Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Sorry, but 2 AM is a time where I have to sleep.

I think our group has some serious timezone issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fredrik1 posted:

Sorry, but 2 AM is a time where I have to sleep.

I think our group has some serious timezone issues.

I'm still online if you are

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

OptimusShr posted:

OK my group I am available Friday afternoon, any chance we can do it then? I am off Tuesday and Wednesday if not.
I should be available on Tues or Weds evening.

I'm also off work today, if that's any help.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Paul.Power posted:

I should be available on Tues or Weds evening.

I'm also off work today, if that's any help.

I work in this afternoon but I will be on just in case Ryang and Factor Mystic are on.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Bubz posted:

We've got bowmore, robust laser and myself online. Come join us Lawful Waffle!

Aw gently caress. I'll be on this afternoon and evening.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
Robust Laser obliterated us in round 2 with lots of cross-country tickets!

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
I'd like to thank the academy, and also finally learning how to count how many trains I need. Have some more pictures.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
Here are the updated standings.

:siren: I noticed that round 2-3 and round 3-3 were virtually the same, so I've randomised the round 3 table. :siren:

Let me know if you see any issues with it!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Nice job, I've updated the OP with the current standings

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
OK well, I hate to be 'that guy', but what's the situation with group 1-1? Is it like, a different person or two who are offline at any given time, or is it the same person/people who are unavailable? Since there's just over a week left for the second round to be completed, so we should see if we can try to get the last round one bracket finished ASAP, so the schedule doesn't lag too far behind.
Is a stand-in/champion or two needed? If so, just remember that it's not just limited to the stand-in candidates in the OP - other goons/players (from other groups that is, or aren't involved in the event) are also acceptable stand-ins, and if they win it'll still be classified as a win for the person they're representing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Major Isoor posted:

OK well, I hate to be 'that guy', but what's the situation with group 1-1? Is it like, a different person or two who are offline at any given time, or is it the same person/people who are unavailable? Since there's just over a week left for the second round to be completed, so we should see if we can try to get the last round one bracket finished ASAP, so the schedule doesn't lag too far behind.
Is a stand-in/champion or two needed? If so, just remember that it's not just limited to the stand-in candidates in the OP - other goons/players (from other groups that is, or aren't involved in the event) are also acceptable stand-ins, and if they win it'll still be classified as a win for the person they're representing.
Bubz and I have been on every day, the other two are never online at the same time. Been trying to get it going but it never happens.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

bowmore posted:

Bubz and I have been on every day, the other two are never online at the same time. Been trying to get it going but it never happens.

I think we've all been online every day, but US Eastern time (me) and Upside Down Australia time (Fredrik) appear to not overlap. We can only ever get 3 people in a chat room at once.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Factor Mystic posted:

I think we've all been online every day, but US Eastern time (me) and Upside Down Australia time (Fredrik) appear to not overlap. We can only ever get 3 people in a chat room at once.

I've also been online except for a few occasions when I said I wouldn't be. We tried going for early morning saturday but that didn't really work.

Just to get this rolling If you three get in on a chat feel free to replace me with whomever, I don't really care (as long as I win).

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
Bowmore and I are in the same time zone, so that makes it easier. I'm also happy for someone to take my place as a champion if you other three are on. Factor and bowmore - you want to do the same? We will be able to get 3 on for sure.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
We have 3 out of 4 online right now - Fredrik, Factor and I. Fredrik is about to go to sleep though. Bowmore, we've organised Lawful Waffle as your champion.

I know you haven't specifically given permission for a champion, but since we are so far behind now, I think this game will need to count unless all four of us can be online at some stage this weekend.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
It appears that the champion is too stronk. Bowmore gets maximum points!

Here was the result of the last Round 1 game. How's everyone going with their Round 2?

Updated standings:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cool!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

:c00lbert:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Yo Radom Stranger, Fredrick, and Sodomy. How does Thursday, June 1 at 10 pm central sound?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Alright well, this round's end date has been extended to the 17th, due to the timezone issues a bunch of you all have been having - we'll see how it goes, hopefully the remaining matches for round two can be sorted out soon!

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Alright well, this round's end date has been extended to the 17th, due to the timezone issues a bunch of you all have been having - we'll see how it goes, hopefully the remaining matches for round two can be sorted out soon!

Probably for the best. I am of today and tomorrow again s I'll be on all day.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Shadow225 posted:

Yo Radom Stranger, Fredrick, and Sodomy. How does Thursday, June 1 at 10 pm central sound?

Sorry that's 04:00 gmt, I can do night time gmt+1 to 22:00, probably between 04:00 - 15:00 cst on a weekend, anytime between 13:00 to 16:00 cst on a workday.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fredrik1 posted:

Sorry that's 04:00 gmt, I can do night time gmt+1 to 22:00, probably between 04:00 - 15:00 cst on a weekend, anytime between 13:00 to 16:00 cst on a workday.

If we're all good for Saturday I think we can make that work.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib
Sorry, this slipped my mind, I'm good tomorrow, how about 14:00 cst, or whenever we see each other on steam.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I actually have to work during that time frame on a Saturday, but if a champion wanted to fill in for the sake of completion, that's fine.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
How's everyone going? Try and get your games in this weekend if you can, and we'll move on to Round 3!

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
If my team is available at 7:30 EST tonight we could get this done. If not I have Monday and Wednesday off.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

OptimusShr posted:

If my team is available at 7:30 EST tonight we could get this done. If not I have Monday and Wednesday off.
That's pretty late for me (gone midnight), but I might be able to make it. I'm free all of Monday.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

If you guys get three out of four, I'm willing to champion again. I'm usually tooling around on the computer, so just send me a message if you need one more to help finish up the round.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hmm, may potentially need this to be extended again, although hopefully we can get the remaining matches finished before that becomes a necessity. So, what's the situation in terms of availability for the remaining two groups? Is it just consistently 3/4 people online at once, or? Since we may need to potentially organize to have a champion for whichever member of the group can't attend at the time of the match, just so we can progress to round three. (Obviously this'll need to be agreed on before action is taken, but it's starting to look like it may be required, here. Hopefully next round will have better timezone match-ups, I guess)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My group, we couldn't do it last weekend, but is everyone good for this Sunday? I think we should be able to coordinate for that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are we on round 2 or 3, am I up to date?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bowmore posted:

Are we on round 2 or 3, am I up to date?

We're currently in round two. Unless I'm mistaken, 1/3 groups for round two have completed their match, right?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok I'm up to date *phew*

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Hmm, may potentially need this to be extended again, although hopefully we can get the remaining matches finished before that becomes a necessity. So, what's the situation in terms of availability for the remaining two groups? Is it just consistently 3/4 people online at once, or? Since we may need to potentially organize to have a champion for whichever member of the group can't attend at the time of the match, just so we can progress to round three. (Obviously this'll need to be agreed on before action is taken, but it's starting to look like it may be required, here. Hopefully next round will have better timezone match-ups, I guess)

From my experience, the problem with my group is a combo of lack of effort and time zone incompatibility. I don't think I've seen more than one other person online simultaneously until 6 am this morning. The only effort to organize something originated with me, and I prodded the response. I had to work during the time that worked for the other 3, but I advocated for a champion if it worked for everyone else. I'm not sure what happened there.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

My group, we couldn't do it last weekend, but is everyone good for this Sunday? I think we should be able to coordinate for that.

I'd be good for this Sunday after 8 pm cst

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

That'll be Monday morning for me so alas I'll be at work. Totally happy for a Champion to take my place though as I'm the awkward timezone spot.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
Get your games in this weekend guys! I'm available as a champion as well if you have trouble getting more than 3 online at once.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Eh, let's shoot for 7 PM instead. I have a friend from out of town, and we may go out later that night,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Shadow225 posted:

I'd be good for this Sunday after 8 pm cst

This is impossible for me, someone else has to take my spot.

• Locked thread