Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

the last time this happened to me i realized that i in fact had used the wrong screws in step one. it came with two of each and they looked pretty similar. I tried to force it in but the screw broke off in the whole. "Ooops!" I said. the next day I actually drove the 1.5 hours back to ikea to replace the one i ruined, but then i got home and it turned out that this one was packaged with two of one screw and one of the other :xd: I guess I wasnt the only one who got confused haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

i might be retarded though

holes to narrow? did you get a CHONT? we've been getting a lot of complaints about the holes to narrow on CHONT recently. Go ahead and post a scanned copy of your receipt and I'll see if I can't get our Customer Experience people to send you a new one with thicker holes along with some swag + dry ice shipped meatball.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

etalian posted:

sounds like her eye wasn't the only lazy thing about her.

yeah sounds like her ex was a lazy piece of poo poo who wouldn't help those in need

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

i actually love ikea and i can afford to refurnish any room in the house on a whim for like 1/2 a week's paycheck. Sure it's paper garbage but goons who deride them have all wicker furniture from craigslist or still live at their folks'

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

naem posted:

If you ever find yourself and a serious girlfriend/significant other/transgendered-poly-otherkin-life-partner-boner-mutant shopping at an IKEA together make sure you guys are real solid first and have as big a budget as possible because nothing is worse than trying to choose between the very worst couch or the least comfortable quasi-bed and then not have a shelf budget.

The look in her/xhe/chai eyes as you blow your budget on an ok bed and then fumble with the couch cushion thing with no actual couch underneath, that folds out into sort of a chair shape, big mistake. Like be ready to buy two expensive top items and then just exactly as many brightly colored curtain things as possible, even if if you're a broke college student

yeee or just go pick up cans for an hour in the park and return to get the modular shelf system of your dreams

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Prorat posted:

IKEA is worse than walmart furniture

drat this is blatantly untrue. of all the boxed-garbage-quality mdf-legos-for-poor-idiots furniture that you can acquire anywhere in the loving world, ikea is far and away the best.

are you straight trollin me or have you never actually sat at a desk + office chair from walmart b4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Hopper posted:

What? "meatballs"? Over here in Germany it says "Köttbollar" to stay with the Swedish theme. I guess Ikea in the US lowered its standards to accommodate people with an intellect so low they can't even assemble ikea furniture properly...

sorry but the very same country has trained me (like all americans) to associate nonsense gibberish umlaut words with disposable lego furniture, and that's just not appetizing

• Locked thread