Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/men-veto-womens-abortions-keith-ablow_n_7216150.html

quote:

Fox's Keith Ablow thinks getting an abortion should be a two-person decision.

“I think men should be able to veto women’s abortions if they’re willing to care for the child after it’s born,” the psychiatrist said on Tuesday’s episode of "Outnumbered."

He also remarked that it was pretty apparent that women want all the control.

This is a pretty controversial subject of course, but Dr. Ablow actually addresses some valid concerns. Why should a woman be able to prevent me from having the child I want? She consented to intercourse and knew that was a possible outcome. It is pretty unfair that somebody else get to decide whether or not I have a child, from a certain point of view.

Also yeah I saw this in my FB news feed but it really struck a chord with me so here we are.

Anyway, I do think there should be some middle ground that maybe shifts the power dynamic in this situation a little bit more evenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i dont want a kid so i only go after abortion enthusiasts

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I have no opinion other than you are a fag because you defended aatrek by saying he had already paid his debt to society and also because you liked his star trek opinions a lot

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Science allows men to give birth now so I say it's fair so long as the dude is the one that has to go through childbirth

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
good idea op, too bad your dad didnt have that option

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
So can the dude bring up the vote for an 'bortion

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

so if men could suddenly get pregnant (like real men not women who decided to have a do-over) do you guys think the country would IMMEDIATELY flip OVERWHELMINGLY to pro-choice because I do

I know there are pro-life chicks and there would still be a religious element to some of it but I'd say it's pretty easy for dudes to be like PROTECT LIFE when they have no real risk

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Raku posted:

Science allows men to give birth now so I say it's fair so long as the dude is the one that has to go through childbirth

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Instead of paying child support you should file a conversion suit for your precious sperm

I wanted that back!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Macho Man Randy Savage

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

so if men could suddenly get pregnant (like real men not women who decided to have a do-over) do you guys think the country would IMMEDIATELY flip OVERWHELMINGLY to pro-choice because I do

I know there are pro-life chicks and there would still be a religious element to some of it but I'd say it's pretty easy for dudes to be like PROTECT LIFE when they have no real risk

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/woman-who-genetically-man-gives-5075269

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

right but I mean like regular dudes not weird science cases

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they love having someone with a stem degree to say this so they can go "oh look even science thinks men should decide"

its such an important decision for men that they should do everything they can except talk about it before hand because why would they want to hear a womans opinion

frankly if you can bed or rape a woman it should be up to you to decide whether or not she will bear your progeny

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Conversely, a man should be able to force a woman to have an abortion. Any woman, whether she is pregnant or not.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

I'm going to pretend to give a poo poo about women for just long enough to force her to have a baby

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
It would be a p. good troll to force a woman to have a baby and then just run off laughing never to be seen again after she gives birth.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Next: men should be allowed to have extramarital affairs for creating progeny if the mother in law is ugly

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Inevitable posted:

It would be a p. good troll to force a woman to have a baby and then just run off laughing never to be seen again after she gives birth.

no thats actually really a bad thing to do

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Fetus Tree posted:

no thats actually really a bad thing to do

yeah you should leave earlier so they aren't able to do a paternity test

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm not pro life or pro choice, I'm pro abortion. Abort everything.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Fetus Tree posted:

Why should a woman be able to prevent me from having the child I want? She consented to intercourse

lol no she didn't

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nefarious posted:

lol no she didn't

idgi

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
it's a woman's body and if she doesn't want a parasite inside her, she should be free to get rid of it

so, we should treat abortion as the default response to a pregnancy, as any sane person would, and to be equitable, we should allow either parent to veto taking the fetus to term, instead

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Fox News commentator thinks that women shouldn't have choice or personal agency? Stop the loving press.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Raku posted:

Next: men should be allowed to have extramarital affairs for creating progeny if the mother in law is ugly

they are allowed to do that? lots of people do

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

He also remarked that it was pretty apparent that women want all the control.

I hope no one is surprised by this, I mean the woman is kinda doing all of the work here since the crotch spawn is growing inside them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yeah of course imo

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Inevitable posted:

And I've seen this happen with pro-life couples.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

women are more likely to be pro life than men, probably for the same reason only children aren't as disgusted by incest or whatever

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Morkies posted:

women are more likely to be pro life than men

until they get pregnant because, for some reason, pro-life women don't know how to use contraception.

Yeah, I know no contraception is 100%, but self-professed pro-life people seemed to be the ones I knew who had to get abortions. Then again, maybe they're just more vocal about it.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Bored posted:

until they get pregnant because, for some reason, pro-life women don't know how to use contraception.

Yeah, I know no contraception is 100%, but self-professed pro-life people seemed to be the ones I knew who had to get abortions. Then again, maybe they're just more vocal about it.

my intuition says its the getting preggo that makes them pro life, because then when they think of abortion they'll subconsciously think of killing their own babby or something idk im not the psycologist

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Bored posted:

also, pro life and anti contraception are both catholic things lol

they get 'bortions and then feel catholic guilt about and so they atone by making sure no one else can get an abortion ever again

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol at people with weak wills imo just abort that poo poo if you're not ready to raise a kid well

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol at people with weak wills imo just abort that poo poo if you're not ready to raise a kid well

lol if you can't abort with only the power of your mind

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Bored posted:

Maybe its one of those things like "oh no, MY abortion was justified because of X, nobody elses ever because,"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
it's racist that black men can't have abortions.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
taint reaped again!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

they are allowed to do that? lots of people do

Yes but right now it comes with a bunch of bullshit obligations like giving your wife half your stuff and the other woman gets to keep your precious heir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's racist that black men can't have abortions.

i wish that you were a racist black man,, with an abortion!!!

• Locked thread