Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
:stare:

Well, that's one way to start an event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

head58 posted:

But honestly, Franklin was in there and if you think a little thing like being ripped apart by cosmic forces outside all space and time would even slow him down you didn't look at who was writing this book.

Also, we know Franklin survives per Avengers.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Hah - true enough.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Deadpool posted:

In the Uncanny Inhumans preview that's after Secret Wars the same mists that were released by Black Bolt are still slowly making their way around the world. More evidence that everything gets put back to somewhat exactly the same way it was before Secret Wars.

I half suspect that Cyclops is acting as a stand-in for Hickman re: the ostensible Marvel Universe reboot when he's Pheonixing up: "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea, it always comes back resurrected. Or reborn into a different form."

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 8, 2015

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

bobkatt013 posted:

What is going to happen when Reed finds out where his wife and kids are?

Yeah, I'm thinking that isn't going to end well.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Ultimate Reed's response to "RICHARDS" was spot on.

That was one of my favorite little bits.

:crossarms: "I don't really care for his tone."

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Maduo posted:

Maximus.

This was my assumption as well.

Also I'm glad SW #6 was so awesome - I was starting to lose interest in the event since its story hadn't moved forward in so long.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
:zpatriot: GLORY AND HONOR! :zpatriot:

What a great issue. I can't wait for all of this to come together in #8 and #9..

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
When was this originally supposed to wrap up? September? Yikes.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Christ, imagine if #7 and #8 had been one issue like originally planned. That was awesome.

Now to wait until 2019 for the conclusion. :haw:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

zoux posted:

Some people elsewhere were saying that this proves that Hickman hates Ben, was he especially ill-served in Hickman's FF run? I don't recall anything.

I don't even understand how this makes sense. Hickman has Ben choose to stand down because it doesn't feel right to fight Susan's kid, making the character likable and sympathetic, and that's supposed to be...negative?

Was I reading the same funny book as these people?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
So if I read that right, in the all new universe the only original 616 characters are the survivors from the two rafts, anyone saved by Doom who survived Battleworld, and Doom. Everyone else was re-created by god-Reed, right?

Also, it looks like maybe only the F4 crew (less Ben and Johnny), T'Challa, Miles, Doom, and maybe a handful of others will even remember what happened?

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

PaybackJack posted:

The only people who were authentic 616 were the people on the life rafts, Doom, Strange and Beyonder. Everyone else was a recreation, who in some cases were exactly the character they were elsewhere and in other cases were similar but different.

I don't think that's right. In the last issue Doom defended himself by stating that, while imperfect in its implementation, Battleworld saved "millions." So I assume that many of the folks on Battleworld are an original from some universe (whether it's 616 or otherwise).

• Locked thread