Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Is Graham expected to be #1 at TE again this year now that he's with Seattle, or has Gronk moved up (followed by a plummet in TE value)? I used my 1.12/2.1 picks on Graham and Ball last year in the league I run and missed the championship for the first time ever and I need to be talked out of doing that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Cervixalot posted:

It's less a worry of MIN not making use of his talents and more him learning to run a route and be good at football outside of being a freakish athlete.
The Trent Richardson Story

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm trying to convince the league I commission to drop TEs since we're going 2QBs this year and TEs are awful plus we'll still have a flex spot anyway. Everybody's getting super angsty and nobody's for it. Should I just let Gronk/Graham/Kelce go and pick a TE super late in the draft?

Also: Is there a way to round points in ESPN? Like for passing yards where it's 1point/25yds, can you set it to go 13yds or above = 1 point? I think it's stupid but my league insists there's a way to do it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

toxicsunset posted:

Why on earth would you round instead of using fractional points
Basically one girl got victories overturned twice last year due to scoring adjustments and she's super mad about it. Like I said, I personally think it's stupid.

I'm just going to set it to .2 per 5 yards. There's no reason for anyone to get so pedantic about that.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RVProfootballer posted:

Rounding is the worst possible solution. Either use fractional scoring (1 yard rush/receiving = 0.1 points, 1 yard passing = 0.04 points) or use whole number scoring (9 yards rush/receiving = 0, 10 yards rush/receiving = 1, etc.). Rounding is even dumber than just using whole numbers.

My family league uses whole scoring, so 9 yards = 0 points, 10 yards = 1 point, etc. It makes scoring adjustments so much more exciting, haha.
Exactly, that's why I'm going .1 pt/yd for rush/receiving, I just hadn't decided on where to go for passing yet. I like .2/5.

Any tips on drafting TEs since it sounds like I'm gonna leave them in?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Help me choose two WRs

TY Hilton
Randall Cobb
Steve Smith Sr
Vincent Jackson
Anquan Boldin

Currently starting Smith and TY since I don't think Cobb is going to be 100 percent for a while. But with TY hurt and in a Monday night game I'm wondering if I should sub in VJax or Boldin for the weekend.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I need serious QB advice.

12-team superflex league, literally all starting quarterbacks and viable second stringers have been scooped. My RB/WR/TE corps is pretty decent, but my only quarterbacks are Teddy Bridgewater and Colin Kaepernick.

I obviously need a third QB both for bye-week reasons and because both of them are hot garbage. Who's my best bet? Is it worth dropping somebody for Vick to get me past Teddy's week 5 bye? Try and sneak a trade?

Offense roster included for reference:
Teddy Bridgewater Min - QB
Colin Kaepernick SF - QB
Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - WR
Amari Cooper Oak - WR
Doug Baldwin Sea - WR
Brandin Cooks NO - WR
Anquan Boldin SF - WR
Jamaal Charles KC - RB
Frank Gore Ind - RB
T.J. Yeldon Jax - RB
Bishop Sankey Ten - RB
Tyler Eifert Cin - TE
Kyle Rudolph Min - TE

Full roster:

And top 25 QBs available (Vick not listed)

Hazo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 29, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

gently caress me, I thought I had a good QB stack but this week is a disaster

Flacco - 7 points
Luck - Out
Roethlisberger - Out
Mariota - Bye

Looks like I'm gonna have to just eat this one (2 qb league, 4 qb max).

edit: you know what gently caress it, I'm 1-2 and 2nd on the waiver wire. Dropping Mariota for Bort because I'm dumb

Hazo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 4, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Did anybody actually start the Saints Defense or know anyone who did? They're FAs in all my leagues and I'm curious if somebody somewhere started them accidentally or unknowingly or whatever and somehow struck gold.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Two quick things:

1) I've posted in the Sit/Start threads about my QB issues (12 team superflex league with literally no FA starters left, currently own Kaep/Gabbert, Cassel, and Bridgewater). Which QB should I try going after this week with Cassel on his way out*?

Osweiler
Sanchez
Yates

I'm thinking priority goes in that order.

*Alternately, I can ignore trying to snag a junk QB this week and continue rolling with Bridgewater and Gabber-nick. What do you guys think?

2) Should I drop Prince Amukamara? He's really good but he's been hurt forever and I'm not sure the spot is worth it for 3-6 points/week.

edit: Just realized Amendola is available in my league but Aiken/Ginn/DGB/Nate aren't. :wtc: That's going to be a shitshow of waiver claims tonight.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RVProfootballer posted:

Your QBs are awful enough that you should definitely grab Osweiler and Sanchez, though priority on Osweiler like you say. Drop Amukamara for the other QB, unless it's dynasty or a very deep league, you should've dropped him awhile ago most likely.
Thanks for this. I have another piece to it I forgot to mention: Case Keenum.
Where does he fall on my awful-QB-I-need spectrum? I think my waiver priority (same player being dropped for all) should be set up as:

Osweiler
Keenum
Sanchez
Yates

Or swap Keenum and Sanchez?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

OBJ and Cooks on bye, Boldin hurt and unlikely to play, need a third WR (starting Baldwin and Amari Cooper).

Here's who's available:

ESPN has Givens, Woods, and Agholor ranked highest in the 40s but I know nothing about them.

Also: Choose QBs. Gotta be these two right?

Gabber-nick @ Seattle
Sanchez vs Tampa Bay
Bridgewater vs Green Bay

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 18, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

How did you manage to draft Megatron AND Dez AND BMarsh?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm shocked they both lasted through your first pick plus two rounds, although I remember the OBJ/Brown/TY/Green hype trains were pretty huge too.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Reposting but is it worth benching Anquan Boldin (projected ~7.5) and grabbing a WR off waivers? Boldin's in a terrible offense but he's still a WR1. Someone upthread suggested Inman but other places I've read say he's a desperation WR5, unless there's something I'm missing.
edit: Not to be ungrateful, Gobias, just a little confused.

Hazo posted:

OBJ and Cooks on bye, Boldin hurt and unlikely to play, need a third WR (starting Baldwin and Amari Cooper).

Here's who's available:

ESPN has Givens, Woods, and Agholor ranked highest in the 40s but I know nothing about them.
I'm thinking maybe Douglas or Woods?

Really need a win this week to lock in a playoff spot.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 19, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Anquan Boldin @ Seattle
or
Devin Funchess vs Washington

With Corey Brown out I feel like we might see bunches of Funchess but as bad as he is Boldin is still the #1 receiver on that garbage team. Help?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nelson Agholor, Kenny Stills, and Robert Woods are all free agents.

So, no, not really.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Behold the draft results for my glorious ESPN team after this weekend.

That's right, look at all those loving asterisks. That's Flacco, Luck, Smith Sr., Forsett, and Forte. I should also point out that I had Malcom Floyd for exactly one week before he died as well. I think it's safe to write this off as a lost season.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Felter Chesthard posted:

Is this a super flex league? 2 QBs in the first 5 rounds seems excessive.
Yeah it's a 2QB league.

thrawn527 posted:

You found it. The most unlucky draft of the season.

I mean, you've got Gurley, but drat.
Bahaha I dropped Gurley early on when it looked like he was a bust.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I doubt I'll get him, but who would you guys drop for Rawls?

Anquan Boldin vs ARI
Doug Baldwin vs PIT
Devin Funchess @ DAL
Zach Ertz @ DET

0.5 ppr/Yahoo standard. I don't plan on starting any of them this week (unless Charmander gets ruled out) and I feel like I have too many middling WRs, but with a playoff lock on the horizon I don't want to give up any weapons to the other guys.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Should I pull the trigger on starting Funchess @ Dallas this afternoon over Charmander (who looks like he might not even play)?

edit: other flex options are Boldin or Baldwin

Hazo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 26, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you start Funchess today and Charmander ends up being active, who would you have to bench in order to play him?
Yeldon vs SD or Gore vs TB

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Thanks Gobias and Sweeper, I'll make the swap. My opponent has Ware so even if Charmander does play it'll help me drain some carries from him. Plus I'm in Charlotte anyway so it's all the more reason to get hype :toot:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Haha gently caress, I've been dominating my big money league and the guy I'm playing has been nipping at my heels the whole way. He's won the league the last two years and has already changed his name and image to Michael Jordan's three-peat beacause he's about to end my 8-win streak. This'll be the second time he's beat me this year, mostly thanks to AP, BMarsh, Ware, and Gano, with help from none of my guys doing poo poo. Frustrating how bad luck shows up at the worst times.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

VietCampo posted:

You're telling me, i'm against the 1st place team this week and i'm the 3rd place team with a first round bye on the line for me, this is how it ended...

...me losing by double my points.

Even with me starting players who are probably all top 10 at their positions. Fantasy is a fickle little bitch
This reminds me of something, is there a way to get Yahoo to display positional rankings like ESPN does? Both have their own pros and cons but that's one thing that strikes me a huge minus for Yahoo.

edit: Just fyi VietCampo, Demaryius is 11 and Rawls is 35 (including a few IR RBs) and Dez is 76 (counting the absence), so yeah the rest of your guys are top 10

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 30, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah I know you can do that by going to the player list and selecting all players and sorting by position. There's just no way to look at your roster and see where each player is ranked like ESPN does (the rankings for your roster show overall rankings not positional).EDIT: Actually I'm not sure even those in the screenshot are sorted by RBs only, looks more like overall.

It's not a huge deal but it's definitely annoying if you want to do what VietCampo was trying to do and see at a glance where your own roster stacks up.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 30, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Man I really hate you guys in leagues with these "unowned players" and "free agent quarterbacks" and poo poo.

Hoping for some Maximum Barnidge tonight so I can at least win in my lost cause league. :getin:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

edit: ^^^^ yes

Sanchez is done, right? I'm in the playoffs and as long as Charmander comes back I should be set on my roster for this last week, but no sense in not grabbing SOMEBODY from waivers if he's just dead weight, right?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

coronaball posted:

Even if he was still starting, he wouldn't have any value unless you play in a 2 QB league.
It's a 12-team superflex. I have Bridgewater and Gabbert. No starting QBs remain on waivers (except for Austin Davis and Matt Cassel I guess). Would one of them be better than Sanchez or Gabbert?

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 1, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

coronaball posted:

Probably not. I'd drop Sanchez for Manziel since CLE plays SF Week 14. Assuming Manziel starts that game, which no one knows yet.
When I say there are no other potential starting QBs in this league I mean it. Manziel has been owned for a long time.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hasselbeck or Mariota?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Got a first round bye (tied for first place overall) in my insanely competitive Superflex league where I started Kaepernick and Bridgewater all year. :shepface:

Now that I have to get serious in round 2 I'll post a full request for help later but first I'm wondering:
Is it worth considering benching ODB? He's saved me a ton of times this season but the way Norman completely loving erased Dez Bryant on Thanksgiving scares the poo poo out of me. I know some of that had to do with Norman hulking out because of Dez talking immense amounts of poo poo and ODB doesn't seem like that kind of person but still.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RCarr posted:

Please don't sit OBJ, come on now.
Fair enough, you guys are probably absolutely right. Thanks for the perspective. Norman just scares me is all, and I don't want to blow it this close to the end against an opponent who's much better than his record suggests.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Well I just stashed CMike and Bryce Brown (my opponent sniped both Bolden and Robinson from me last night since he knew I didn't have the FAAB money). I dropped Yeldon and Funchess. Any idea if either of them will be worthwhile starters or is it still too soon to tell?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My WR options aside from ODBJ are

Brandin Cooks vs DET
Amari Cooper vs CLE
Doug Baldwin vs GB
Anquan Boldin vs CIN

3WR league. So yeah I definitely have to start O'Dell, right? (Also starting Baldwin and Cooks or Cooper, haven't decided yet)

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 17, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Help me choose two QBs:

Matt Cassel vs NYG
Blaine Gabbert vs CIN
Teddy Bridgewater vs CHI

Picks in bold, but I'm worried they'll pull Cassel halfway through.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigFactory posted:

Cowboys were playing the jets, not the giants. And he got benched. Hope you didn't play him.
Yeah I typed that in a hurry since the game was coming up. And no I didn't play him thank God, I switched for Gabbert at literally the last second. Still going to be a brutal week, which sucks since I had such a great regular season (9-4 with an 8-win streak and first place overall).

Here's my matchup and my bench. I think I have it the best I can get it, but thoughts are welcome.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Shout out to my fellow ODB owners having our worst fears come true

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

If it turns out Jaws jumped the gun I'll laugh hysterically right up until I'm fully hit by the crushing realization I've lost ODB, Yeldon, Eifert, and Cooks (by proxy) for the championship game.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh my God if Baldwin's out too then I'm truly hosed. And I'm even going up against the 4th place team. What a terrible setup for a championship game :smith:

Starting:

Bench:

Anybody I should pick up in desperation (0.5 ppr/6pt TDs)?

edit: the 8th place team got mad and blew his budget taking Artis-Payne and CMike which is why they're not on there.

• Locked thread