Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I doubt anyone actually hates you. You're just some guy despite your reputation in Salem so w/e...

As for the game itself, I noticed the dev team changed for the better. Still, I have little motivation to go back just because - lost a lot of the first timer appeal and new car feel the first time through. Maybe if there was a decent sized, varied player population, not just the old guard, as it had always been.

I'm curious why you're here trying to drum up more people - part of me wonders if it's a veteran trying to prop up a dying game they love. Couldn't blame you for that, but not a motivator to try again. Is there a good stream of new players into the game, and do they tend to stay longer than the first week or two as had always been a problem? What's player population like these days? How massive is the power differential between a new player and a veteran? How many hours of grinding at non-veteran efficiency would it take to get carpal tunnel catch up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Jackard posted:

I hear the new devs gently caress with the playerbase harder than the original ones ever did.

Never really followed Salem in the first place so couldn't say how much of this is truth or just bitterness from burned-out vets

:spergin: http://www.scribd.com/doc/243478459/Dissolution-of-the-MM-Tribe (brought up in this thread on the original devs forum)

Can someone remind me who Darworth is again? The name is familiar.

He's some veteran player who has been around for a while. Had a (multiple?) high powered characters. Was involved in a ton of the early-game political drama, including a bunch of the goon deaths I'm pretty sure.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

We killed a dev once:

I don't know why that ketchupface girl blocked out all the other names??? But w/e.

As for the OP, I think this was referring to him:

SnatchDuster posted:

I remember a goon fucker in Salem. Not that mafia game, but Salem by the guys of H&H.

We had a nice little town of 20 or so goons, then this goon fucker brings the biggest baddest pubbie killing machine to town who proceeds to kill half of us.

All because I stole his friend's canoe.

However, population seems to be up a bit, so maybe it's doing okay under the new development:

(Today)

(2012)

I agree with Jackard that if you want any attention you should probably repost this in the parent Games forum.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

lol

• Locked thread