Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

IKEA is a great way for your college era girlfriend to realize you don't earn enough money yet to marry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

If you ever find yourself and a serious girlfriend/significant other/transgendered-poly-otherkin-life-partner-boner-mutant shopping at an IKEA together make sure you guys are real solid first and have as big a budget as possible because nothing is worse than trying to choose between the very worst couch or the least comfortable quasi-bed and then not have a shelf budget.

The look in her/xhe/chai eyes as you blow your budget on an ok bed and then fumble with the couch cushion thing with no actual couch underneath, that folds out into sort of a chair shape, big mistake. Like be ready to buy two expensive top items and then just exactly as many brightly colored curtain things as possible, even if if you're a broke college student

naem
May 29, 2011

Ghaz posted:

yeee or just go pick up cans for an hour in the park and return to get the modular shelf system of your dreams

Lol see here's what I mean:

deadwing posted:

and my couch is not a cheap ikea couch at all it is instead an 800 dollar ikea couch and it is comfy as a motherfucker

If you think you have a $1000 dollar budget for an ikea visit, plan on another $1000 or else you'll look cheap when you buy the nice couch and then a cheaper bed. Or instead of the $40 shelf there's the $300 dollar shelf system in a better color and then OOO look honey! Bumblebee curtains haha oh and these dishes! Oh and that other couple bought a rug, don't we need a rug? Oh not the $20 dollar one OOO look this ones only $429.95 on sale

naem
May 29, 2011

Dick Fagballzson posted:

It surprises me that IKEA stuff has a strong second hand market. I thought one of the big selling points was that a lot of their stuff is so cheap it's basically disposable and you won't feel bad about chucking it in the dumpster when you move.

No see they offer fun looking cheap stuff to lure you in and then you spend like $4000 somehow

• Locked thread