Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Abe Froman posted:

What's Obama's excuse for being even more of a failure?

I think he's a pretty okay and very smart man who is under the influence of some cartoonishly evil people.

Also he is setting himself up for mega Wall Street bux post-Presidency, ala Bill Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

the president isn't the supreme dictate and for the most part congress has been completely and utterly useless and filled with tea party assholes blocking every single piece of decent legislation?

explain TPP

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

ah well that's just the corporate interests who run america doing their thing, lol if you think a GOP president wouldn't also have TPP going at this very moment

Yeah a GOP President definitely would be a huge fan of the TPP, and hard-right GOPers are exactly who are supporting the President on this.

Is this something that should be expected of a Democratic President? And if so, what's the point of supporting Democrats? Gay marriage?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Abe Froman posted:

Hilarious that people defend this poo poo president.

X1000000000000000000

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Bush was definitely worse than Obama. Their policy is the same

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Zeno-25 posted:

Dems had 60 votes in the Senate for two weeks thanks to Kennedy dying and the Minnesota GOP contesting Franken's win for months

Actually it was 72 days.

Imagine the ruined hellscape that America would become if the Republicans had 59 seats in the Senate, the White House, and a majority in the House for any period of time.

Democrats get that for years and what do we have to show for it? Bob Doles's 1996 health care plan and a pile of excuses. And scorn for the disappointed left.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

right except at least Obama doesn't embarrass me every time he talks to someone on TV

Oh OK, that 's definitely worth completely surrendering the executive branch and all of the policy it creates to Wall Street and business interests. I'm sure you'll love Hillary's administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

idk why goons have this weird thing where all decisions are binary. Just because I don't think Obama is as bad as Bush doesn't suddenly mean I love him. He is bad, just not as bad as the person who had Colin Powell lying in front of the UN to justify a war in a country that had nothing to do with anything while simultaneously defunding education and giving tax breaks to billionaires.

Just because I think the GOP is evil doesn't mean I don't also think the Dems are awful. Idk where you got that I'm a Hillary supporter out of all this.

Obama didn't even bother to have Colin Powell lie to us, he just continued all that same poo poo and told us to deal with it.

Moridin920 posted:

the president isn't the supreme dictate and for the most part congress has been completely and utterly useless and filled with tea party assholes blocking every single piece of decent legislation?

at worst he's just as bad as bush since he's just continuing bush policy but worse than bush? lol

This sounds like some poo poo that you hear all the time from Obama defenders. The line "Well the President isn't a dictator you silly liberal" is usually what comes before some bullshit explanation of how Obama just had to make the Bush millionaire tax cuts permanent, and has to commit to endless war in the middle east, and has no control over his DOJ that ranked medical marijuana as a higher enforcement priority than the fraud that collapsed our economy.

It's a formula at this point, and it always starts with pretending that liberal expectations are/were too high. It's also the Hillary supporters mantra so forgive me if I mistook you for one.

• Locked thread