Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Sega style? When and where did Sega do that.

Also happy new year and don't worry the world is still out to get me.

PSO and PSO2, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

Sega style? When and where did Sega do that.

Also happy new year and don't worry the world is still out to get me.

Phantasy Star Online definitely, some of the Sonic games too

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And NiGHTs had a stage/game that got more snowy and christmas-y the further in December that you played

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Hi guys.
1 month has come and gone and I'm about 50% done with my update.

I haven't had much time to work on it lately thanks to holidays end of the year business and my mom taking a turn for the worse.

PcSnob is also hard at work, but has had some real life distractions.

So just to be clear, this isn't dead and I for one am aiming for an update before the end of the year.

Cheers. :cheers:

Maybe I should've worn my glasses before shooting.

Well, a quick update. My mom passed away 2 weeks ago after a few days of agony thanks to cancer. I've been cleaning up and arranging things that need to be arranged.

I did start to play again last week, but found out my saves aren't quite as far as my screenshots and my attempt to replay it exactly the same using my screens as a guide went so well I somehow managed to get my primary and secondary hero killed despite my screenshots clearly showing me about to start the final push. :downs: I guess either my heart wasn't in it or using luck as the primary part of my strategy has it's limits. It's probably the former. Anyway I'll do my best. :)

On the brightside PC Snob tells me he has been working again on his update but is taking it slow so I don't fall behind too much.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That sucks man, condolences to you and your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_PC_Snob
Nov 22, 2012

Mario? Never
heard of him.
Here just to give my condolences as well. I'm sitting tight on the update until Darth is a-ok. Meanwhile, it is carnival here... but there's been a war on carnival here in Brazil similar to the war on Christmas in the US. You know, except not BS.

The story is that most of the Brazilian middle and high class have nothing against carnival per se... they just loath the idea of public spending on it. They believe carnival should be exclusively a private initiative affair. Which, fine, it is a noble goal to invest more in education. But the public investment in carnival is not really that high and... you know, some people can't afford to celebrate carnival with their personal resources. Also, some notoriously corrupt politicians are using carnival spending as a scapegoat for their own lovely finances and the reason they can't invest more in health and education... as opposed to their siphoning of public funds... I'll stop here before I get too political.

PS: I'm not even a fan of carnival, but I know how much it is important for many low income Brazilians.

• Locked thread