Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
You should absolutely check out this game if you enjoy arcadey and fast paced sport/racing games. It's such a simple premise and yet ridiculously fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Campbell posted:

Someone who has skills at this game should put together a little primer on rad stuff you should be doing. I still don't really understand how people can stay in flight so long, but they seem to get way more utility out of boost then I do.

The key to being able to pull off those ridiculous flying shots is predicting where the ball is going to be 3 seconds before it is actually there. When you have a decent prediction of where and when the ball will bounce things become a whole lot easier (and more stylish) so just play the game, then play it some more and then a little bit more until you have a full understanding of the physics affecting the ball and yourself and you will be well on your way.

Speaking of physics I bumped into a very, very good player a week or so ago when I was streaming and highlighted the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kewXi3JYFtM Please excuse me shouting like some kind of idiot but I was terribly impressed with their ability to plan and execute poo poo that I barely pull off through sheer luck alone.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

Ah, so you're 1000 Angry Bees! I had a few games with you on Friday or Saturday and knew you were a goon! I believe I played Day-Z some time ago too with you! Didn't run to into AstroPhzics though holy poo poo.

Awesome! I will be streaming a lot more when the full release lands and intend on having a ranked team and any goons are completely welcome for some scrims. I will be picking up both the PS4 and Steam versions as not to exclude anyone.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I'm pretty drat excited for Beta 2.0, hopefully we can get some goon games together!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Probably gonna be streaming a couple of games this evening if anyone wants to party up. My PSN ID is in the spreadsheet, just shoot me a friend request or a message.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

Hell yes. Thank you! Anyone wanna get some rowdy 4v4 games going in a bit?

Had some awesome games last night man thanks for stopping by, I archived the stream on Youtube if you want any replays for a highlight reel or anything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-v0vVC58o

Also, it boggles me that people are complaining about goalkeepers, If you don't have at least 1 person willing to hover around the goal and come forward when big opportunities arise you will get smashed by any half decent team. The real villains are people who just circle around trying to destroy other cars and ignoring the ball entirely but thankfully I have only run into a couple.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

TotalHell posted:

Yeah, I mean the game even features goalkeeper training, I'd think on any 3v3 or 4v4 team that one person would basically be designated keeper/defense.

According to a couple friends who played a lot of the previous game there's a sort of loose rule that whoever spawns closest to the goal line is responsible for hanging back a bit unless of course you have pre arranged keeper.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Pleads posted:

This is in fact a more useful tactic than playing goaltender, and is to be rewarded.

I'm not entirely sure how you ended up with this conclusion but I guess our playstyles are just drastically different.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Gonna be streaming some more practice games for a couple hours if anyone is interested in joining me. My PSN ID is in the OP spreadsheet http://www.twitch.tv/dr_badonkadonk

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I'm so drat excited for customization options. Gonna have the ugliest car I can possibly achieve. Also at this point they should just rename the 'Find Match' button to 'Put me on a losing team please.' Pretty much any time you get a 4+ goal lead the entire enemy team ragequits :haw:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Feenix posted:

icking fudiot: do me a favor: if you do stat pages can you make them look like Baseball cards? Please?! You could have images of the car (with accessories) as the player picture. It would be so good.

The card brand could be Hopps.

This and unlockable backgrounds for goal/save/etc milestones.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lumpy posted:

Earlier tonight I parked just inside the net a lot as my starting point, but stopped every shot on goal the other team took, and my team won 6-0. I was doing something wrong?

I'm sorry but you must play offense at all times. Stopping the other team from scoring is not a valid tactic, try completely ignoring the ball and playing demolition derby instead.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I'm just pulling your leg man, play however you want. If it works for you and it's a game mechanic then go for it.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

icking fudiot posted:

Top players streaming right now post-Reddit tourney, check em out they're insane.
http://www.twitch.tv/camgears

Hot drat I have played with and against almost all of these guys at some point. Gonna be real sad to see this game go :smith: I wish they could keep the beta up til the full release.

TotalHell posted:

Seriously, I want proper announcers calling games of this live. I want the analytical play-by-play happening in my head to really exist.

I want them to hire the guy that does the announcements for Killer Instinct https://youtu.be/fNibXv--7DU?t=130 Nothing would make me happier than a crazy announcer going nuts whenever someone scores.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Guys I don't know what to do with my life now and every other game just seems so mundane in comparison :smith:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

CatpissNeverclean and myself played a bit with Kahoma who is very good at this game, but there's a few names on the list that I just don't see how they could be on there based on my time playing with or against them. Not holding much to a list like that though. They did say they reached 40k people with the beta which is pretty awesome.

I played a few games against Kronovi when I was partied up with Kahoma (who warned me going into the first game to watch out) and the dude is like the rainman of RC soccer, we managed to win a couple against them but every single one was a battle.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Feenix posted:

Why am I not a selected player? I literally delivered this unto SA.

:((((((

I was the top Rocket League streamer on Twitch for like 6 days straight during the beta and I still didn't get one. I wanna be butthurt but honestly I'd rather just wait until I can play with my friends.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Overture posted:

Well, at least we can practice with bots in the meantime.

Have fun with the AI in Season Mode :shepicide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZymeXM8TY

Maybe it was revenge for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7vO8RaiQks

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Talkc posted:

The season mode is really frustrating when Hollywood will NOT STOP SCORING ON OUR OWN GOAL.

PULL IT TOGETHER HOLLYWOOD! :argh:

I think the devs may have purposely made Hollywood retarded as a joke because he scored a bunch of own goals for me too.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

TotalHell posted:

I want to unlock all the cosmetics but I also want there to be more cosmetic items to unlock.

Please add 100+ more unlockables as DLC tia

Yeah it's a real shame that 60-70% of the customization options are made up of getting the same decals for the different cars.

Also it makes me sad that they sprung for an awesome soundtrack that you only ever hear when you idle at the main menu. Give us the options of cranking the tunes up while in-game :argh:

Online is pretty much a shitshow of 600 ping players flying through the ball right now so it may be wise to hold off until they get everything fully fixed :(

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

I've been working on aerials with the servers down and had this beauty from beyond the ark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMLRVnzWsI

:chanpop: Dayummm.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Also you can jump, rotate slightly and land on your butt then rocket straight upwards (alternatively just wiggle your wheels left and right to make the car dance). Completely useless unless you want to taunt your opponents :getin:

Also Protip: There are no performance differences between the cars but they do have different hitboxes so try them all and stick to the one you are most comfortable with. I recommend the A-Team van for any budding goalies, that thing is HUGE.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 8, 2015

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

OxMan posted:

Pro tip: use a flat nose car for on demand bicycle kick returns. I kept trying to head balls off and side roll them but driving underneath then jumping and flipping backwards is the way to go.

The Breakout car is awesome for this. It's basically a 4-wheeled paddle.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Protip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSl39_TWbU

Also for the PS4 players in here you can use this server downtime to work on unlocking Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal by winning 1 game in any mode with all the car models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So is the matchmaking finally stable? Been holding off for a while waiting for them to get their poo poo together.