Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Ikea made the new billy incompatible with the old billy breaking 30+ years of backwards compatibility. gently caress you Ikea and your mystery horse meat balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

The Rage posted:

The Kallax shelving is in every room in my house. I even use them as nightstands, dressers and the entertainment centers in my bedrooms. $65 each

Kallax is the inferior version of expedit. Another product Ikea discontinued because they wanted to save a few more cents on wood pulp.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Saga posted:

And if people like the OP think IKEA's quality is bad, I double dog dare you to buy flatpack from your local warehouse store. I was given a free, unused B&Q bookshelf once. Within a couple days of putting my kid's books on it, every shelf bowed so much they were about a mm from falling off their dowels. I had to break out a 2x4 and basically make knees for them.

I buy the furniture of dead old people instead. It is all made from solid heavy oak. You won't ever break it, the surface can be refinished infinitely and it costs about the same as the Ikea equivalent made of cardboard.

Downside is that you can pick up any piece of Ikea furniture by yourself and move it up a stair of load it in a truck. You probably can't do this with a oak bookcase.
If it comes it a flatpack it isn't real furniture.

• Locked thread