Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Here we go again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Varg posted:

you're missing the slow draft that you forgot you signed up for! ;) check the other thread

Bah. Twas a big sports weekend; I'm still recovering and only just stumbled into work. Sorry to slow things down!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Why would you want to draft a QB that will be suspended for the entire year :colbert:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
A bad joke

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
No need to remember a landing page when you never close your twenty fantasy tabs

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

jabro posted:

I am just going to bed right now and too drunk to say how completely wrong this is but Lacy is a top 3 pick. Someone else will jump beforehand to say why but if not I will when I wake up. But really what the gently caress.

Nah, he's right. Lacy has an ADP of 1.13 on one site. Like you said in your post, top picks are WRs because of their shelf lives: OBJ, Dez, Mike Evans, Brown

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
First draft is in three hours :derp:

This league's doing no free agency until the start of the season which, for a league drafting this early, puts a lot of extra pressure on the last couple of rounds.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'd normally be down with that plan, but I think the ESPN draft tool requires you to fill out your roster. I guess I'll find out soon!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
14 teams, .5 ppr

QB: Dalton
RB: Forte, L. Murray, Spiller, A. Foster, L. Dunbar
WR: AJ Green, Cooks, Charles Johnson, J. Brown, K. Stills, E. Royal
TE: Cameron

Dunno how to feel about this. Ok I guess.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Spoeank posted:

You literally could not have a usable RB2 by week four. :stonk:

cheese posted:

Yikes, I hate this team :ohdear: Forte is a PPR monster but his receptions are likely to go way down and your top two WR's were injury plagued last season

old dog child posted:

I'm higher on Forte than others* and think Murray will do well as a RB2, at worse he'll be a flex option. Spiller could pay off big so he's worth the risk. If you can survive until Foster is back, then you're set. Your WRs are...not great, but I wouldn't worry about that since WR depth is easier to fix during the season. Ditch Dalton and pick up ANYBODY ELSE. After last year, never again. gently caress the red retard. TE is TE but I'd ditch him the moment you found someone even slightly better.

*Cutler is still the Bears QB, after all, and Fox won't be dumb enough to force the ball where it can't go

Ty1990 posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but I don't think this is awful. Your WR depth isn't there but you probably used a pick on Foster that would otherwise have built that up and if that pays off you're in amazing shape. Your top 2 WR's are pretty nice too.

I see no issue with your running backs. Spiller would have been better in a full PPR league but he's not a bad 3rd back at all. I think your top 2 are pretty solid although Murray is a bit of a risk. All signs point to him getting the volume to make it happen though.

Andy Dalton sucks rear end but I'm thinking you know that already and are probably going the streaming route or you'll be paying him with a really short leash. I'm guessing you waited and waited and waited on a QB and then got hit with a rush of them in 1 round and got caught with your pants down. It happens. The bright side is that if Dalton is able to swing a top 10-12 season (not crazy at all) then you have yourself a nice pairing between him and Green, so of all the lovely QB's left when you took him you probably made the best choice.

Not bad for a 14 team league in my opinion.

Thanks for all the responses. Now that I've had a chance to sober up, I really don't think it's that bad for a 14 person league. AJ Green had a few setbacks last year but I wouldn't consider him injury prone. Brandin Cooks broke his hand -- not a recurring injury -- and all signs point to becoming a target monster in that offense.

L Murray, CJ Spiller, and A. Foster are all risky as RB2s, but I consider them pretty decent value at 4th - 6th round picks. Spiller was a bit of a knee-jerk pick as I thought I'd be taking Kelce in the 5th (but he got snagged right in front of me).

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
On a different note, GoonTier is looking for one new owner: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735071

:20bux: .5 ppr & IDP, redraft but top 3 winners get promoted into a keeper league the following year. Draft to be held at 10 PM EST on Sept 6th.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
What do we know about Terron Ward? He's getting first team reps with Atlanta but he's an UDFA so of course he's not in ESPN's player database

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Good god, that's quite an avatar for uh... fantasy football opinions.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Drew Brees 1.01 in points per completion

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

railroad terror posted:

Just did my first draft too. 12 team PPR, 2RB 2 WR 2 flex 1QB TE.

Aaron Rodgers

LeSean McCoy, Latavius Murray, LaGarette Blount, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead, Jonas Gray

Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Pierre Garcon, Davante Adams, Marques Colston, Eddie Royal

Greg Olsen

AB, McCoy, and Rodgers your first 3 rounds couldn't have gone any better. Don't love the guys you'd be starting at FLEX (except Royal, betting he has a good year) but I'm guessing you'll be fine with decent waiver additions. Enjoy the playoffs!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Kevin White's fantasy sleeper season is ending before it begins

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Best last round pick I've made

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
You can create a new dummy league of you want to 'mock' an ESPN auction draft with your friends. Otherwise it's the public draft rooms

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TubeStank posted:

Is there a goon league orphans thread or anything like that? I've been trying to jump into a league for a couple of years but they all fill up so quick and I don't really have the time to run another :sigh:

GoonTier has a slot open

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735071&perpage=40

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TubeStank posted:

Thanks for the head's up! Would I be joining totally new or taking over for someone?

Brand new, in the redraft tier. Also, FYI, the league uses IDP (don't know if that's your jam - but it should be )

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Pretty much, yeah

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
drat it. Now I'm actually giving consideration to trading for Sankey. Look what you've done!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

shitbutt cockfag posted:

Available for pickup:

LaFell
Sankey
Knile Davis
Quick
Royal

I'm looking at dropping Colston from my bench, who has the most potential out of these? I'm thinking LaFell personally, even though I don't need any more WRs. 10 team 0ppr

Definitely take Sankey until he proves himself ineffective again.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Tyrod will be starting for me

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

RCarr posted:

Hey Beer, any idea where we should plug in guys like Adams and Funchess now that Jordy and Kelvin are hurt?

I have my 10 team non-ppr draft tonight and I'm wondering how far up to move them. Standard scoring, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex.

Thanks in advance!

Adams is hard to predict. He's been going as high as the 3rd round in some mocks. I'd be hard pressed to draft him before the 5th myself.

Funchess has been going ~7th, 8th rd

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
.. nevermind, covered

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Optimism with Arian Foster's return!

quote:

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports Arian Foster (groin surgery) would resume playing by late September in a "best case scenario."
This could happen if Foster avoids setback in his rehab, per Wilson's sources. After initial reports suggested Foster was headed for injured reserve-designated for return -- a mechanism that would cost him at least the first eight games -- it now appears Foster could escape missing only the first 2-4 weeks of the season. The Texans have a September 27 date with the Buccaneers. It's possible that will be Foster's target date.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I see no reason not to, especially in a 3 WR league

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Show us the rest of your potential keepers.

It's a little silly because you can likely just redraft him a couple rounds later anyway. But as a precaution, you're not really losing much if you really wanna do it.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Nah

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Azhais posted:

No, I don't run any leagues.

Might be worth clearing all of your ESPN cookies, maybe something is just messed up.

Unfortunately what he's describing is 100% the new normal for LMs on ESPN. Very annoying.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
The reasoning behind rewarding 0.5 points per rushing attempt is beyond me

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Bleacherreport saying Foster could be back between weeks 2-4

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Forever_Peace posted:

My wheaton prediction now looks a little less impressive.

ALL ABOARD THE SAMMIE COATES HYPE TRAIN WOOOOOOO

On the other hand your Perriman prediction suffered a setback today

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Wait what

Your league no longer gives QBs points for ANY yardage?

E: missed that last line. Ok. Hard to say how anything is affected without the values

And yes it's a total dick move. gently caress him. Call him out in front of the rest of the league

Zypher fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 27, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Can you give us a screenshot of the scoring settings page?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Who?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Franks Happy Place posted:

On the other hand, Travis Kelce ain't getting poo poo. :mad:

Got some love now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Franks Happy Place posted:

Now that is a grown man. My mancrush is without limit.

• Locked thread