Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
This is now the automotive insanity megathread for all your car air cfreshner needs and inquiries.

POlease give reviews of your favourite and least favourite air freshners and give them a rating from 1 - 10 where 1 is mega whiffs and 10 is perfume perfection. Please detail your own chosen criteria for marking those 10 points.

I will provide an example:

Brand: unknown
Scent: vanilla
Rating: 3/10 (Bad Pongz)

Criteria:

- attachment mechanism / design quality
-attachment mechanism / design utility
-Fragrance FAIL
-Sentiments FAIL
-Shape FAIL
-Texture FAIL
-Memories FAIL
-Staying Power [PASS!]
-Blood [FAIL]
-Color [FAIL]
-Price [PASS!]
-Ergonomics[FAIL]

Review:

I'm not quite sure to begin with this travesty of an air freshner. Not only is its texture thick and fuzzy (totally inappropriate for a professional's car) its shape is way too large and round, obscuring vision of both the road and my happy meal toy collection on the dash.

Its scent is awful; supposedly vanilla but really just causes travel sickness (which is coincidentally why i failed it on the 'memories' and 'sentiments' criteria).

After the initial nausea set in, a mild state of impressionability took my body, and it was merely 30 minutes before I was making blood sacrifices in my car with my own blood so i failed it for 'blood' too (i lost 7 pints). Initially the item had a solid, neutral color and i liked this but after getting soaked in blood it became unbearable to look at (remembering the awful shape and texture, please).

Ergonomics on this thing are amazing though, I can hold it squarely in the palm of my hand with my fingerfolds resting comfortably around the edge (... if only it weren't for the awful texture...) but this shape doesn't contribute to its place on the rear-view mirror. I had no trouble holding and catching this between my teeth as i played fetch with my dom. A fail though, since its shape and its ergonomics offer no useful value to my air freshener experience.

This thing just won't stop stinking and driving me to blood rituals. Staying power is a definite pass. I just want it to end.

The price passed because i didn't pay for this air freshener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I feel like hnone of you are posting in the spirit of the thread..

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

mobby_6kl posted:

Brand: unknown
Scent: cocoa
Rating: 8/10
Review: Easy to hang, and smells so good!

that is a very fine brand, do you have any more info on their range and availability?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Killstick posted:

The previous owner of my car left an open jar of hair gel in the armrest for what i assume was the entire time he owned the car. I have had the car for almost 10 months and i can still smell it when i get in. It's getting pretty faint now though... would it be weird if i called him and asked him what hairgel he uses?

do it

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Cumt posted:

call me old fashioned but I still like pine

There's nothing wrong with the classics. infact Im sure there are some big time air frnsher enthusiasts lurking this thread, waiting to read a post like urs so they can say "thank god.. i can keep my hope for humanity alive just a little logner"

• Locked thread