Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Music. A man we see only from behind navigates various 19th century locales.

Things like "A LEGENDARY AUTHOR" and "AN INCREDIBLE STORY" come up on screen.

Music stops.

Plump Woman: Mr. Twain, I presume?

Reveal of his face, smirking. It's Mark Twain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:firstpost:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mark Twain sits in a dark smoke filled saloon scrawling notes in a battered leather notebook.

Busty bar wench who is way too hot for the time period: "What are you writing there?"

Twain: "The great American novel. Now show ol Sam Clemens those sweet funbags"

Rafting down the Pussy River: The Story of Mark Twat

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 29, 2015

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*close up of mark twain slowly pans out*
star wars theme begins to play
*panning out continues until inmpossibly far and the earth disappears in the distance*
*scrolling letters appear like in star wars*
*fade to black*

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
dae think benedict cumberbatch would make for a sexy twain

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

*a helmeted figure on a motorcycle skids to a stop just short of going over a cliff overlooking a river*

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

* a riverboat paddles slowly down the Mississippi*

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

*the motorcycle rider looks down at the distant riverboat*

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

*rider guns the engine and goes over the cliff*

*Wrvrrp voop voop voopvoopvopp*

*motorcycle crashes through riverboat ceiling, disturbing a masked ball in progress*

*woman removes her mask and smiles coquettishly at helmeted rider*
"Mister Twain, fashionably late as always."

*montage of action scenes involving motorcycles and explosions*

*cut back to the riverboat*
Rider (voice heavily digitized): "you know how ah love to make an entrance."

*explosion cut to look like it happens immediately after he says that line but actually takes place at a completely different part of the movie*

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Music. A man we see only from behind navigates various 19th century locales.

Things like "A LEGENDARY AUTHOR" and "AN INCREDIBLE STORY" come up on screen.

Music stops.

Plump Woman: Mr. Twain, I presume?

Reveal of his face, smirking. It's Mark Twain.

That sounds like a terrible movie.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
A steamboat descends from the sky, haloed in glorious white light Mark Twain disembarks, he walks to a bench and grabs a hammer
beside the bench is a basket, Twain reaches into it and miraculously pulls out a puppy, a golden retriever.
Twain takes the hammer and smashes the puppy's head in, big cgi 3d explosion of blood, bits of skull and brain fly seemingly at the audience,
for the next two hours Twain systematically pulls out a variety of different puppies from the basket and pulverizes their brains.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tonsured posted:

A steamboat descends from the sky, haloed in glorious white light Mark Twain disembarks, he walks to a bench and grabs a hammer
beside the bench is a basket, Twain reaches into it and miraculously pulls out a puppy, a golden retriever.
Twain takes the hammer and smashes the puppy's head in, big cgi 3d explosion of blood, bits of skull and brain fly seemingly at the audience,
for the next two hours Twain systematically pulls out a variety of different puppies from the basket and pulverizes their brains.

and that's just the trailer!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

whwere lighstasapbers att??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*riverboat transforms into a giant robot with much whooshing and CGI garbage*

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

*riverboat transforms into a giant robot with much whooshing and CGI garbage*

That is the best movie idea I have seen in this thread so far.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

That is the best movie idea I have seen in this thread so far.

The paddlewheels go on the shoulders.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

*a helmeted figure on a motorcycle skids to a stop just short of going over a cliff overlooking a river*

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

* a riverboat paddles slowly down the Mississippi*

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

*the motorcycle rider looks down at the distant riverboat*

*DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN*

*rider guns the engine and goes over the cliff*

*Wrvrrp voop voop voopvoopvopp*

*motorcycle crashes through riverboat ceiling, disturbing a masked ball in progress*

*woman removes her mask and smiles coquettishly at helmeted rider*
"Mister Twain, fashionably late as always."

*montage of action scenes involving motorcycles and explosions*

*cut back to the riverboat*
Rider (voice heavily digitized): "you know how ah love to make an entrance."

*explosion cut to look like it happens immediately after he says that line but actually takes place at a completely different part of the movie*

someone has to stop you

stop you before poe's law takes its terrible vengeance and manifests these posts in real life

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

The paddlewheels go on the shoulders.

You need some whores/sluts as well to look at when robots get boring to look at.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

You need some whores/sluts as well to look at when robots get boring to look at.

of course, but only if they're too fake to actually be hot. Like, they're still "hot" but so artificial that they trigger a subliminal uncanny valley response.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

of course, but only if they're too fake to actually be hot. Like, they're still "hot" but so artificial that they trigger a subliminal uncanny valley response.

make sure their love interest is some short little faggy dude who is jewish or something gay like that so the audience can be like "she should get with a real man like me"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

make sure their love interest is some short little faggy dude who is jewish or something gay like that so the audience can be like "she should get with a real man like me"

he can be Mark Twain's sidekick.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

he can be Mark Twain's sidekick.

Make sure the guy who plays Mark Twain is also really short and faggy looking so the audience can feel about themselves about that too.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

Make sure the guy who plays Mark Twain is also really short and faggy looking so the audience can feel about themselves about that too.

I'll get Tom Cruise on the phone. He's almost old enough to play Twain.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

I'll get Tom Cruise on the phone. He's almost old enough to play Twain.

He should only be reserved for science fiction movies where the audience needs to feel better about being sane/not crazy. You need some guy like robert downy jr. to play mark twain so we can all laugh at his height/alcoholism/whatever. Every biopic needs a scene where the main character realizes he is his own worst enemy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

He should only be reserved for science fiction movies where the audience needs to feel better about being sane/not crazy. You need some guy like robert downy jr. to play mark twain so we can all laugh at his height/alcoholism/whatever. Every biopic needs a scene where the main character realizes he is his own worst enemy.

Robert Downy Junior would unironically make a p. good Twain.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Robert Downy Junior would unironically make a p. good Twain.

The whole point of movies is that you need to stroke the ego of the audience as much as possible. Even though Mark Twain wrote all those books and poo poo the audience needs to come out of the theater feeling superior to him.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

The whole point of movies is that you need to stroke the ego of the audience as much as possible. Even though Mark Twain wrote all those books and poo poo the audience needs to come out of the theater feeling superior to him.

Idk I didn't walk out of Conan, Die Hard, Terminator 2 or Demolition man feeling superior to the hero.

But then again we're not trying to make a good film.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Idk I didn't walk out of Conan, Die Hard, Terminator 2 or Demolition man feeling superior to the hero.

Yes you did, that is why they make the big bucks. They can make you feel superior to everyone even without you thinking that you are feeling superior to everyone.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Apthous posted:

Yes you did, that is why they make the big bucks. They can make you feel superior to everyone even without you thinking that you are feeling superior to everyone.

I'll need further convincing, as this doesn't jive with my experiences and emotions.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
movie promotion idea: if you help re-paint the cinema, you win a FREE MOVIE TICKET!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*trailer for a polished, lavishly detailed, by-the-numbers period piece that will be critically acclaimed, but forgotten by moviegoers twenty minutes after they leave the theater*

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Just repackage an albert einstein biopic and dub mark twain's name over einstein's. most viewers won't know the difference.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
It's already been done, and no remake could ever compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCW9xmamzQ

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Nobody in the film express racist sentiments except the antagonist.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted: