Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ork of Fiction posted:

Isn't there supposed to be some sort of shaming for a thing to be slut-shaming? Like, just saying that someone is a slut means that they sleep around for kicks.
Don't you have to also say that a woman sleeping around for kicks is bad, or is that just something that everyone already knows?

The way I understand feminism:

- If you do something (as a woman) to make you feel better about yourself, or because you believe you are just as capable as your male counterparts at doing it, that is good. This is why things like being a stripper can be seen as positive or empowering.

- If you do something (as a woman) because you think society expects you to, or it is the only way people (i.e men) will like you, or it is expressly for the pleasure of men, then it is bad. This is why things like being a stripper can be negative and shameful. There is more to it than that but I think this explains the core ideas.

The main thing though is that you get small groups of people who claim to speak for everyone else who they think is the same as them (e.g 'I'm a woman and I think women need more rights, no woman out there would disagree' - but any woman who does is thought of as privileged, or under patriarchal oppression).

Anyway, I didnt see Avegers 2. Avengers 1 was good but I don't actually remember anything about it at all except Hulk getting mad and smashing things. It didn't leave any kind of impression.

Junkfist posted:

Nothing in these dumb movies or comic book poo poo matters they'll all go back in time or split off into alternate universes where Black Widow wasn't a barren slut or something it'll be fine relax.

This right here - When you own an IP you can do what you want with it. Even if it doesn't happen soon, there will be a new spin-off or reboot in the next 20 years or so for the next generation who will be just getting out of their teens. Comic book movies are going to be like Bond movies and Star Trek. There will be a point where people will say 'Yeah XYZ movie was pretty good but who even watches Marvel movies anymore? They've been around since like 2011'

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread