Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the cutiest patootie on the card?
This poll is closed.
Luke Rockhold 21 21.00%
Lyoto Machida 31 31.00%
Felice Herrig 2 2.00%
Paige VanZant 31 31.00%
Jim Miller :3: 15 15.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Rough finish, it's a huge cut but I could see letting it go.

IIRC they're supposed to stop the fight when there's bleeding and the cut man can't get it under control during the break. It's kind of a dumb technicality because you see plenty of fights the cut man does his thing and stops the bleeding, then five seconds after the fighter answers the bell he catches a jab on the cut and he's bleeding everywhere.

Alternatively they were just worried he'd get caught there again and the top half of his ear would fall off, which nobody wants to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Did Joe just say that a fighter has "only" been training for 10 years and "only" a pro for 8?

yes he did, and yes it was ridiculous

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Just stand in front of him and let him take your leg whatever. How is Mizugaki ranked #6 in BW?

bunch of decision wins in a row, though mostly against guys who were not particularly great

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Up until he died, Anderson was moving pretty well for somebody who had been kicked in the leg that hard that many times for three rounds

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
giving up position for that guillotine looks like a decisive error now

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Northjayhawk posted:

I think this is probably 19-19

I don't know if that sub attempt was enough to clinch R1 for Miller. It was good, tho

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Miller absolutely lost round 1

I have R1 for Dariush because of time on top and landing the better strikes standing, the clinch knees

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
30-27 Dariush, maybe worse if you're a rogue judge who wants to give a 10-8 to Dariush since Miller spent half the fight evading the rnc

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Huh, 29-28 all three. I guess the judges really liked that triangle attempt in R1

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

manyak posted:

this is relatively cool so far

i concur

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Cub is having a lot of trouble with Holloway's length

e: lol I posted this five seconds ahead of goldberg mentioning it

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I'm rooting for Swanson but R1 to Holloway, easily
cub has some ground to make up

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Holloways movement in this fight is amazing.

Yeah he's cutting a lot of good angles

Cub is controlling the center but he needs to cut the cage, if he can get Holloway in one place he might be able to hurt him

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

fatherdog posted:

Cub was able to keep the first round close by forcing some brawls on the inside but in this round he's just completely not solving the range. Holloway's footwork is just too good at keeping the distance

Cub is getting more frustrated and lost as the fight goes on, he seems to have no idea what to do

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Performance of the year candidate. Swanson's good but he just got beat pillar to post, total domination

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

JuanGoat posted:

I still wouldn't bet on him against Frankie, but he certainly looks ready to be thrown to the tigers of the division.

Frankie and Mendes both bring wrestling that totally changes the complexion of a fight. Holloway looked like a killer in that fight but I think either of those guys could make him look like he didn't belong in the octagon.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Screama posted:

I already feel bad for Camozzi :(

I'm guessing he took this fight in the hopes he would lose to Jacare, then win the second UFC fight he will get as a courtesy for taking this, and then win some more UFC fights for real money and exposure.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
What is it even like when that happens? How does it affect you as a person, as a fighter, to fight somebody twice who can destroy you completely with minimal effort? I can't imagine it.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

in a few days Carmozzi is gonna be happy to be fighting in UFC again and not whatever he was doing.

This is actually an exact thing I posted higher in the thread, that he giving up an obvious loss to get more UFC fights for legit money. I was thinking of it in a more emotional and less cynical sense, as in: what is it like to recognize that you will never make it? Camozzi peaked and he knows it.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
holy poo poo
when has machida ever taken damage like this?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Machida looks hosed

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I expected that maybe this fight would turn on who won on the feet but it Rockhold won this thanks to gnp

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
That was basically the best win anybody has ever had on Machida. Even Jon Jones struggled with Machida for a round. Strikeforce never die, Rockhold is some real poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I feel like Rockhold has exactly the wrong style to be able to do anything at all to Weidman but whatever, the fight will still be a fun watch. Machida already lost decisively to Weidman anyway.

• Locked thread