Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit
For me Snoop Dogg is gonna be the final say on whether long-term blazing is that bad. That nigga smokes so many blunts, BLUNTS, a day and still hasnt gotten cancer so til then I'm not convinced it' that bad for the lungs

I do agree with a lot of the more minor effects tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

it's amazing how many patients come in who have psychotic breaks after smoking weed. if you have a history of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, please don't smoke.

otherwise, blaze it up, just not erryday.

there needs to be a lot more cannabidiol vs thc in weed imo. pure thc fucks people up p significantly over time.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I heard its a gateway drug to hell

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This thread is making me paranoid

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

les fleurs du mall posted:

i think its good to play safe and assume the worst when it comes to these things and it sounds like mabye you are biased inf avour of ilelgal drugs

do you think illegal drugs are worse than legal drugs? why?

also, people climb K2 which has like a 25% chance of killing you outright by avalanche and that's legal but a drugs which maybe in 30-40 years with an unknown amount of daily use might give you cancer isn't? Sounds like acceptable risk to me. Sounds like you're deciding for everyone else.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
marywana is 100% harmless and anyone who says otherwise is an authoritarian square tbh

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

weed doesnt cause cancer even if you smoke it

[quote=
"http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/"]]While cannabis smoke has been implicated in respiratory dysfunction, including the conversion of respiratory cells to what appears to be a pre-cancerous state [5], it has not been causally linked with tobacco related cancers [6] such as lung, colon or rectal cancers. Recently, Hashibe et al [7] carried out an epidemiological analysis of marijuana smoking and cancer. A connection between marijuana smoking and lung or colorectal cancer was not observed. These conclusions are reinforced by the recent work of Tashkin and coworkers [8] who were unable to demonstrate a cannabis smoke and lung cancer link, despite clearly demonstrating cannabis smoke-induced cellular damage.

Furthermore, compounds found in cannabis have been shown to kill numerous cancer types including: lung cancer [9], breast and prostate [10], leukemia and lymphoma [11], glioma [12], skin cancer [13], and pheochromocytoma [14].

In conclusion, while both tobacco and cannabis smoke have similar properties chemically, their pharmacological activities differ greatly. Components of cannabis smoke minimize some carcinogenic pathways whereas tobacco smoke enhances some. Both types of smoke contain carcinogens and particulate matter that promotes inflammatory immune responses that may enhance the carcinogenic effects of the smoke. However, cannabis typically down-regulates immunologically-generated free radical production by promoting a Th2 immune cytokine profile. Furthermore, THC inhibits the enzyme necessary to activate some of the carcinogens found in smoke. In contrast, tobacco smoke increases the likelihood of carcinogenesis by overcoming normal cellular checkpoint protective mechanisms through the activity of respiratory epithelial cell nicotine receptors. Cannabinoids receptors have not been reported in respiratory epithelial cells (in skin they prevent cancer), and hence the DNA damage checkpoint mechanism should remain intact after prolonged cannabis exposure. Furthermore, nicotine promotes tumor angiogenesis whereas cannabis inhibits it. It is possible that as the cannabis-consuming population ages, the long-term consequences of smoking cannabis may become more similar to what is observed with tobacco. However, current knowledge does not suggest that cannabis smoke will have a carcinogenic potential comparable to that resulting from exposure to tobacco smoke.

It should be noted that with the development of vaporizers, that use the respiratory route for the delivery of carcinogen-free cannabis vapors, the carcinogenic potential of smoked cannabis has been largely eliminated [47,48].
[/quote]

The DEA/NIDA have spent shitloads of taxpayer money on rigged studies designed to prove the link between weed and cancer and even with combustion weed actually seems to inhibit the growth of certain tumors even though the smoke contains combustion byproducts that are known carcinogens. All of the health concerns related to inhaling smoke are alleviated by inhaling vapor.

This has been a public service announcement.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 20, 2015

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Moridin920 posted:

do you think illegal drugs are worse than legal drugs? why?

because theyre illegal

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

because theyre illegal

if they're only bad because they're illegal the best harm reduction strategy is to legalize, obv

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

gggiiimmmppp posted:

if they're only bad because they're illegal the best harm reduction strategy is to legalize, obv

they must be illegal for a good reason,.

les fleurs du mall fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 20, 2015

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

5-HT posted:

there needs to be a lot more cannabidiol vs thc in weed imo. pure thc fucks people up p significantly over time.

p significantly, as shown in this data *fart*

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Not reading links in op cuz I'm not a nerd but afaik it's only really bad for your brain if you do it as a kid/teen or if you are a hardcore ultra weedlord, like, snoop dogg levels. C/d?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Not reading links in op cuz I'm not a nerd but afaik it's only really bad for your brain if you do it as a kid/teen or if you are a hardcore ultra weedlord, like, snoop dogg levels. C/d?

yea

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
jokes on you

i already have a serious long term mental health problem

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Artists can get away with being high all the time because their work does not require a functioning short term memory or critical thinking. If you need either of those don't smoke regularly.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
i'm addicted to marijuana

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

idk m. about weed i smoked it once in junior year of hs. is it good?

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Here is the complete list of all mental health issues weed causes long-term:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

it is posted:

Here is the complete list of all mental health issues weed causes long-term:

Please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_cannabis

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

dont smoke weed if you're a child(fine as a teen) or have schizophrenia, otherwise it's harmless even if you smoke weed every day.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nuts and Gum posted:

Artists can get away with being high all the time because their work does not require a functioning short term memory or critical thinking. If you need either of those don't smoke regularly.

just dont be high while youre doing your job dummy

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

5-HT posted:

it's amazing how many patients come in who have psychotic breaks after smoking weed. if you have a history of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, please don't smoke.

otherwise, blaze it up, just not erryday.

its one of the only drugs in america other than food that people consume without dosing

i would think out of concern for your enjoyment or even just cost people could start actually measuring how much weed they really need in a bowl to enjoy it.

instead its just HEY HERES A FIREY BUD

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the health risks of tobacco otoh are greatly exaggerated

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

extra stout posted:

its one of the only drugs in america other than food that people consume without dosing

i would think out of concern for your enjoyment or even just cost people could start actually measuring how much weed they really need in a bowl to enjoy it.

instead its just HEY HERES A FIREY BUD

This is a good post, thank you

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
everyone else please step up your game... the bar has been raised

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Smoke weed every day.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Hobohemian posted:

Smoke weed every day.

what about today

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Otacon posted:

what about today

looks like 29.88 inHg today and falling, I'd say today is good for it

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Smoking weed can cause serious mental health problems in the long term

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/the-harmful-effects.html

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects

it's good be infropmed on the pros and cons of these things but it looks like weed is bad?
tfind out for yourself don't take it from me

Too long didn't smoke TL:DS

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
there's no hope with dope.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Does smoking weed make people stupid? It seems like ti does, to me. When i see someone who has been smoking weed i normally have to ask them "are you high" or else i just have to assume they're an idiot because when you're high you act really stupid and talk like a dummy

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i might be wrong though

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Blow me. I smoked a bunch of weed before I realized not knowing the exact strains and effects was the reason most of the time I got high sucked nuts but sometimes it was legitimately good at helping me function.

If I had the vacation time/money I'd take a trip, but as I said poor. Maybe in like 5 years but by then it might be legal somewhere closer anyway.

:lol: gently caress no it ain't worth that to me.

Did I wander into TCC? What is this retard "how dare you want to have reasonable assurances that the strain you're being sold is in-fact that strain and will be reliably available to purchase in the future" poo poo?

Your faggotry is reaching godlike levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

mind the walrus posted:

Blow me. I smoked a bunch of weed before I realized not knowing the exact strains and effects was the reason most of the time I got high sucked nuts but sometimes it was legitimately good at helping me function.

If I had the vacation time/money I'd take a trip, but as I said poor. Maybe in like 5 years but by then it might be legal somewhere closer anyway.

:lol: gently caress no it ain't worth that to me.

Did I wander into TCC? What is this retard "how dare you want to have reasonable assurances that the strain you're being sold is in-fact that strain and will be reliably available to purchase in the future" poo poo?

why did you smoke weed to start with? was it peer pressure or somethign else?

• Locked thread