Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Best thread title. Let's do this.

Which pick do I use on Charles Sims? 1.01 or 0.01?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jose Valasquez posted:

This is the year for Kyle Rudolph. TE sleeper pick of the year, count on it.

Yessss

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm at a complete loss with what I'm going to do with Ellington. I'm keeping Jeremy Hill for an 8th and can keep AE for a 10th but drat he's fragile. Apparently they've made the line better so maybe he'll have better blocking this year?

Assuming you have no better options I think AE is worth a dice roll at that price.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bryant is the man there not AE.

Edit: my favorite MB fact that doesn't make sense but kinda does is he had more FPPG last season than Kelvin Benjamin (9.9 to 8.9375 according to my back of napkin math)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 4, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I had Wilson as my #3 QB (Luck/Rodgers/Wilson) and apparently so does ESPN so what I'm saying is I guess I need a new #3...?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

District Selectman posted:

How much better would you feel with Wilson over like the next 10 guys? I wouldn't be mad if he fell to me, but I'll be damned if I target Russell Wilson. Brees and Manning feel like higher floor, safer picks. Cam, Tannehill, Stafford, Bradford, and Kaep all have much higher ceilings.

I'm excited for Abdullah in Detroit and Agholor in Philly. I'll probably go for Jordan Matthews too. Riley Cooper is hot garbage, and whoever is the #1 receiver is fantasy gold.

How do you figure Brees and Manning have higher floors?

Brees: Lost Stills, lost Graham. Draft picks/trade for Unger indicate a turn towards the running game. He's quickly running out of targets and the team is indicating a change to a run-first attitude.
Manning: He's old as poo poo, was destroyed by an injury last season, and is 39. You don't not get injured at 39. He has one of the lower floors of the top ten because he can basically die on the field at any point.

Wilson's rushing yards puts his floor higher than the them. His shiftiness and trading away the only non-poo poo piece of that offensive line means more scrambles and more yards.

Bradford will have a high ceiling for the 6 games he plays, yes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Big Ben ain't making it to rounds 9-11 in any draft I'm in. It's going 6 WR/RB and then Big Ben.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

So Gronk is a mid-second rounder now?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I think if you're a not-as-good QB in a Bill Belichick offense that changes weekly you get the ball taken out of your hands. Also you've never started a game before and are taking over for one of the best in the game. That offense is going to lose a ton of passing opportunities.

And semantics it's 4 of 15 unless you play in a garbo week 17 league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DMC is going to severely test the idea that anyone can run behind that line. He bad football man.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I write dumb little things for a website for writing practice for fantasy sports and people in my league ask me advice because of it. It's so weird and I just give vague non-answers.

Especially since I'm Not Too Great at fantasy sports (compared to goons). It's all stabs in the dark, anyway.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My gut tells me to keep John Brown over Lorenzo Taliaferro but you're cutting a ton of RBs and those you're left with are a mess so you may have to keep Taliaferro just in case.

Edit: totally missed Kenny Britt. I agree. He's trash poop, pick another NFC West WR (I choose Brown)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 16, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

And then Bishop Sankey's. Because Bishop Sankey is not very good at football.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Snarky quips from bored news desk guys are one of the underrated aspects of sports coverage.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Studfeld*

Anyway all TEs are just varying levels of inconsistent suck except Gronk and Graham so throw em in a blender gently caress it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gyshall posted:

The Abdullah hype train is going to go off the rails at some point - I love him, but who knows what that situation could be like. (fantasy_drafts_in_may.txt)

Jamey Eisenberg was talking about him as a top-25 back. I imagine it's going to get worse (higher ADP) from there. Does nobody remember Bishop Sankey?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joique Bell's usage makes him a "young" 29 though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

:lol: if you don't take Montee Ball in the first round.

Sorry that spot is earmarked for Charles Sims.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Goddamn that's some good stuff.

Also I'm doing my fifth mock draft in five nights even though it will be useless in doing any sort of valuation. Just gotta draft.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Or you drafted correctly to begin with :colbert:

But generally my last 6 picks are gone by week 6 due to add/drops.

If you ain't churnin, you ain't tryin.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Like half of y'all lit a roster spot on fire for 2014 Josh Gordon :lol:

That's an all-time fantasy football waste of a roster spot

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Too much churnin means you need some learnin ;)

Sometimes when your matchups don't got right and the other teams are doing the burning, you get the yearning for churning :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RIP Zach Studfeld, the destitute man's pre-season Kyle Rudolph

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm doing an NFL.com league for the first time and I've never seen such dog poo poo rankings :stare:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Can everyone in Cheating for Charity play for SLPC in wheez's honor this year? I think it would be a good gesture.

Sad stuff man :smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

He suddenly passed a few weeks ago & the news just got to SA. There's a thread in TFF about it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VDay posted:

Wait it actually was an April Fool's joke after all? Their little FAQ even had a part specifically saying "This isn't an April Fool's joke." Way to not understand how April fool's works I guess.

There also was the little thing where it was posted on March 31st.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Nah Boldin is a good call. He's the #1 read, and that's all Kaep is capable of

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The vast majority of the Niners' losses were on defense or losing competition for Boldin. Even if they're a dumpster fire Boldin will produce.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I think I will have 6 leagues this year but they will at least all be on Yahoo soooo

Me too but 4 Yahoo, 1 ESPN (Cheating for Charity) and 1 NFL.com (:barf:)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

railroad terror posted:

Why would you do this to yourself

I got hyped into joining a league and I committed and then I got the invite :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pangstrom posted:

I may just be used to it but Yahoo and ESPN are both fine and I don't have any recent experience with the other ones.

Every year when it's time to start up again I have to find yahoo's ff page and it usually involves going through yahoo's other pages i.e. trying to navigate through some aggressively bad and busy design decisions.

Their fantasy landing page is easy enough to remember though: fantasysports.yahoo.com

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beware if you join the league though because halfway through the draft you slowly start to hate yourself because it's so goddamned difficult.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Question though

How do you undervalue 1.01

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It definitely shifted towards Hill towards the end of the year, but Gio still got touches & lots more targets.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Nah gently caress The Audible.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Audible is headed by megadouche insufferable rear end in a top hat Cecil Lammey and also its like 1/3 to 1/2 Broncos and is single handedly responsible for anyone drafting Cody Latimer last year.

David Dodds is also a dick bag so gently caress FBG in general. Sigmund Bloom seems pretty cool though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Azhais posted:

Cecil is one of the Broncos' beat writers. You basically need to disregard everything he says about them just like every report during mini camps

I have a personal bias against him because he got dragged into some twitter argument I was having where I said people are going to be overdrafting CJA this year and he just basically replied "no you're wrong" repeatedly when I tried to have a discussion with him. He acts like the only halfway intelligent people are the ones who agree with him. In a business where the best of the best are right 60% of the time you need to calm your rear end down. Plus his name is Cecil.

Also David Dodds called FBG competitor websites imitators so gently caress 'em all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

This is thrown around a ton. What does it mean exactly? They predict the positional rankings of 60% of the players accurately? Their projections are +/- 100 yards on 60% of players? 60% of the players they ranked as RB1 (#1-12), RB2 (#13-24), etc., are correct?

FantasyPros tracks expert accuracy and it's their methodology:

http://www.fantasypros.com/about/faq/accuracy/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spot: Claimed.

Also MFL is probably the premier no roster management website because navigating the site is a loving goddamn disaster

• Locked thread