Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
all because apple's industrial design chose to make them look aesthetically pleasing by omitting strain relief from the cable suggested by the engineers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

stfu

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

maybe wrap up the cable correctly and dont be a dumbass?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i still have some apple firewire cables from like 2001. sorry for your irrational rage at cables

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

maybe wrap up the cable correctly and dont be a dumbass?

i'm extremely safe with my cables, and it's almost been 2 years that i've had this lightning cable. they also used a "thin rubberized jacket" instead of PVC to be more environmentally friendly

to prove how bad the lightning connector is, the rating on apple's site is currently one and a half stars: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD818ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple makes phones that bend and cables that don't. this is because jonny ives is a complete hack.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

works for me, op

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
ure the loving worst poster

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think you meant apple cables are delicious

at least my cats think so

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

apple makes phones that bend and cables that don't. this is because jonny ives is a complete hack.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stop posting op lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
idk i put my lightning cable through the wash once and it got all curly like a pigs tail but it still works to this day

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i have best buy geek squad care instead of apple care (lol)

i went there with my dead lightning connector and headphones thinking i could just trade them in like the apple store. nope. they have to send them to your house. well, according to the Geek Squad® staff at least. they gave me a number for headquarters "just in case" [they are wrong], so i called them and they told me to just pick out "any brand compatible lightning connector" and apple ear buds. so i got a 10ft Insignia one LOL that actually has really great loving reviews http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-10-lightning-charge-and-sync-cable-black/5019228.p?id=1219106281415&skuId=5019228

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lol youre retarded

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i went there with my dead lightning connector and headphones thinking i could just trade them in like the apple store. nope. they have to send them to your house. well, according to the Geek Squad® staff at least. they gave me a number for headquarters "just in case" [they are wrong], so i called them and they told me to just pick out "any brand compatible lightning connector" and apple ear buds. so i got a 10ft Insignia one LOL that actually has really great loving reviews http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-10-lightning-charge-and-sync-cable-black/5019228.p?id=1219106281415&skuId=5019228

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Shaggar posted:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

lmao

i mean going into a best buy in TYOOL 20XX

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Squinty Applebottom posted:

lmao

i mean going into a best buy in TYOOL 20XX

you need someplace to go to check out tvs and stuff in person before ordering it on amazon

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:geno: would you like to add a geek squad support plan to your apple product you're obviously buying here, physically.. like a loving idiot, at best buy?

.... yes - lp0 on fire

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
yeah because i get apple care for less $$$ and replacement ear buds and a non-apple 10 foot lightning connector that doesn't break. apple care doesn't do that

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes it does you idiot

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
OP is literally made of brined mozzarella

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

pram posted:

yes it does you idiot

apple store lets you replace their brand apple lightning connector with a 10 foot insignia lightning connector for free?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
teeeheeee ten foot cable *spazzes out* TEN FOOT CABLE :byodood:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
LOL I PICKED THE LONGEST CABLE HOW WIN IS MY LIFE

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm a frayed knot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

op I need some strain relief on my cable and were told you were the man for the job

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm pretty win pram

pram
Jun 10, 2001
objectively false

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
don't sign your posts

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, win in the same sense that having aids makes you a positive person

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

the cable on my magsafe adapter just completely internally disconnected from the magnetic part, as there's a weird slack in it now, gotta buy a new chargter $80 wootle

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Share Bear posted:

the cable on my magsafe adapter just completely internally disconnected from the magnetic part, as there's a weird slack in it now, gotta buy a new chargter $80 wootle

the magsafe adapters have a similar construction and are also fail

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

I'm a frayed knot

Hi hungry, nice to meet you, I'm Dad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lmao

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
really hoping the next iPhone cord is something standard so they can be cheap again without the whole this cord is poo poo thing coming up

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
with any luck they'll switch to usb-c

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

with any luck they'll switch to usb-c

not a chance

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008