours. To fight a similar level base, you pretty much need to do this, but will result in short bursts of very productive farming.
As a fresh Gunpowder, I've found it's hard to fight a decent Medieval base without using Tactics (basically all my units are still medieval), so if I want continual farming, I still pretty much need to focus on classics. I tend to go for anything with a combined 70,000 or more. These two approaches require either choosing higher or lower medals, and both have their good and bad sides. Lower medals means you constantly have to be attacking with the intention of lowering your medals. Throughout the day, people will also send their units at you, also trying to lower their medals. This process is frustrating and gets really annoying.
However, getting higher medals means you have to sift through the really good bases versus the sort of decent bases, and figure out which ones are actually worth your time and at least one tactic (and miscalculating means you're back to CoC-like waiting times between farms).
By comparison, in CoC, it takes about 10-15 minutes to build a barbarian army, and with that army, I rarely find less than a combined 300k, plus some amount of DE (which is probably what this game's oil will be like). At constant farming in this game, 70k combined, that's roughly 4 attacks, so about 15 minutes (including searching for opponents), assuming you don't lose many troops (a few footmen will build while you're fighting the next battle). So, for me right now, farming in CoC, I can have about 12ish minutes of inactivity, followed by about 5 minutes of farming, to get 300k resources, or 15 minutes of active farming to get 300k resources. I know which I prefer.
Maybe I'm just bellyaching that this game takes too much time to farm, but that's what I feel like. I've noticed that both this thread, and game chat, has significantly died down since the game started, and it seems like people aren't sticking around, and probably for this reason.
Am I wrong? I dunno, maybe here pretty soon farming becomes pretty easy...but it sure doesn't feel like it.

:gowron: I'm just gonna let somebody else handle this one...

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

That Jerk Steve posted:

You have to drop one dude at least

Unless that dude is an elite companion in which case you accidentally won.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Smugworth posted:

Thanks a bunch, Dominations user "mxcheats."

i wonder what their secret is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Or get coliseum and watch all your little soldiers kill the other person.

• Locked thread