Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3168ny

"Drop me off around the corner, I'll meet up with her." Ivanna fishes around for her ski mask, which is just a troll sized oven mitt with eye holes and checks her sack of burglar and bang bang gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
r00t3r

With a high-speed stream of AR windows flashing by his vision and his brain kicking in full gear to get as much info as possible, r00t3r hardly notices the girl get in the van. "Yeah, just tap--" is about all he manages before she limps out. The autodrive wasn't about to burn rubber anyway. He left that control alone for now.

Tracing datastreams back to the apartment, he looked for any devices in the area.

Spending Edge to Push the Limit 6/7 Edge remaining
Matrix Perception 12 dice (8 base - 3 noise + 7 for Push the Limit)
Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 2
Matrix Perception (EXPLOSION!): 1d6t5 1
3 hits total.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Jawdins posted:

r00t3r

With a high-speed stream of AR windows flashing by his vision and his brain kicking in full gear to get as much info as possible, r00t3r hardly notices the girl get in the van. "Yeah, just tap--" is about all he manages before she limps out. The autodrive wasn't about to burn rubber anyway. He left that control alone for now.

Tracing datastreams back to the apartment, he looked for any devices in the area.

Spending Edge to Push the Limit 6/7 Edge remaining
Matrix Perception 12 dice (8 base - 3 noise + 7 for Push the Limit)
Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 2
Matrix Perception (EXPLOSION!): 1d6t5 1
3 hits total.

The apartment building immediately lights up with different icons, of different shapes and sizes and varying degrees of intensity. It's almost impossible to tell them apart (well, almost impossible, since you can see, for some reason, a cymbal monkey among the different commlinks and other stuff, but that's on the first floor instead of the third, so it should be nothing to worry about). You're able to filter out the icons to those on the third floor to some effect - some of the second floor's are bleeding through to your search - but you can make out at least ten icons in the room where Leonard should be, at least three being commlinks.

The Rest Of You
St. Louis at night zooms by you, forming a swirl of dull grays and browns that's sometimes illuminated by a brief splash of white or yellow. The ride is peaceful, with almost no traffic, and you eventually arrive at your destination - a dead-looking apartment building, with a streetlight somewhat shining on it, but the real only light is coming from the two or three lighted windows. There's nobody on the street that you can see, "that you can see" being the key point here - there really aren't any lights for the ground around the building, except for a patch coming from the streetlight to your right that still isn't lighting up the area close to to the apartments.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 10, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3168ny

"Isn't the worst shithole I've ever seen, but I wouldn't want to live there." Ivanna checks her gear one more time. "Okay Irish, lets get in there and do this thing. Computer guy, you got access to this place yet?" She steps out and looks around for a back entryway or fire exit to enter through.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 10, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Dixon "Octane" Jennings
Starting Nuyen: 4d6*100 1200 Didn't roll this yet, puts me at 1350 with that poo poo roll.
Edge: 3/3, Karma: 1, Nuyen: 1350

Dixon didn't even bother casing the joint like a human after he dropped the Russian off. Within seconds of arriving, he pulled around to the next parking lot over, sure to get eyes on the apartment they were going to hit and careful to point the vehicle back toward the exit. Then he dispatched his FlySpys. As one buzzed up to the apartment window, the other started circling the building and then looking for a way into the stairwells. He sat in the driver's seat, flipping through their microphones, cameras, and MAD scanners, his car's motion sensor and microphone, and his own thermographic vision. His Area Jammer was in his left hand, and his right hand was on the handle of the sawn-off shotgun wedged next to the driver's seat. He glanced over at the pixie for a moment, "Not drivin' any closer, Pix. Here's as good as any for you to get out."

Sneaking + Intuition to put the car somewhere unnoticable but accessible to the team coming out hot (Edged): 10d6h5 7
Elec Warfare as Perception: 9d6t5 3 - This is for perceiving through the sensor arrays in my devices. Let's hear about that 'ware!
Visual Perception (+ Thermo): 8d6t5 1 - Lots of 4s!

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 10, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Casing

Ronwayne posted:

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3168ny

"Isn't the worst shithole I've ever seen, but I wouldn't want to live there." Ivanna checks her gear one more time. "Okay Irish, lets get in there and do this thing. Computer guy, you got access to this place yet?" She steps out and looks around for a back entryway or fire exit to enter through.

There's no fire escape of any sort, which seems like a bad thing for both you and whoever lives in this dump, but the backside of the building does have multiple windows on both ground level and the area between floors. You briefly wonder if the people living in here would be able to break the windows if there's a fire.

Link to the first floor map so you can refer to the windows - the ones on the stairwell are the ones in between floors

QuantumNinja posted:

Dixon "Octane" Jennings
Starting Nuyen: 4d6*100 1200 Didn't roll this yet, puts me at 1350 with that poo poo roll.

Dixon didn't even bother casing the joint like a human after he dropped the Russian off. Within seconds of arriving, he pulled around to the next parking lot over, sure to get eyes on the apartment they were going to hit and careful to point the vehicle back toward the exit. Then he dispatched his FlySpys. As one buzzed up to the apartment window, the other started circling the building and then looking for a way into the stairwells. He sat in the driver's seat, flipping through their microphones, cameras, and MAD scanners, his car's motion sensor and microphone, and his own thermographic vision. His Area Jammer was in his left hand, and his right hand was on the handle of the sawn-off shotgun wedged next to the driver's seat. He glanced over at the pixie for a moment, "Not drivin' any closer, Pix. Here's as good as any for you to get out."
(Should there be a Pilot Aircraft/Autosoft roll here? Unless there's a rule I'm missing. However, I am very tired, so unless you put one in later I'll wave this time.)

You're able to see around three people people through your FlySpy on the apartment window - however, the window's pretty drat dirty, and you can't see who exactly they are, what kind of heat they're packing - all you're able to see is that one of them is near the back of the room, pacing around, with the other two playing some sort of AR game with controllers.

You can find three ways into the stairwell through your other FlySpy - through the two front entrances, which would cause the least noise but would open you up to suspicion, or the two windows on either stairwell - they're up a bit, and they're big enough to let one person in at a time, but they'd cause a bit of noise unless you're really fraggin' careful.

QuantumNinja posted:

Sneaking + Intuition to put the car somewhere unnoticable but accessible to the team coming out hot (Edged): 10d6h5 7

There's a much nicer, probably somewhat more expensive apartment building with an empty parking lot the next building over. You easily find a small spot not illuminated by any light - of course, with your myriad assortment of radars and extra eyes, that shouldn't be a problem.

[quote="QuantumNinja" post="445146085"]Elec Warfare as Perception: 9d6t5 3 - This is for perceiving through the sensor arrays in my devices. Let's hear about that 'ware!
(This is a motion scan, right? I'm treating it as one, in any case since you don't have any cyberware scanners on your Mustang. Of course, I'm also writing this post at around 3 in the morning (Central), so if I missed something or I'm reading something wrong let me know and I'll change this section as soon as I can

There's no...wait, two signals coming from your left. They don't seem to be moving, just standing close to each other. Then, the one farthest from you leaves, walking away from the Mustang. The one closest to you stays in his location for a while

So very close!

The thing you saw on your motion scanner appears to be a...blob, vaguely in between the height of a human and the height of a troll, a little bit bigger than average. poo poo.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Siobhán "Goronagee" Duffin

Goronagee parks her own bike in the first parking lot, and straps on all her gear, pulling on her mask and pitting on her gecko gloves.

"Always ready to go miss no-blink."

[ Driver, you've got yer eyes out yet? What're the entrances? How's the roof looking? Decker, you got a hand on those alarms yet? ]

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Kumaton posted:

(Should there be a Pilot Aircraft/Autosoft roll here? Unless there's a rule I'm missing. However, I am very tired, so unless you put one in later I'll wave this time.)

I don't think so, unless I need to do it in order to be sneaky. SR5 Core says (p. 199):

SR5 Core, p. 199 posted:

When a character is piloting a vehicle in non-combat, or everyday situations, no test is required (unless the character is Incompetent, and then hilarity ensues).

I rolled Sneaking + Intuition to try to figure out how to be sneaky in my car, because that roll made sense from "I am going to sneak" + "I am driving a car". If you'd like me to roll anything else for Stealth instead, I happily will. So unless you want me to roll for the FlySpys going undetected, I think it should be fine. And they, you know, look like Yellow Jackets.

Kumaton posted:

(This is a motion scan, right? I'm treating it as one, in any case since you don't have any cyberware scanners on your Mustang. Of course, I'm also writing this post at around 3 in the morning (Central), so if I missed something or I'm reading something wrong let me know and I'll change this section as soon as I can

Whoops, I misread the book when I was picking out sensors for my FlySpys. For some reason I thought an MAD scanner was actually a Cyberware Scanner, but I guess it's too late to change it now. Looks like I'm in the market for more FlySpys with this next paycheck! Also, a Lockheed Optic-X2 for advanced recon!

The FlySpys each have an Omni-directional Mic, a Camera, and an MAD sensor (Range 5m), which detect weapons and concentrations of metal. The Mustang has a Motion Sensor (Range 25m) and an Omni-directional Microphone. The microphones and cameras are not explicitly range-limited.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 10, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Dixon "Octane" Jennings

Dixon curses as he tried to pick out the heat signature with his thermal vision and fails to match anything to the poo poo on his motion detector.
<<Yeah, gimmie a second, Micky. Working the angles with some drones right now, but I might be about to be carjacked by some street punks or some poo poo. And I mean I was careful as gently caress pulling in here unnoticed, so this might need to go faster than slower.>>

Dixon also AR tags everyone his FlySpys have seen, including on foot outside, in the apartment, everywhere, and the entrances, all with nice labels and everything. Then he sends the circling one toward the roof for a bird's-eye view.

Team, it's time for REAL TALK: if there are seriously a bunch of heavily-armed goons in the middle of the street, we should maybe abort and just post up and try to hit the package when it gets moves. A firefight is not going to go pretty unless Cirno has enough grenades to start a structure fire. My Mustang isn't armed, and I think we have a single assault rifle between all of us. Well, let's see: the decker and Dixon have shotguns, Irish has a Raiden, Russia has an Ingram, the grad student has a taser, and the pixie is... unarmed? Yeah, not liking our odds against a set of MURDERORCS. So I guess, uh, if this goes loud, gently caress the briefcase and run to the car.

Did my circling flyspy catch these guys in line of sight? If, for some reason, it did not:
Dixon queues up one of the remaining FlySpys to get out there and get a visual, conducting it with manual control. He's careful with this one, skirting the shrubs and making it seem like a real bee as it pulls a visual from distance on the maybe-troll.
I'm sorta hesitant about Pilot + Reaction being the correct roll here, but the rigging rules are vague. (I'd probably call for something else, but it's your game so tell me what you want if it's not this.) Here is a pilot attempt to I guess try to make the flyspy checking out the guard seem like a normal bee about 20 meters away, percepting the dude through its camera + mic.
9REA + 1Pilot Aircraft + 2HotSim + 1Vehicle Empathy
FlySpy Flight: 13d6t5 4
FlySpy Sight: 9d6t5 4 Does it see more?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 10, 2015

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Is Princess on the scene Astrally yet? I kind of assume so but not sure.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Trix

She breathes deeply, unbuckles herself, and hovers out of the crar, flapping hard a few times once she's free of the door. Another deep breath and Trix vanishes, with only a shimmer to show where she is, and that only if the observer looks carefully. She swoops up, out of the direct line of sight of any goons around, inside the building or out, and takes up a position six inches below that dirty window, right next to the wall.

Now I guess I find out how good all that training was.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Casing

QuantumNinja posted:

I don't think so, unless I need to do it in order to be sneaky. SR5 Core says (p. 199):

(Alright, thanks for clearing that up.)

QuantumNinja posted:

Dixon "Octane" Jennings

Dixon curses as he tried to pick out the heat signature with his thermal vision and fails to match anything to the poo poo on his motion detector.
<<Yeah, gimmie a second, Micky. Working the angles with some drones right now, but I might be about to be carjacked by some street punks or some poo poo. And I mean I was careful as gently caress pulling in here unnoticed, so this might need to go faster than slower.>>

Dixon also AR tags everyone his FlySpys have seen, including on foot outside, in the apartment, everywhere, and the entrances, all with nice labels and everything. Then he sends the circling one toward the roof for a bird's-eye view.

Did my circling flyspy catch these guys in line of sight? If, for some reason, it did not:

Your FlySpy did see the thing you picked up on motion sensor-it looks like a human or an elf, leaning against the building, smoking some cigarette. After it's finished, around a minute later, he walks off in the same direction of the other thing you picked up.

thatbastardken posted:

Is Princess on the scene Astrally yet? I kind of assume so but not sure.

You astrally locate the apartment building, and then the apartment inside it. The room is mostly just dead grey, but there's three shining silhouettes that stand out. Two of them are hunched over by the window - the one on the right is feeling competitive, the left one is relaxed. Behind t them is a pacing, bored shadow. They're all roughly human-sized.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3600ny

She points at the end of the building. "Stairwell window, can remove that if you give me a boost. Shouldn't take longer than a minute."

Going to try to remove that window on the far left without tripping any burglar alarm.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 12, 2015

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Carly 'Princess' Luzir
Edge 3/3

"Alright, those must be the targets. Let's take a closer look."

Focusing on the three signatures, Princess scans them to see if any are Awakened, or cybernetically enhanced.

Assesensing: 9d6t5 3

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

The elf nods, hunches down a bit, puts her hands together to catch Ivanna's boot, and gives her a boostie.

"After this we're going shopping for some gear. Some proper gloves for you I'm thinkin'."

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
r00t3r

R00t3r switches into hot sim and goes limp. He reaches out from the restaurant parking lot, trying to touch the commlinks.

[i]If I can tell which one's Leonard's I'll target that one

Matrix Perception (actually hack on the fly): 13d6t5 5

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Dixon "Octane" Jennings

Watching the sensors, Dixon comes back on the comms.
<<Okay, looks like I'm in the clear, but there are definitely two hitters out here watching the perimeter. I marked their last-knowns on AR, along with everyone else I've managed to spot and the entrances. I'm streaming visual of the roof now, too. If you're doing this, do it quiet or do it quick.>>

Dixon was cursing the border crossing into the UCAS: if he had brought his old setup from Kentucky, there would be enough cameras in the sky that he could 3D map the loving place, and enough guns in the sky to clean up any problems they might have.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Casing

Ronwayne posted:

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3600ny

She points at the end of the building. "Stairwell window, can remove that if you give me a boost. Shouldn't take longer than a minute."

Going to try to remove that window on the far left without tripping any burglar alarm.

The window manages to come out without much trouble, and, more importantly, no alarm. There doesn't seem to be anyone else inside - the other side is dimly lit by fluorescent, but it's too dark to see beyond the stairs.

thatbastardken posted:

Carly 'Princess' Luzir
Edge 3/3

"Alright, those must be the targets. Let's take a closer look."

Focusing on the three signatures, Princess scans them to see if any are Awakened, or cybernetically enhanced.

Assesensing: 9d6t5 3

None of the figures have any cyberware of any kind, and because of that they all have around the same essence as you (6). They're all healthy, the one pacing is maybe a little bit too fat. None of them are awakened.

Jawdins posted:

r00t3r

R00t3r switches into hot sim and goes limp. He reaches out from the restaurant parking lot, trying to touch the commlinks.

[i]If I can tell which one's Leonard's I'll target that one

Matrix Perception (actually hack on the fly): 13d6t5 5

You're able to discern 7 different icons in the Apartment:

* 2 Meta Links, Device Rating 1
    * 1 Sony Emporer, Device Rating 2
    * Some bargain LG fridge, DR 2
    * Keurig All-In-One Beverage system, DR 3
    * Sony AR gaming system, DR 4
    * Gateway Desktop Computer, totally last generation, DR 3

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3600ny

Ivanna moves the pane aside and climbs in, giving a hand to the elf. "Okay Irish, you're taking the lead since you aren't nightblind." Once inside she gets her gear in order and moves to the hallway, waiting for the all clear before getting ready to breach.

Moving through apartment to door, waiting for everyone to give the go ahead then kicking it and etc. Tell me what rolls I need to make.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Carly 'Princess' Luzir
Edge 3/3

"Alright, I should report this to someone. Um..."

Stepping back out through the wall, Princess looks for a familiar astral signature. Ivana and Goranagee are out here by the stairwell window, so Princess carefully manifests next to them.

She clears her throat quietly to let them know she's there, and whispers:

"Hey, three inside, no implants, no magic, one bored, one relaxed, one...competitive? Um...can't confirm if it's our guys beyond that. Oh, one of them is fat."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3600ny

"...that is very specific. Thanks? If we get the right apartment and it isn't our people that's the Johnson's fault. Lets get this done with."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Siobhán takes point, but first says something very complicated in either Gaelic, Sperethiel, or, hell, maybe even Welsh, for all you can tell, thankfully followed by (mostly) proper English.

"Don't matter if the Johnson's wrong. We got our job. Bad intel's part of the biz. Little sídhe, that means it's your turn, if you're still here where I can't see; make sure it's the right place before we get proper antisocial."

[ Decker, what can you pick up in their room? Any guns? We may've been given the wrong address. ]

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Trix

Trix flutters up slowly and starts prying the window open, widening the gap gradually to minimize the stress on possibly-rusty mechanical parts. It doesn't go up all the way, since she only needs a few inches to crawl through, and the larger the opening, the greater the risk that one of those fellas would notice and freak out. Once Trix is in, she leaves the window as it is, since she may need a quick escape route. It's a calculated risk, since she's somewhat more likely to need that same escape route with the possibility of its discovery, but that's how shadowrunning works. Dark corners behind obstacles are the order of the hour, so she can observe where the briefcase might be without running much risk of being in anyone's line of sight.

20d6t5=5 to sneak in

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Not much for Dixon to do; just waiting for this to go down!

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
r00t3r

R00t3r's avatar flickers above the wireframe representation of the apartment building as he pulls up details on the devices in the target's apartment. Datastreams shoot out of him as he broadcasts a message to the team:

No guns, or they're running silent. Looks like they're playing video games in there. They have a computer. I hope it has a webcam. I'll take a closer look.

Matrix Perception: 5d6t5 1 hit
Checking out the desktop to see if it has a webcam.

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 20, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
The Apartment Building

Ronwayne posted:

Ivanna
7/7 edge| 3600ny

Ivanna moves the pane aside and climbs in, giving a hand to the elf. "Okay Irish, you're taking the lead since you aren't nightblind." Once inside she gets her gear in order and moves to the hallway, waiting for the all clear before getting ready to breach.

Moving through apartment to door, waiting for everyone to give the go ahead then kicking it and etc. Tell me what rolls I need to make.

Stealth to go to the door, then it's up to you on how you want to open the door. Lockpicking is obvious, but bursting it open with Unarmed or shooting it open could be fun!

CaptainCarrot posted:

Trix

Trix flutters up slowly and starts prying the window open, widening the gap gradually to minimize the stress on possibly-rusty mechanical parts. It doesn't go up all the way, since she only needs a few inches to crawl through, and the larger the opening, the greater the risk that one of those fellas would notice and freak out. Once Trix is in, she leaves the window as it is, since she may need a quick escape route. It's a calculated risk, since she's somewhat more likely to need that same escape route with the possibility of its discovery, but that's how shadowrunning works. Dark corners behind obstacles are the order of the hour, so she can observe where the briefcase might be without running much risk of being in anyone's line of sight.

20d6t5=5 to sneak in

You're able to flirt through the small crack and float down to a patch of shadow on the floor, behind a cabinet. It's a tight fit, but you should be able to manage it as long as your back is facing the wall. As you slip down, you're able to catch the latter end of a conversation between whoever's in here.
"...and you're just sitting here, playin' loving games?"
"Chill, man, nothing happened last night, nothing's gonna happen tonight."
"Yeah, if nothin's gonna happen tonight, then why did you want Hudson to bring over his guns? Why'd ya want me to put them on silent? Why'd ya want me to put my deck on silent? gently caress it, man, I told you this mob poo poo wasn't gonna be good! We're gonna get fuckin' thrown into the Mississippi or some poo poo..."
"Wait, speaking of which, why don't we just throw that thing into the river or into some fireplace if it's just gonna make us loving paranoid?"
"Dude, that thing's gonna get us out of this drat neighborhood. Me, at least. Now you all stop talking and get back to watching me kick Hudson's rear end."
"I don't want no cement shoes, man! Or whatever they use nowadays!"
"Stop your bitching and just stop pacing or whatever you're doing back there! I want to keep this carpet goddamned pristine for the next tenement or whatever."

Jawdins posted:

r00t3r

R00t3r's avatar flickers above the wireframe representation of the apartment building as he pulls up details on the devices in the target's apartment. Datastreams shoot out of him as he broadcasts a message to the team:

No guns, or they're running silent. Looks like they're playing video games in there. They have a computer. I hope it has a webcam. I'll take a closer look.

Matrix Perception: 5d6t5 1 hit
Checking out the desktop to see if it has a webcam.

There is a webcam. Problem? It's not connected to the computer, so it's not powered. At all. Not even through a cord, something that you only see on cheap desktops like this.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 24, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I think we're waiting on Tink to confirm this is the right room.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

Ivanna ghosts up to the door, banger in her spur hand, ingram in the other, steps back and makes sure the elf is clear, and with a step forward and a spinning kick the door flies clean off its hinges. She uses the rest of her spin to hurl the grenade inside where it detonates with eye searing, ear ringing pain.

"GO GO GO"

Stealth=[6] hits
Kick door: [1] haha glitched with 11 dice, almost crit glitch
-edge reroll: [5+1=6 hits total, this is 14l -3ap damage total and I'm pretty sure this is enough to kick a door off the hingest.
Chuck flash, edged: [3] hits.
Flashbang stats: 10S –4ap 10m Radius

Dunno if I can make an intimidate roll or start shooting or what.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 24, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

The elf is right next to the heavily modified human, rifle in hands, ready to spit surprisingly silent "non-lethal" rounds at anyone still standing after the stun grenade!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Sorry for not keeping to my promise of 2-3 posts a week, outside influences kind of caught me by surprise. I should be better now, outside of some weeks that I'll be sure to notify you guys of before it happens.

The Apartment Building

Ronwayne posted:

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

Ivanna ghosts up to the door, banger in her spur hand, ingram in the other, steps back and makes sure the elf is clear, and with a step forward and a spinning kick the door flies clean off its hinges. She uses the rest of her spin to hurl the grenade inside where it detonates with eye searing, ear ringing pain.

"GO GO GO"

Stealth=[6] hits

The dark hallway is completely empty, but the important thing is that nobody hears you crouching through the building and over to the door.

Ronwayne posted:

Kick door: [1] haha glitched with 11 dice, almost crit glitch
-edge reroll: [5+1=6 hits total, this is 14l -3ap damage total and I'm pretty sure this is enough to kick a door off the hingest.

The door splinters immediately from your mighty kick, and the top half of it splinters off noisily. Beyond it, you can see a brightly-lit one-room apartment with three people in it, a human and two orks from the looks of it, who are now screaming obscenities loudly, two of them reaching for pistols in holsters and the human diving for cover behind a couch.

[quote="Ronwayne" post=""445711868"[i"]]Chuck flash, edged: [3] hits.
Flashbang stats: 10S –4ap 10m Radius[[/i][/quote]

Fight!

The flash-bang rearranges the room a little, and manages to blind everyone you see, even the dumpy human who had the right idea of looking for cover. You can see them stumble around, hands over their eyes, guns still loosely held in them. Apparently, they took the entire thing pretty bad - one of them collapses, another is leaning against the wall, only sort of holding up his gun, and the human doesn't look like he'll be getting up tonight.

Holy poo poo, I had no idea that Flashes did that much stun damage, and these guys only have one condition track. Better treat them with care until you get what you want! Also, forgot to roll initiative for the two remaining guys, hold on.

INITIATIVE:
Goronagee: 25
Mook #1/Leonard: 12
Mook #2/Hudson: 9

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 29, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

If it helps, they're less just flashbangs and more full on concussion grenades.

Goronagee barks out at whoever is still standing, rifle moving with precision from head to head.

"Get on the ground or be put under the ground! Hands on head, guns thrown away! Listen to the nice lady and your grand prize is seeing tomorrow!"

Initiative: 3d6+12 25
Intimidate: 11d6t5 4

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

ProfessorCirno posted:

If it helps, they're less just flashbangs and more full on concussion grenades.

Goronagee barks out at whoever is still standing, rifle moving with precision from head to head.

"Get on the ground or be put under the ground! Hands on head, guns thrown away! Listen to the nice lady and your grand prize is seeing tomorrow!"

Initiative: 3d6+12 25
Intimidate: 11d6t5 4

One of the orks, the one leaning against the wall, falls to the floor with his gun still in his hand, somewhat eased off of the grip. (4d6t5, 3) At least he's sort of following your commands. The other one, the one already on the ground, doesn't move, but his hand loosens off of his Ares Light Fire, and his body relaxes subtly. (4d6t5, 3). The human is still completely out of it, and probably didn't hear you bark your orders.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

"Smart choice, guys." Ivanna follows the elf in and gathers up the weapons.

init [11]

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 29, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Apartment Building

Ronwayne posted:

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

"Smart choice, guys." Ivanna follows the elf in and gathers up the weapons.

init [11]

The orks mostly give up their weapons, two Ares Light Fire 75s, and the human had a Defiance Ex-Shocker in a holster, plus a Microdeck Summit hanging loosely from his belt that could probably fetch a nice penny on the market, up to you if you want to take that.
"poo poo, man, what'd we do?" One of them slurs out, mind still numb from the grenade. "The gently caress you want with us? We didn't do nothing, man!"

Mostly waiting for Carrot or someone to look for the briefcase.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

Ivanna doesn't look a giftgoon in the mouth and takes the assembled weapons and gear. "1: Give us that briefcase, 2: Shut the gently caress up, that how you get out of here alive." Ivanna punctuates that period by popping her spur in and out. Someday soon she might do something douchey like rigt it to play a katana-draw soundfile when it does that.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Ronwayne posted:

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

Ivanna doesn't look a giftgoon in the mouth and takes the assembled weapons and gear. "1: Give us that briefcase, 2: Shut the gently caress up, that how you get out of here alive." Ivanna punctuates that period by popping her spur in and out. Someday soon she might do something douchey like rigt it to play a katana-draw soundfile when it does that.

"What fuckin' breifcase, dude? We're fuckin' innoce-"
The ork backed up against the wall sighs while staring at the cyberspur, eyes glazed over in defeat. "Shut the gently caress up, Hudson. In the kitchen, cabinet under the sink," He then buries his face in his hands, muttering to himself and breaking your second rule. "What the gently caress did I do wrong?"

Oh, god, I hope you do that. "Ivanna sighed as she ejected her cyberspur."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivanna
5/7 edge| 3600ny

"You're not as dumb as you look." Ivanna collects her payday, then grabs a bunch of random food items from the fridge, especially stuff that'll keep well. "We're done."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Carly 'Princess' Luzir
Edge 3/3

The shimmering shade of Princess follows the shooters into the room, pressing intangible hands over ears that aren't really hearing the sound of the grenade. Bodily habits die hard.

"Wow, that was quick. I was kind of expecting...I dunno, more shooting."

The blank face of the manifested mage stares at the defeated ork.

"You aren't holding anything back, are you? Sure that's the right case?

Judge Intentions: 10d6t5 1
Judge Intentions edge re-roll: 9d6t5 3

4 hits total

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Dixon "Octane" Jennings

When the team gets the briefcase, Octane kicks over the car and jumps in, bringing the FlySpys to sweep the building around that now-removed window. <<loving hurry up; I'll be out that window y'all popped.>>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

thatbastardken posted:

Carly 'Princess' Luzir
Edge 3/3

The shimmering shade of Princess follows the shooters into the room, pressing intangible hands over ears that aren't really hearing the sound of the grenade. Bodily habits die hard.

"Wow, that was quick. I was kind of expecting...I dunno, more shooting."

The blank face of the manifested mage stares at the defeated ork.

"You aren't holding anything back, are you? Sure that's the right case?

Judge Intentions: 10d6t5 1
Judge Intentions edge re-roll: 9d6t5 3

4 hits total

Opposed Judge Intentions, 4d6t5 = 0 Hits

"poo poo, think I'd lie to the motherfucking scarred chick or the Irish skull dude with the gun? That's the loving case, alright? Now just leave me the gently caress alone."

Before you're able to leave, there's a knock at the door, catching all of you off guard. Behind it comes a meek, almost silent voice.
"Hey, Leonard - it's Leonard, right? It's Chad, from the unit next to you. You there? I heard a bang and I was just wondering what's up..."

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 3, 2015

• Locked thread