Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
man bape i love you but i hate you

just go take like a hundred or so pictures of your car and just put em on here without any commentary or anything im jonesin for a look at all the cool details etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why would you hate me my good pal welcome 2 clown town

Also could someone send me £1000 for some cool carbon seats thank u in advance

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Seminal Flu posted:

Fuckin' better than a burnout, right there.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
For real. If I was flush with cash I'd love to do to my 46M what you've done. Keep its rolling dude.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'll do a burnout calm your tits :buddy:

Here is a short video on the dyno. iPhones are shite when it's loud. You get the idea though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyU1H983QQ

Sadi posted:

For real. If I was flush with cash I'd love to do to my 46M what you've done. Keep its rolling dude.

Haha thanks man glad you like it. This is me.

I made 500hp and 575nm. That's on a stingy dyno on crap fuel with no miles. I'll run it again in the summer on 99ron and see where we're at. Exciting stuff!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bape Culture posted:

I made 500hp and 575nm. That's on a stingy dyno on crap fuel with no miles. I'll run it again in the summer on 99ron and see where we're at. Exciting stuff!

I'm not going to ask you to talk about money directly, but I assume this conversion has stood you less than a new (or as-new rebuilt) 6-pot taken up to the same level?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

InitialDave posted:

I'm not going to ask you to talk about money directly, but I assume this conversion has stood you less than a new (or as-new rebuilt) 6-pot taken up to the same level?

I'm sure I saw a mental 450hp stroked S54 and it was £70k.

In reality I looked at the supercharger kits that are around. I needed a whole new block. Break down was roughly the same as this once you've done a forged bottom end. And that's with a 100k block. I don't think I'd be able to trust a FI S54 either and it was much much heavier and more complicated.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

I'm sure I saw a mental 450hp stroked S54 and it was £70k.

In reality I looked at the supercharger kits that are around. I needed a whole new block. Break down was roughly the same as this once you've done a forged bottom end. And that's with a 100k block. I don't think I'd be able to trust a FI S54 either and it was much much heavier and more complicated.

You know... they make superchargers for LS motors. :D

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

You know... they make superchargers for LS motors. :D

Hahaha don't tempt me! It doesn't need any more power for a long while I don't think!

How can I turn the cool big flame pops into a cool gif :mrgw:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
rip Bape

he was burned to death by his cool gif. At least something did a burnout

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

thought about burnouts and died.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Right then time for a little update.

Last time I posted I was driving around bedding in the engine on a lumpy as hell base map. Also I was pretty overwhelmed by the car.

Since then I've had it mapped by the mega talented Emerald crew.

It made just shy of 500hp on 95RON. We decided to map it this way because I'm going to be taking it on trips and it's better to be tuned for this and able to run on 95 in Scotland/France than blow it up just for the sake of a slight performance edge. We think in reality now it's run in and being run on 99 it's getting on for 530ish HP. Which is probably enough to be honest. So much torque it's unbelievable. The only slight issue is some shunting at around 1500rpm. This is because I've used such a ridiculously aggressive cam. But that slight irritation is made better by the scream at about 7k.

Emerald also managed to implement some of my pretty tricky requests as well as TCS and SM. Even got the CSL shift lights for my gears! I absolutely cannot recommend the guys enough.

This also happens in my track map haha:

Short video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRqyT1ADSdc/?taken-by=a5h_87

Sport button switchable maps here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSoztq3jUmi/?taken-by=a5h_87

Dave Walker wrote a little bit about my car in last month's PPC mag too. Which was nice.

Another magazine all the way from sunny JAPAN spotted my little M3 in the corner of a mate's workshop while she was parked up waiting for me to collect and decided that they needed to feature her. A quick wash and polish and then all ready to make me an international sensation (of probably 10 people who like good wheels and ruined cars!) I'm absolutely buzzing the see the pictures. I think they're due in July! Quite an honour that they were struck by it when it's parked among GT3s and stanced out Lambos tbh!

So since this has all been done, I'm just getting to grips with it. Lots of pointless drives and fuel wasted made me realise I needed to pickup a daily. I seem to get around 10mpg if I'm not on a big run haha!

I decided to grab a R27 Clio with a view of it being a perfect, but fun, runaround. Unfortunately for me, the bottom end went just 2 hours into ownership! There seems to be a theme in this thread! So we pulled that engine out and grabbed another which went back in without too much hassle. I also realised it was worth doing the clutch at the same time. Imagine my surprise when the little Clio's clutch cost more than the huge LS7 setup I run in the M!

This dampened my love of cars for a couple of weeks but as the weather started improving, so did my mood. Couple of little blasts out and clean's with friends had me feeling like Dominic Toretto.

It was during one of these sunny, beered days we decided we should do a proper roadtrip, and just like that, hotels in the North of Scotland were booked for a NC500 trip. 3 M3s, a 911, a megane cup and a S2000. Next week we embark on this trip to see some of the absolute best scenery in the UK. Very excited!

The sun also inspired me to get my TE37s refurbished and sold. While doing this I realised it would be incredibly rude not to try on the BBS wheels!

Perfect! Probably even room for another 15mm of dish.

Also had a run down to Stuttgart Classica's Porsche open day in the Cotswolds. Beautiful day out and got to catch up with some people I've really missed.

Essentially, I'm over the moon. NC500 next week and then a plethora of track days to follow! A friend with a certain Nurburgring famous Golf is also very interested to get out in it. Hopefully this leads to us building 2x very, very silly cars and getting round the ring faster than most! :D

Only gremlin I'm currently encountering is a fuse in my ignition system. Will hopefully have resolved pretty soon! Other than that, never skipped a beat. Lent it to a pal with the blue S54 circuit car above and he was absolutely blown away.

Suppose I should think about fitting this cage, some intrax and the aero once I've booked some track days!

Will Scotland be the perfect location for a burnout? Will I somehow get even more speeding tickets in the clio? Will I be mercilessly trolled in my own thread?! Stay tuned to find out!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Fake and gay.
jk

Whats the NC500 thing? Also is the nurburgring golf guy the one with the silver mkii with a turbo on PH? Also what trackdays are you doing? I've keep getting caught up with work and poo poo to sort out my car properly which is annoying as I feel like i've missed a bunch of days I wanted to do.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
A roadtrip sounds super dope. BMW is coming along great.

More on the Clio, please.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

Fake and gay.
jk

Whats the NC500 thing? Also is the nurburgring golf guy the one with the silver mkii with a turbo on PH? Also what trackdays are you doing? I've keep getting caught up with work and poo poo to sort out my car properly which is annoying as I feel like i've missed a bunch of days I wanted to do.

An unbelievably sexy 5 day jaunt around the coasts of Scotland!
We're staying in a bunch of castles and exploring distilleries etc. Can't wait!

Yeah my boy Nige is the one. You can read all about the golf here: http://pinderwagen.com
If he does the same it's gonna be great. Such a clever bloke and we can fab just about anything you can think of betweeen us.

I want to go to Bedford again and also do Caldwell once im slightly comfortable with the car. No run off! Let me know if you see anything cool tho!

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Car sounds great! Some great roads on the NC500, particularly the west coast side. The Garve to Lochcarron is a brilliant fast road but be aware that it's probably the most policed part of the road aside from the a9.

If you've got time on the way up and down I'd consider making a detour to cut down on the a9 monotony.

The B9176 Bonar Bridge to Alness road is a good detour if you are sick of the a9 on the east side, and it's worth taking a quick drive along the A832 Glen Docherty road to Achnasheen when you are in a Kinlochewe. Both are great roads and with excellent views.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

An unbelievably sexy 5 day jaunt around the coasts of Scotland!
We're staying in a bunch of castles and exploring distilleries etc. Can't wait!

Yeah my boy Nige is the one. You can read all about the golf here: http://pinderwagen.com
If he does the same it's gonna be great. Such a clever bloke and we can fab just about anything you can think of betweeen us.

I want to go to Bedford again and also do Caldwell once im slightly comfortable with the car. No run off! Let me know if you see anything cool tho!

Lol yea thats the guy, every time I read his threads i'm like drat he just fixes everything at the track lol. I'd def do bedford again but I feel like youd love donnington, bit more dicey but some lovely fast sweepers and nice amounts of elevation. Aren't you in the midlands? Shouldn't be too bad for you to get to either.

I've got to go back to scotland, so many nice roads tho i'm well jell.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Awesome loving thread with awesome loving cars. gj a5h. Now stop being fake and gay.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Fuuuuuuuuck 👌🏻

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ash will never stop being fake and gay

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
I think the very genesis of automotive insanity is some form of Scotland or "because Scotland" similarly to "because racecar".

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bape Culture posted:

This dampened my love of cars for a couple of weeks but as the weather started improving, so did my mood. Couple of little blasts out and clean's with friends had me feeling like Dominic Toretto.
Just don't die like Paul Walker, please.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Did I see a Driftworks-related video recently where some dude smokes the clutch in an RX8 where you were being harassed in the comments to do a burnout?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Car was perfect on the NC500 trip other than I think the steering UJ overheating at times! Need to get photos off phone and do a proper write up :)

Gave her a polish before we went for a treat:

Seminal Flu posted:

Awesome loving thread with awesome loving cars. gj a5h. Now stop being fake and gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGV5WPiOqUw

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Did I see a Driftworks-related video recently where some dude smokes the clutch in an RX8 where you were being harassed in the comments to do a burnout?

Probably haha. I'm in some of the dw vids too. I'm the northern one.

LVMH have still not got back to me about promoting their collab with supreme which is some bullshit!!!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Seminal Flu posted:

That'll do.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Is this thread over?

No! More Bape!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
rip bape

he did one burnout

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
wait, what

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
He aitn't ded.

I think.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

He's been postin on the 'gram so I'm pretty sure he's around or the ghost of ba5hpe is still haunting the internets

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
666 license plate = he's definitely deceased from lack of burnouts

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

He's been postin on the 'gram so I'm pretty sure he's around or the ghost of ba5hpe is still haunting the internets

He isn't dead, his posting is going the way of Boro's season.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Except bape is in jolly ol england, not cali. It is a nice car though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

Is this thread over?

No! More Bape!

Lmao.

Hello gents I’m very much alive!

I’ve been Scotland, Singapore, Maldives and Portugal in the past few weeks and heading out to the ring next week. As a result I’ve not had chance to write anything up! I will try and do it ASAP.

Updates;

Tyre sponsor
917 gear shifter
New seats
Some interior trim
New wheels on
Many miles covered
I want to buy an arnage and quad turbo LS it

Stay tuned and thanks for missing me you guys :buddy:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

I want to buy an arnage and quad turbo LS it

*cue heavy breathing*

Its like a 350 chevy swapped jag, but even more vulgar. :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bape Culture posted:

Updates;

Tyre sponsor

Time for that burnout vid for Driftworks then eh?

• Locked thread