Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Their furniture is retard simple to put together. It's simple drawings that even kids could follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

:eng101: Everything you buy at Ikea is helping line the pockets of a literal Nazi who managed to escape the 40s without getting picked up for it and he uses loopholes with his companies so that basically zero taxes are paid on anything they sell.

Nazis invented rockets and jet engines and made all the best stuff. That sounds like an endorsement.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

I hate ikea because it seems like a lot of people with job situations like mine where they're only living somewhere 2-3 years before going to another job want ikea and only ikea to furnish their apartments. So if you're looking for used furniture, you will always only find ikea for sale, and when you move out, nobody will want to buy anything that isn't ikea. I am trying to sell some of my furniture I bought here and nobody wants it because I got it somewhere else. Honestly the ikea furniture here isn't even that much cheaper than the alternatives. I paid around 1200 CHF for my sofa including delivery, and a comparable one at ikea was 999+delivery fees, and was just cheap foam crap. So why is it the default for non-permanent furniture? Laziness? I don't get it.

It surprises me that IKEA stuff has a strong second hand market. I thought one of the big selling points was that a lot of their stuff is so cheap it's basically disposable and you won't feel bad about chucking it in the dumpster when you move.

• Locked thread