Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

TotalHell posted:

God I hope the next beta has some of the customization options. Really looking forward to this.

Oh, and feel free to add me for when the next beta rolls around. I'm not great or anything, but I feel like I improved over the course of the first beta.

PSN: TotalSoth

No customization in beta 2, sorry!

To make you feel better, a new montage from our dev forums:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbrg4n3iY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

yall might want to check your PS4s for a Monday surprise

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

No official word on reddit, twitter, etc.

Odd.

It won't go wide until tomorrow or Wednesday incase poo poo hits the fan.

psyonixteam is us, but it varies who's playing, so if they suck don't blame me.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Pleads posted:

The little noises added through the controller are neat but when you use the PS4 Gold headset they seem twice as loud as the other sounds. They're not TOO loud, just kind of startling.

I believe that's a known issue that wasn't fixed in time for the beta update.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

Are new people being brought in for beta 2? If so I would love to get in on this. It's 100% my kind of game.

Yes, lots of keys should be going out later in the week.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Pleads posted:

On an unrelated note I would like points to be awarded for Demolitions.

Not happening, rewarding Demolish incentivizes a playstyle we don't think is beneficial to the game. It's in there but you aren't going to earn XP for constantly destroying people.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Beautiful. A new subgenre of fan fiction perhaps?

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Instant keys if you're missing one.
http://psyonix.com/BC2/Invite/RocketLeagueSignupPS4.php?Keyword=Twitter

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

Have you ever played Injustice or MKX? You know how they have rooms, where people can meet up and check out each other's stats and such...is something like this possible for Rocket League? Maybe a future goal? I think it would really own.

What features would you want out of this that aren't currently served with Private Matches that you just screw around in idly and chat? Stat history, what else?

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

keldon posted:

Any idea why this game needs a 200+ MB save file? It filled up my 1GB PS+ cloud storage quota.

Forced to preallocate by Sony for saved replay storage. Probably shouldn't in the demo when replay saving is disabled though.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

chat font is bugged bros

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

There have been anywhere between 4-5k people on this entire weekend. Assuming at least that many people purchase the game, that's ~$100k right there.

All I can say is that's unfortunately peanuts in modern game development :( But we are hopeful it will do well and justify more games like it as well as more content for itself.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

I love this too but why did they have to bring in bots? Maybe it's because I suck but they seem to dominate the games I'm in.

They probably need to select their difficulty level based on the skill rating of the match they're in. I think it's defaulting to Allstar bots.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

I got a pretty solid corner air goal yesterday..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewCSibD60kY

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Top players streaming right now post-Reddit tourney, check em out they're insane.
http://www.twitch.tv/camgears

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

sellouts posted:

I don't know what people expect for $20 if this game isn't enough.

Don't be surprised, people agonize over buying $0.99 games on mobile and then drop $5 on a coffee. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn't help that $60 titles go on sale within 6 months either.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

I didn't want to bump the thread just for this, but now that it's already bumped - a highlight reel from the #1 ranked beta player to melt your brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI1xuE6OUuU

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

If it soothes your minds a little guys, there's a lot of inherent protections we have against PC causing crossplay issues.
1) PC controls are not superior to controller in this game, so there's no mechanical advantage
2) Player capabilities are much more limited in most games where hacking is especially problematic - there's no way to "aimbot", no wallhacking, etc.
3) We can always cut the cord temporarily if problems arise until we can deal with them.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

checksin posted:

Giving yourself infinite boost (which is already programmed into one of the tutorials if I remember correctly) would be enough to kill competitive balance

Boost is server validated in online play. Not our first online rodeo.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Follow That Fish! posted:

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/608708054062776320

"@AMMu3aTh No plans for another beta. We are focusing on release now. July 7 is fast approaching"

Well, gently caress. How am I supposed to cope for almost a month without being able to play Rocket League?

Witcher 3 might be one of the best games I've ever played, and I've probably got 150 hours of it left, but while playing I just find myself wishing I could be bicycling balls to the walls.

I should set up a Twitch plays Rocket League thing with the PC build.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

bagina posted:

Any point in keeping the beta at this point? Or will it be a fresh download? Obviously we will pay for it, was just wondering if there would be an unlock or something like that.

Nope. Will be a different install and beta credit is based on our database.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

Is there any word on the logistics behind forming a group cross platform? Most of my buddies will be getting the steam release, while I'll probably grab the ps4 version for the time being. Matchmaking with randoms I get, but unsure how I'd invite a steam dude to my team.

Unfortunately, no cross platform parties at release. Party system uses platform specific services from Steam and Sony so there's no way for them to talk to eachother.

We're going to look at introducing some sort of cross platform friends and party support post launch. In the interim we're working on private lobbies that would be joinable from a list so you don't need to be friends to set up a game, but still couldn't matchmake together.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Some prerelease streams going on. Keys went out to select players and streamers.
http://twitch.tv/virtualtrident

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

Upon release, you won't be able to party up with people on the platform you're not on.

BUT

Need to correct this. Twitch chat can get things mixed up.

- Matchmaking will pair up PC and PS4 players at release.
- Shortly after launch, we will patch to introduce a way to form Private matches cross platform.
- You cannot party cross platform and we are not sure if we will ever support that. Only parties can matchmake together, so there is currently no way to support matchmaking with cross platform friends.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

If you can unlock the secrets of cross platform team-play, you will be Gods!

e: My 'add a lobby system like in fighting games' idea from earlier would solve this issue :mrgw:

Definitely talking about something lobby-esque for revision 2. Rev 1 will be much less elaborate.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Feenix posted:

I'm actually curious if this changes their plans at all with regard to DLC. Their original pitch (SOCCER PUN!) was "Under 20 dollars and lots of post-release DLC for free!"

Original (and current) pitch was/is MAP DLC will always be free. We always planned to do paid cosmetic DLC if there was a demand. This did move the timetable up a bit.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

It will be the greatest month of my life. I might be like those korean guys who die playing WoW though.

I'm most excited because this probably means that 1v1 will actually be sorta-kinda active. It was by a vast margin the least-populated playlist in beta but with it being free on ps+ I have a feeling more lone-wolf types will pick it up. While I love the team play in Rocket League the 1v1 really is like a different game entirely and I loved doing it more than anything when beta first dropped because your game improves at an absurdly fast pace compared to team games (because you get more opportunities to hit and maneuver with the ball, you're both striker and goalie, etc).

Strap on your butt for 1v1 Ranked Mode then.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Waterfall of Salt posted:

The worst part about this game is that it does not have the wonderful buttrock title theme that Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars did.

it might be in there somewhere

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

Bit disappointed that the leaderboards are just total # of each thing- it'd be nice if they showed both total and goals-per-game / saves-per-game etc. The per-game stats are in the personal stats menu but not the leaderboards. As-is the leaderboards will always just show whoever's been playing the longest. I guess it's that or just have a bunch of people who played 1 game but scored 10 goals, although it could be like The Last of Us and show both.

Just minor nitpicking, been playing all day and loving it.

I think this was planned and got lost in the rush to get the game out, we'll hopefully add that view.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Not sure if Sony's going to deploy NA tonight or not, it's possible for some arcane reason North America will be held until the Store update tomorrow...

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

gimearubdown, the friend I've been doing 2s with just got off if anyone wants to team up :shobon:

I'm #5 in wins on the leaderboards good for me

oh hey we played you earlier, I was with psyonix-adam and psyonix-ben

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

That Dave quote is fake too

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

sba posted:

If I paid $20 would these issues have been avoided?? Because I'd have preferred that scenario.

Probably not.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Feenix posted:

icking fudiot: I'm noticing kind of a screen-tear on fast movement regardless of V Sync being on or off... is this related to FOV/Camera changes being outside the default norm?

[edit] Yeah it's real loving bad, actually. I see no difference between V Sync on or off... :\

VSync may not toggle correctly without a reboot, that was a bug awhile back, not sure if it got fixed.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

:siren: SERVERS UP :siren:

For real!

shh you'll break it

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

I was just able to hop into a private 1v1 immediately but other people are reporting mixed results.

If anyone wants to try to play a private or in general add gimeaRUBDOWN.

The servers can't come online fast enough for demand, it may take awhile to even out assuming poo poo doesn't hit the fan again.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

MM is back online and servers are spooling up, give it a whirl.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

it up

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

If you're stuck in matchmaking, try this for me - close the app out and search unranked Doubles/Standard on a fresh boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

MM came up and immediately flushed about 3,000 people into matches and we're server starved again. They're spooling up as fast as they can but there may be an unrelated bug in the game client causing some people to get stuck in MM. We're still waiting for Sony to push our hotfix but that hasn't happened.