Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Twin brothers Peder and Steen Mondrup were born three-months premature, but that didn’t stop them from doing something absolutely incredible together. Side-by-side, the two became triathletes. Even the wheelchair-bound Peder’s cerebral palsy hasn’t gotten in the way of their athletic aspirations.

Together, the brothers competed in the KMD Ironman Copenhagen Challenge. As Team Tvilling (Team Twin, in English) the two finished one of the more difficult races the world has to offer. You’ve got to see how they were able to do it!

Peder and Steen before the event begins. If they have any pre-race nerves, I certainly can't tell!

The race beings with a 3.8 KM swim. Steen pulls Peder along with him in a raft.

Looks like they're off to a great start.

Now that the swimming portion is through, Steen and Peder head towards the bikes.

Together, they ride a specially-made bicycle that can accommodate two riders.

That looks like one steep hill.

After the ride is the running. Steen pushes Peder in his wheelchair.

As you can see, it's a long race.

But that didn't stop them from finishing!

Time to celebrate a job well done, fellas!

No matter what obstacles you have in front of you... you can overcome them! Just use these amazing twins as an example. Share their incredible story with others by clicking "reply" to bump this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

omg i can't believe that happened op

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Has anyone asked the guy who can't move or talk if he wanted to be strapped to an inflatable raft and dragged across the sea?

What if he just wanted to sit on the couch and watch some blonde twin girls get Lizzie with each other on the Internet? No instead they strap him into a loving chair and run his rear end around for 2 days.

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
just like irl, family is a burden that you're obligated to drag along with you

kill you're famil

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

haha look at that stupid motherfucker in the boat ahaha

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
Peder is one lazy human being, goddamn

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
I will bet $50 that the vegetative husk of failed genetics literally cannot shut the gently caress up about Jesus helping him through life

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
"life"

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

Can't... stop.... laughing

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Haha loving finally a new weekend at bernies movie

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Bokito posted:

Can't... stop.... laughing

He looks so excited...

Or dead.

Either one.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Clever way to smuggle in steroids.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
"As we have always said, Steen got the legs and Peder got the brains," the twins wrote on their website, according to the Daily Mirror. "So we are the perfect combination for an athlete with iron will.”

On Sunday, the 34-year-old, who has cerebral palsy, became the first person with the disorder to complete an Ironman triathlon, the Local reported. He completed KMD Ironman Copenhagen after 15 hours, 32 minutes and 48 seconds with the help of his twin brother, Steen.

"For the first time, I felt like the person I see myself as," Peder told The Local.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Oh. They're doing a remake of Basket Case?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The athletic twin stole the others strength in a dark ritual in the womb. He has to drag him around everywhere in order to maintain the flow of power.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
The brother with palsy just looks like hes going "Ooooh god ooh no help me.... theres more? oh god no... not the boat please...."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if the palsy brother actually claims to have done an ironman hes a shithead

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

perfectly abled people are allowed to watch netflix. this is cruel

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I wonder if anyone finished after them.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Not only that but he beat other people in the race

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
right? this palsy guy claiming all that credit. really ruining the sport imo

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Was hoping for a thread about tits. Jerked off anyway.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i'm so fansy

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
gonna tortrue some retards by putting him in a canoe haha

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Weekend at Peder's

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

inspirational story and all but you gotta think it's weird for the both of them being (presumably) identical twins

the healthy one sees what he'd be like as a disabled man
the disabled one sees what he'd be like as a healthy man

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

really makes you think

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dont get why theyd bother to keep a guy thats so far gone. just euth him and get another, less permanently traumatized twin brother.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
this gimmick is stupid and boring plz stop op your ruining gbs!!!!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Steen

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Really now. Being hauled around like a sack of potatoes does NOT, by any sane standard, qualify as overcoming or achieving anything worth a crap.

Completing an Ironman challenge while pushing/dragging a whole extra person in dead weight, on the other hand...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fansy posted:

"As we have always said, Steen got the legs and Peder got the brains," the twins wrote on their website, according to the Daily Mirror. "So we are the perfect combination for an athlete with iron will.”

also, that is a terrible loving thing to say. why does the healthy one have to be dumb to make the dead weight feel better? he obviously has iron will all on his own to do something that grueling with no assistance. like, why are they trying to make it seem like steen is a half-wit who couldnt have done it on his own?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Serious Frolicking posted:

also, that is a terrible loving thing to say. why does the healthy one have to be dumb to make the dead weight feel better? he obviously has iron will all on his own to do something that grueling with no assistance. like, why are they trying to make it seem like steen is a half-wit who couldnt have done it on his own?

Smart people eat their twin in the womb.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
so the healthy guy finished an ironman competition with the equivalent of a sack of potatos on his back

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
LOL. NO OP. JUST NO.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
The lesson is that if you are deficient, you must saddle someone else with the responsability of carrying you through the finishing line?

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Broenheim posted:

this gimmick is stupid and boring plz stop op your ruining gbs!!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

did gawker media become sentient and register an sa account or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahns
Feb 15, 2008
My ass belongs to peo
This actually reminds me of the guy with muscular dystrophy ran the boston marathon recently.

https://youtu.be/eVRyx-yQ7wI

At least he finished under his own power. :colbert:

• Locked thread