Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gyshall posted:

Charles "Jesus Christ" Sims

Or maybe it's just getting Rainey in Tampa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Also, as a podcast update since that post is like two years old.

Shutdown Corner: No longer hosted by Cossell. Sever.

Under the Helmet: Chad Parsons moved from DLF to his own site (uthdynasty) and his podcast went premium. I wasn't impressed with my UTH subscription last year and the cost went way up this year, so he can just go to hell.

PFF's lineup: These all got merged into a single show ("the fantasy slant") you can subscribe to (and the hosts just change day to day with the same content it used to have). Major downgrade since I can't just subscribe to the Nickle anymore and instead have to download everything. MY BANDWIDTH

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Brady disappearing basically nukes all of New England's fantasy value.

There's rumors they're gonna bring in Matt Flynn though, so all is well

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone think there's any chance of Benny Cunningham or Lance Dunbar doing anything this year (or ever again)? Someone's offered them to me in my dyansty league for my only good DE so I'm disinclined to take it anyway, but figured I'd see what people thought of the two.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

So Gronk is a mid-second rounder now?

All I know is I'm real glad about that 4 game number for Brady. I have Brady/Bridgewater on my dynasty team and with a week 4/5 bye respectively I was a little panicked about what I was going to do at QB (16 team league, large rosters, so even guys like Garrett Gilbert are already rostered)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pick up to 5 to drop from this list for a rookie draft.

12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WRT, 1 K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 1 Dflex

Derek Carr QB OAK
Ryan Tannehill QB MIA
Tony Romo QB DAL
Ben Tate RB PIT
Bishop Sankey RB TEN
Matt Forte RB CHI
Shane Vereen RB NYG
Stevan Ridley RB NYJ
A. J. Green WR CIN
Charles Johnson WR MIN
Cordarrelle Patterson WR MIN
Golden Tate WR DET
Jordan Matthews WR PHI
Jordy Nelson WR GB
Kendall Wright WR TEN
Paul Richardson WR SEA
Philly Brown WR CAR
Jace Amaro TE NYJ
Travis Kelce TE KC
Cody Parkey K PHI
James Ihedigbo DB DET
Kemal Ishmael DB ATL
Charles Johnson DL CAR
Muhammad Wilkerson DL NYJ
Rob Ninkovich DL NE
Avery Williamson LB TEN
Brian Cushing LB HOU
Luke Kuechly LB CAR
Paul Posluszny LB JAC
Paul Worrilow LB ATL

At present I'm considering jettisoning:

Worrilow (he's had some good times the last couple years, but there's a lot of competition there now and he's a bad football man)
Cushing (always hurt)
Philly Brown
Kemal Ishmael

Anyone still think Ridley is worth keeping around given there's like 73 RBs in NY? Should I just punt on Patterson since I really have enough WR as it is anyway? Just dump both DBs? Should I just get rid of Carr (or trade Tony?)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think Kelce went as the third TE in our current goon mock draft

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Forever_Peace posted:

This is the breakout year for C.J. Fiedorowicz, I can feel it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Actually, the real sleeper is Mycole Pruitt. Step aside Kyle Rudolph

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

Please never mention Josh Gordon again, tia.

But he's this year's Justin Blackmon!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

drizzle posted:

Abdullah went 1.04 in our rookie draft today :eyepop:

Was going to trade my 2.01 for 1.09 if he was still there but he went way earlier than i thought. I bet this dude's ADP will surpass Gordon's at some point before the season.

Went 14th in mine, but that's with weirdos that took winston/mariota and a defensive end of all things 11-13

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

Jamey Eisenberg was talking about him as a top-25 back. I imagine it's going to get worse (higher ADP) from there. Does nobody remember Bishop Sankey?

Sankey was never a good running back tho. He was a mediocre back in a great situation and ended up being more mediocre than their other options.

:mediocre:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Metapod posted:

the thing with sankey was that whiz wouldn't give him consistent carries because gotta give greene the ball and the oline was really really hurt last season. he would one or two carries then whiz would switch hbs so he couldn't get in a groove

i will defend sankey forever :colbert:

Hey man, he's on my dynasty team so I'm all aboard the "Get better Sankey" train

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, help me out with my dynasty draft here. Do I take: Garret Grayson who is awesome and could totally replace Brees some day (and stashable on my taxi squad), or Tyrod Taylor, who could potentially beat out Matt Cassel and be at least a cool dude this year.

I have Brady and Bridgewater and we're late in the 6th round of a 16 team/8 round rookie/fa draft.

I also want to grab MyCole Pruitt at some point because I love any TE that Norv loves, but he will probably last.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Metapod posted:

Miller is good but doesn't get high usage because of dipshit coach so y'all have been warned

See also: Saints running backs

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What do people think of Josh Huff this year? Someone has offered me Huff for DeAndre Smelter (who is on my taxi squad and not really taking up roster space). I vaguely need WR but I don't know that Huff is really the answer.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm gonna continue posting to this thread because nobody else is:

Dynasty trade, .5 ppr 2RB/2WR/1WRT:

My:
AJ Green
2015 2nd round pick (which is dumb because we're already in the 4th and I would counter without it anyway)

His:
Eddie Lacy

My WR/RB:

Matt Forte
Shane Vereen
Bishop Sankey
Stevan Ridley
Ameer Abdulla
(so I could probably use the RB)

AJ Green
Jordy Nelson
Golden Tate
Jordan Matthews
Kendall Wright
Charles Johnson
Paul Richardson
Chris Conley

Overall I could probably soak the loss of AJ. What do people think of a straight Lacy/Green swap?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Good luck starting Jonas Gray as your RB1

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pangstrom posted:

Who is their rb3 I gotta get in on that

We all know Bobby Rainey is going to have the most points again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are suspended players allowed to attend training camp?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
There are Browns I'd consider drafting in IDP

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

BeerSheets helped me beat Beer in the C4C league. Hoisted by your own petard, eh Beer! (Whatever a petard is)

It's a bomb from the 15 or 1600s

quote:

You gonna do anything with Reddit for free still?

You mean football gold wasn't an April fools joke? :aaaaa:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone play in an IDP only league? I'm setting one up this year on Yahoo and am looking for advice on team size, positions and scoring. I set it up already with a pretty basic setup. It's six teams, and currently I have roster spots set up like this:

LB - 2
DT - 1
DE - 1
CB - 2
S - 1
Flex - 2
Bench - 3

Scoring is pretty much standard Yahoo scoring right now. I'm open to suggestions on everything.

Obama Yo Mama runs one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658712

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doppelganger posted:

I'm seriously leaning towards not playing ANY fantasy football leagues this year. Just relax on sundays, don't worry about the Dolphins' WR depth, and enjoy my Saints.

You gotta go the opposite route and get into 30 leagues so you can't possibly care about any one of them enough to ruin your Sundays

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

89 posted:

Kenny Britt is gonna be big this year with Nick Folds hitting those deep balls.

But enough about gay marriage

:downsrim:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

railroad terror posted:

Why would you do this to yourself

I like it better than Yahoo. I'm in two yahoo leagues and I'm tempted to drop them both simply because they're on Yahoo. Can't stand the interface.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
People seem to base their good/bad opinions solely on the phone app interfaces. ESPN's is apparently bad and Yahoo's is apparently good. I exclusively use the normal browser interfaces and ESPN is the best for that imo.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I agree, ESP would make Fantasy Football a lot better

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If I were to set up an RSO mock draft, would anyone be interested in trying it out?

http://www.realitysportsonline.com/RSOLanding.aspx

The caveat here is that it is a live auction draft, so we'd need to schedule a time when people have a few hours to do it. The process isn't like a normal auction draft, you offer players contracts and they have some algorithm in the backend that determines how highly the player values that contract and whoever offers the most intriguing mix of dollars and years gets the player.

I've never actually done one, so it'll be an adventure.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

The Audible is headed by megadouche insufferable rear end in a top hat Cecil Lammey and also its like 1/3 to 1/2 Broncos and is single handedly responsible for anyone drafting Cody Latimer last year.

David Dodds is also a dick bag so gently caress FBG in general. Sigmund Bloom seems pretty cool though.

Cecil is one of the Broncos' beat writers. You basically need to disregard everything he says about them just like every report during mini camps

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
For all you IDP fans, FBG just updated most of their offseason IDP content:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article-list.php?cat=IDP

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cervixalot posted:

Question for the MFL/Dynasty gurus out there:

I'm commish for a dynasty startup this year, and we're doing a startup auction draft for all players (including rookies) and starting our first rookie draft in 2016. Is it possibly to temporary expand rosters to allow for a rookie draft on MyFantasyLeague, and then force people to cut players to get down to the original size? So, let's say we're doing 24 man rosters and do a 4-round rookie draft. Would we expand our rosters to 28 for the rookie draft, and cut back down to 24 after the draft and forcing owners to each cut 4 players? Or is there a better way to handle rookie draft/free agent cuts that anyone would recommend?

A better question is: Can you tell MFL to NOT allow you to go over roster limits during the draft? I think it defaults to a soft cap.

My main league does it this way:

Regular season rosters: 43 (35 + 8 taxi squad)
Offseason: 48 (40+8 taxi)
Week after the NFL draft we do an 8 round rookie draft, rosters can expand to whatever at this point.
Week 4 of preseason: Rosters must be back at 43 and taxi squad is locked for the year (you can take people out but not put new rookies in)
Until such a time as you are at or below the roster limit, waivers/etc are forbidden.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe Wright and hope Mariota is the second coming?

Or Charles Johnson and hope it isn't all hype

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pitta isn't medically cleared yet and may never be

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm in a league with a team projecting to start Cutler, TRich, Doug Martin, Roddy White, Colston, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, and Fleener...and our start up draft was this spring :downs:

Which of those was your first rounder

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Papes posted:

I don't think miller or obj are being drafted that high honestly. I probably won't own many shares but I don't think their adp is outrageous.

obj's adp is 7. Ahead of known studs like Dez. That's pretty outrageous.

The most interesting part of that article to me was that the Rotoworld guys are starting a podcast.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Varg posted:

RG3 ruined RG3.. I knew he was gonna be a bust before he was drafted, where's my NFL analyst job?

I said the same thing about trich! We're obviously geniuses.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cervixalot posted:

Legarette Blount failed his conditioning test at camp yesterday, so now's your chance to use a late round flier on Jonas Grey or James White before their ADP jumps.

That said, drafting a NE RB is never a good idea.

If there's one source of news I trust above all others, it's a Patriots medical report

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doltos posted:

Forsett is due for a regression, most of his success was due to teams not gameplanning for him, rightfully.

I'd say his regression is going to be more due to the lack of Kubiak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leperflesh posted:

I guess because if you don't, you'll have a total of six kickers to try to steam all season?

Or it'll be like Blounts (12 team 1 qb) where multiple teams have 4+ qbs just to stop people having a backup

• Locked thread