Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Demon Of The Fall posted:

well he says he thought it was empty. don't they always say that before someone gets shot in the face?

Step one of cleaning a gun is to clear it to make sure that it's empty. In fact, step one of touching a gun at all is to check to make sure that it's not loaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I like to touch it with my penis!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He's not allowed to clean them in the house anymore.

As a gun-haver, I am on the fence about this. They don't need to be cleaned all the time unless you're in the desert or a jungle, but no cleaning in the house at all might be too strict.

Having said that, if he's keeping it in the house at all, it should be a rule that it be unloaded at all times. In a hypothetical rapist is coming through the window situation, the half second it takes to load the pistol isn't going to make or break anything considering that he's going to have to run to dig it out of wherever it is.

Libertarian Gun-havers are always like "If it's not loaded, what's the point of having it?", as if it's some big hassle to pull the slide back. Literally the only case where that half second might make a difference is if a gun-having rapist is already through the door in your living-room with a gun pointed at you and your gun is already in your lap because you've been stroking it all night.

• Locked thread