Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

My soul seems to stand alone on a huge torus — a torus as big as the earth. I stand tall and unafraid and yet I am aware of looking out into nothingness. It is almost as if time reversed itself and I stand in the void before creation. I wait in silence. Although my faculties operate in the midst of daily occupations, joys and distress, my soul is somehow separated from these realities and at the same time immersed within them. All goes on as usual but with a constant awareness of being alone, looking out into a void. There are times my soul cries out "Cheerios" but no answer is heard. While silence is the only response, there is an awareness of Cereal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
There are 10 hot ancient grains to watch, but only three of them are known and of those three only one can be named.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

poo poo, guys, I dropped a Cheerio off my spoon and it hit my leg and burned right through my pants! I don't think it was even warm when it was in my bowl, but it's burning my thigh really badly and I can't seem to move it :(

e: strike that, the cheerio is now gone. I guess it must have fallen off and I didn't notice? It did leave a Cheerio-shaped splotch on my skin, and it KINDA still hurts but I put some ice on it and I'm fine. Shame about my pants though
e2: moved the ice and there's a second cheerio burn. I'm like 95% sure I only dropped one.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
One ancient grain is actually a seed. Another ancient grain is an egg and inside of that egg is a key and that key can open the chest that contains the essence of the dread one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cheerio marks still spreading. There's like six of them now. I went to check WebMD because I thought it might be lyme disease but my computer appears to have been replaced with a roiling mass of centipedes crawling endlessly through tiny beige hoops (phoneposting now obv). No idea WHEN that happened.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
You may notice that there is a tall eyeless man in the room where you traditionally consume cheerios. This is very good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

loquacius posted:

Cheerio marks still spreading. There's like six of them now. I went to check WebMD because I thought it might be lyme disease but my computer appears to have been replaced with a roiling mass of centipedes crawling endlessly through tiny beige hoops (phoneposting now obv). No idea WHEN that happened.
sorry man that's just ringworm

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Went looking for Cheerios + Ancient Grains at my local supermarket, but when I tried to take some off the shelf, I discovered what I'd initially taken to be a row of boxes was just an impossibly detailed false-depth painting. I went to complain to the manager but after yelling at him for several minutes I discovered he was just a painting as well!

Not a fan of this new ad campaign or whatever it is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Went looking for Cheerios + Ancient Grains at my local supermarket, but when I tried to take some off the shelf, I discovered what I'd initially taken to be a row of boxes was just an impossibly detailed false-depth painting. I went to complain to the manager but after yelling at him for several minutes I discovered he was just a painting as well!

Not a fan of this new ad campaign or whatever it is.

Yeah my store pulled that one on me too, classic :) Rest assured, if you check your pantry you will find your box, made just for you, waiting for you invitingly

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

loquacius posted:

Yeah my store pulled that one on me too, classic :) Rest assured, if you check your pantry you will find your box, made just for you, waiting for you invitingly
I found the box but my cupboard now appears to occupy non-Euclidean space and I'm afraid to touch it. Can you use tongs for that?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
No mercy for breakfast

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
woke up this morning and i hear hundreds, thousands, millions of rats skittering inside my walls. i think i'm having pop-tarts for breakfast today

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

It... it has my name on it.

Like, incorporated into the logo, not just written on the box.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I opened my box but there was no cereal inside, just an endless void inhabited solely by a cursed star. I want to leave my house to return it to the store, but every time I try to walk out my front door I only find myself back in my kitchen.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
It pays to look at the ingredients before you buy, I was going to buy some but passed since I'm sensitive to "FD&C Red No. 40 out of Space"

also,

concerned mom posted:

they should do a cross with cap'n crunch and call it ancient mariner

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
In the world of colorful cereal packaging, the monochrome woodcut box design of Cheerios + Ancient Grains certainly stands out. Customer surveys consistently show that the images depicted "awaken long-shunned hungers".

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

As you might have suspected nothing you just heard is true, the real story about the Cheerios Ancient Grains (CAG) is quite different. It’s worth mentioning that the reason that goons focus in on the CAG is because all of the other known ancient cereals have now been proven to be fakes [1] and even Lowtax admits this.

“Scientific tests have determined that the two owned by the Food Lion and the Kroger were not authentic pre-Columbian cereals.”

The CAG was the last hope for a real one, and the only reason it was the last hope is because the daughter of Richard Kyanka, while she was alive, refused to have an official study done to see if it was fake or not. Rather than that she toured around with it in cereal conventions and the like, until she recently died.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
guys do you know where i can get more cheerios with ancient grains? my grocery store is deserted and i'm so hungry.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

update: okay so i'm ghostposting now cos the poo poo kept flooding my apartment and I drowned in it. VERY unpleasant (and unexpected) way to go. I'm hovering over my dead gay poo poo-smeared corpse in the medical examiners office atm. he seems frustrated that "drowned in poo poo from an eldritch cereal curse" won't fit on the death certificate. so he just wrote "poo poo" instead. thanks a lot, doc.

on the bright side, his secretary is a smoking hot brunette and I can fly through walls now. guess whose house I'm gonna be haunting :q:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
The king in yellow despairs at the sogginess of his ancient Cereal; looks up, follows his neighbor's Cat out into the Rue Barrée...and does not look back.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
They say the fields where ancient grains are sown become twisted. Twisted how seems indescribable, nor is where such a field may be found ever mentioned by those I interviewed. All I know is the farmers in this small west Michigan town seem more distant, more hardened. They fear its spread into their lives.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Monsanto has searched far and wide through the black Jungles of Kaziim and beneath haunted pyramids of long forgotten sects to find the oldest most ancient wheat genetics. Twisting these dark seeds through modern science we're proud to present this bold flavor throwback. Please enjoy responsibly.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

carrion kit posted:

Monsanto has searched far and wide through the black Jungles of Kaziim and beneath haunted pyramids of long forgotten sects to find the oldest most ancient wheat genetics. Twisting these dark seeds through modern science we're proud to present this bold flavor throwback. Please enjoy responsibly.

Side effects may include: extra limbs, phantom visitations from deceased advertising executives, distortion of vision, spontaneous subcutaneous plant growth, and physically manifested abstract concepts having seminars in your psyche, among others

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

The whispering

Always the whispering

7 grains for 7 kings

7̡̤̩̞ ̙̮͍͈͍̕͞g̢̲͇r̷̙̤͇̝͉̀a̘̪͈̳̟̕ͅi̛͉̯̯̱n̷̲̲̭̣͡s̺̣̖̣ ̸̨͓͓̟͎͚͍́f̨̗̝̩̭̟́͡o̡͈͉ͅr͕̱̺̗ ̶̤̮̹͇̰̼̀ͅͅ7͏̨̲͙̤͎̦̥͕̹ ̨̼̠̲̺͓̭̼̮̪͠k̛̼͓̣͍͖̺̜̦i̢͕n̵̡̬͓̲͍͖͓̯ǵ͇̜̮s̷̘͕̜̗͝
̪̥̼̗̫̩̠͎̳̀͜͢

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Hail! didn't listen to the crier nor any of the past several hours of debate at the forum! just wondering if anyone can give me a rundown on the differences between whole grains and ancient grains. I know it's probably already been discussed at length several times but I didn't listen!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Hail! didn't listen to the crier nor any of the past several hours of debate at the forum! just wondering if anyone can give me a rundown on the differences between whole grains and ancient grains. I know it's probably already been discussed at length several times but I didn't listen!

gnarlyhotep posted:

Side effects may include: extra limbs, phantom visitations from deceased advertising executives, distortion of vision, spontaneous subcutaneous plant growth, and physically manifested abstract concepts having seminars in your psyche, among others

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Three grains for the Elven-Kings under the sky
Seven for the dwarf lords, with their bowls of stone
Nine for mortal men doomed to die
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Monsanto where the shadows lie,
One grain to rule them all, one grain to find them,
one grain to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Monsanto where the shadows lie

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i stepped outside in order to drive to the store and to my amazement there was water falling from the sky. rain, in california. clearly we have trifled with forces beyond our comprehension

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I haven't noticed much. i just finished writing an aramaic manuscript in blood and feces on the wall of my house. I don't speak or write aramaic, which is a little weird i guess but i feel fine.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This cereal gives me the shits I tell you what.

Also I'm making GBS threads scorpions for some reason.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Anyone else ever notice that when you hold the box up to a mirror the pictures and writing aren't backward?

I got that too, but as soon as I looked away from the mirror the box I was holding somehow became mirrored? Then I started looking around and I noticed everything else in my house was backwards too. Kind of weird but I guess I'm getting used to it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Applewhite posted:

This cereal gives me the shits I tell you what.

Also I'm making GBS threads scorpions for some reason.
Ooh, that's bad. You're supposed to be vomiting a plague of locusts o'er the land. Better see your plague doctor.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm so hungry i can't stop eating oh god

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i have partaken of the grains

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I spent months tracking down the source of these corrupted grains. In a valley untouched by time, I found a farm where the fields are rows of human limbs, harvested by golems of wheat, their faces ever-swirling compositions of cereal.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
the year is 2142 and humanity is on the brink.

the gluten free prophets tried to warn us, but we were too arrogant to listen

it's only a matter of time before the nano-cheerios find us here and reduce us down to our base cereal elements to feed the motherbowl.

my only hope is that the next planet they find is more prepared than we were

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

DO NOT give Cheerios Ancient Grains to pigeons
I boarded up my windows but somehow they still know where I am at all times
the skittering on the roof above my bed keeps me up at night and they won't let me leave
fortunately the grains give me the energy to keep going and going and going, I haven't slept in weeks but I feel just fine
9/10 great cereal, but for human consumption only

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I had some for breakfast the other day and now every time I close my eyes I see the unfathomable realities of the universe. it is very difficult to sleep while uncontrollably screaming! definitely going to write a letter to general mills as soon as the address stops blurring out every time I try to look it up

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i've been eating ancient grains for pretty much every meal a day since i found out about them. i keep finding mutilated rodents and pets around my neighborhood. i dont think they're necessarily related though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
my wife had celiac's but after I force fed cheerios with ancient grains to her, she was cured.

the body of gluten, the cup of salvation

• Locked thread