Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fister Roboto posted:

The Martian is a pretty good book, if only because it has the best opening line in the history of literature.

Ugh that book was awful. The overarching plot is good, but the actual writing was terrible.

:spergin:

Ought to make a decent movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MA-Horus posted:

It's pulp sci-fi, you're not going for war and peace here. Everyone I know who's read it enjoyed it. Except you, because you hate things.

I didn't expect Philip K Dick, but I was anticipating a basic level of talent. The book's a fleshed out screenplay pitch, pure and simple.

:eyepop:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wanna hide in that smoke pit

I would police her butts.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have submitted direct deposit info to no less than 4 different people both online, over the phone, via email, and in person and the treasury still sends me checks and little "you are delinquent! Direct deposit mandatory by may 2013." :iiam:

Is this for disability claim stuff? I've updated my address so many times through the VA and yet they continue to send mail to my address from two years ago.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What got Shim banned now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/wAKmH1G.gif

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You guys. Look at this fat dogge.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

meet the new cast of Top Gear.

Yea that's not going to go well.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Top Gear was on long before our most current iteration. The brand still has tremendous value.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I believe the common thought is that millions of people watched Top Gear not for the cars but for the trio. Yea, I don't expect great things from them, although Top Gear will continue to pull in viewers by virtue of it's premise and status.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What's really disappointing about the new Top Gear presenters is the BBC's insistence on supporting the old guard cultural machinations of hetero normative gender constructs.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sara Jean Underwood

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

It's CT, so there's a few places from around then and older here and there.

The place has been kept up very well and modernized throughout the years- plumbing is newer, breakerbox is newer, no real sign of leaks/mold/poo poo like that. Roof was done about 5 years ago and still looks great. Bathroom fixtures are new as well.

We're doing a VA loan so yes, it will be inspected, and we're using another inspector for our appraisal, and my father-in-law is a federal housing inspector/general contractor. (he is not the appraisal inspector, I want someone who's not attached to the place to look at everything.)

We really wanted a 4 bedroom with a yard, and everything we looked at in the area was overpriced stuff with improvements done by people who were hoping to flip it before the real estate market crashed and got stuck with it. There's some improvements that should be done on this place, but nothing that I'd be uncomfortable with my kids living there at all. It's an awesome neighborhood, great schools and poo poo, so hopefully the inspectors don't find some poo poo that makes me walk away from it. I'd post pictures but don't want people doxxing it and poo poo.

You're in Florida, so yeah that's entirely possible. We just have crushing winters and the occasional hurricane, but not on the scale of Hurricane Andrew/Katrina. There's a couple houses from the 1700's still around here.I grew up in an 80 year old house with glass fuses and a coal cellar.

Does Roscoe like it? That's all I care about.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Post roscoe

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Watching Assassins since it's new to Netflix. Can't tell if it's supposed to be a buddy movie yet.

The Antonio Banderas movie?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My college schedule is planned out till January 2016, and only one quarter after that remains. Less than a year out from graduating. School has gone by quick.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:3:

I'm now heavily into networking mode, which is insufferable. Thankfully people in my prospective industry know the score. Everyone is pretty cool about it. I'm hoping to get another agency internship before looking for employment.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The best college courses I took were remote imagery sensing and the history of theme parks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

Internships are the primary thing that separates a good school from a bad one. Do as many as you can, as early as you can.

Truth. Three is about average for where I'm at and in my program.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

So very mom hot

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The AF gave me a bucket load of cash for 3 years IRR. Two down, one to go.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Last day of IRR is May 31st, 2016.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Baby don't be like that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
IRR Major is the silliest title ever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Season 2 was cool.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Crimson tide owns

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Please ensure Roscoe will have adequate cooling :ohdear:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Anyone wanna go in on a '82 Blackhawk?!
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucdsclnk?sl=91QSCI15270603

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

no but i see a ton of people get out of the military and refuse to use the gi bill

i laugh at them like i do this guy

http://gawker.com/man-who-would-rather-go-blind-than-get-obamacare-now-go-1704019495

What why?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Goddamnit. I miss those guys.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

Well, that's it, that's probably gonna be the most hilarious poo poo I read this week.

Three big reasons I've heard

1/ Because it's welfare!!1! Then promptly goes on unemployment then tries to scam va disability benefits.
2/ Schools are "too liberal" they don't want to end up like "that".
3/ Conspiracy theory reasons, ie. The government tracks you, you'll be put on a list where you can't own guns, you'll never get one of those sweet government contractor jobs

That owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
69'd^2

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

that seems like a good way to actually get a job using her law degree :shrug:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Imagine that I posted that picture of my lawyer friend who's $340,000 in debt from student loans.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
She had a good butt and a strong titty game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ex Machina is excellent. Makes a helluva double feature with Blade Runner.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Interstellar and Pacific Rim were the only movies worth a poo poo in true IMAX 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Online courses own. I try to take at least half of my credits online.

• Locked thread