Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
should i watch the wire. is it good. please vote here. i will watch it if people say it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
it's OK

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

define good

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
i really liked it. there's a decent amount of violence and the cursing is cool. the latter seasons really shine in the drama department.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
It's got merit

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

yeah it's pretty good man

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

nah

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

said like someone who didn't watch the full run... :rolleyeyes:

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Honey, it's no Anime.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Yeah bro, its tight.

Omar Commin'!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I vote Bernie Sanders

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

logical phalluses posted:

should i watch the wire. is it good. please vote here. i will watch it if people say it's good.

its good but people think its a documentary so watch it but don't talk to anyone about it.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Yeah it's good and the acting is fantastic. How did they even manage to find that many good kid actors? All the adults are from the UK so that explains itself.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 6, 2015

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i liked it a lot, but it took me a few episodes to actually start caring about anything

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

Yeah it's good and the acting the fantastic. How did they even manage to find that many good kid actors? All the adults are from the UK so that explains itself.

The dykey bad rear end gangster chick was an actual hitman or something. She got off on manslaughter charges if I remember right.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hobohemian posted:

How did they even manage to find that many good kid actors?

never noticed that, but yeah all of the kid actors are really solid

lol remember this poo poo? (this wasnt in the wire fyi)

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Stuff like this is why the Wire is good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e10ZPVafUA

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
this is from someone who couldnt stay awake to watch that one kelsey grammar hbo show or that other one huse of cards with kevin spacey i couldnt astand them at all

definitely watch the wire

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress the wire. True elite couch hipsters are all about Homicide.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
It is worth watching just for that one scene where they say gently caress a lot.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

monkey posted:

It is worth watching just for that one scene where they say gently caress a lot.

YES!

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
I had a coworker say he tried watching it, but stopped at the beginning once he saw it was 4:3.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Recently I got thrown for a loop, actually, because I turned on my television and based on what I saw, the images that were playing on the screen, I interpreted it as I thought The Wire was on. So I sat down on my couch to watch it because it'd been a while since I'd seen it and I remember it being an excellent show. But then I came to the slow realization that I wasn't actually watching The Wire, that show I love. I was actually watching a news program showing footage of the Baltimore riots.

This was back around when the Baltimore riots were going on.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I'll finally see it once the blu ray release is out. As far as I know its some time in june.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Yes, it is good. (But it is overrated.)

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
that one cop dude talks like he has marbles in his mouth and is hard to understand

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

It's no Monk but its ok.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It's a good show, but man is it overrated.

You're going to hear people saying it's very very very very very very very very very very very very good. That's bullshit.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

of course its good

jesus christ is the internet so terrible now that even something that's unanimously praised becomes "Is it really good? Do goons think its good? Is it actually a good thing or just a thing that people say is good?" Just watch it, its one of the most praised shows of all time and nothing since has been even close to as ambitious

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I really liked The Killing

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It's a very good TV show. Pacing is slow so give it five episodes before you start going pssh, pssh

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It owns.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

show good

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

It owns.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Yes. Absolutely.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DznkHpEUIQ

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

yes it owns.

it just kinda throws you into it and doesn't gently caress around so you may feel a little lost in the first couple episodes but stick with it.

and the second season is really good but you might be worried/wonder if you're watching the same show for a little while.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

• Locked thread