Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
we still hate you Darworth

rip goontown

edit: nah really the blame's on the original devs for building a broken purity/gluttony system that literally godmoded the few that figured it out and deciding in their weird libertarianism to not revert the gains when it was clear the system didn't work. oh and that guy that ratted our location out to you.

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

hemophilia posted:

I really like haven and hearth when the resets are pretty regular, which hasn't been for a couple of years. is this like that more than superficially?

I can only speak for the old days, when resets were "literally never because the devs were ideologically opposed to them" but it was kinda slow, plodding and grindy. On the plus side building goontown took a lot of cooperation and it worked out pretty well, long-range scouting/mapping with paranoid interactions with other groups was exciting, and subtly intimidating our neighbors was pretty great. (until Darworth destroyed everything and killed everyone in a 10 minute span)

Not sure how well the new devs are dealing with a lot of the balance issues (exponential statgain exploits) and a lot of the worst parts of the grind but I'd consider coming back if there was enough goon presence.

• Locked thread