Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
This is zooming up the trendlist on Twitter and about every 10th tweet is someone demanding the Patriots lose their Super Bowl win. Guys, if they're not gonna vacate a Super Bowl win for stealing signals, they're not gonna vacate a Super Bowl win for this poo poo. Brady would've won either way, I think he's just one of those guys who needs to have his 'edge' like it's a superstition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eltoasto posted:

I hate the Pats and this is funny, and I will roll around in the info like human catnip. But at the end of the day, this is "cheating" akin to using too much stickum or smacking an earhole, it's nothing that should hurt his legacy.

Yeah this is George Brett level cheating.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Pats are DIIIIGGGGGIN IN:

kraft posted:

What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

link sorry: http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/05/06/statement-new-england-patriots-chairman-and-ceo-robert-kraft-wells-report

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
On WEEI just now: "This is what it sounds like when doves cry."

Wrap it up.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm really impressed at how much disdain the equipment guys have for Tom Brady. They're the true heroes in this.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ehud posted:

Brady claimed to Wells that he didn't know who the deflator guy was lol

The other guy: "Maybe he meant know as in like he doesn't know him that well."

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Anyone who says CBS is the station for old people is completely wrong

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow the balls got down to 11 at halftime?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Athanatos posted:

Now he's on the "He's been doing it forever, so it's fine" defense.

Some quarterbacks just like balls a certain way, if a quarterback likes to play with a basketball who are we to judge we're not quarterbacks.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Parmesan Basil posted:

Also very interesting to note how many evil teams are from the AFC. Very odd...

Except for King Evil: The Carolina Panthers. They're so evil, no one really knows about it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Parmesan Basil posted:

An interesting theory. What gives you this conclusion?

Cam Newton's a spy for the Russians - my evidence? Isn't he the last one you'd suspect? Exactly.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Following this on Twitter has let me know the other big controversy today is a member of One Direction is in trouble for replacing something on instagram?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
WEEI guy now defending Roethlisberger in the same breath as Brady, it's really amazing.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The calls are coming in in WEEI: http://v6.player.abacast.net/2099

First guy is a lawyer and seems sane, boo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo I hadn't seen the Tom Brady suspension yet. Poor Steelers, they wanted to hurt him.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Professor MacKinnon has no direct business or personal relationship with the Patriots. Professor MacKinnon was a founder of Flex Pharma, a biotechnology company developing treatments for neuromuscular disorders. Flex Pharma is a public company. Prior to the company going public, the investment arm of The Kraft Group made a passive investment in Flex Pharma as part of a large syndicated investor group. [ADDED FOR CLARITY 5/14/15 3:13pm]

Guys guys guys I just invested a couple million to help his company go public but that's not a relationship.

Seriously, gently caress the Patriots. This is the most tone-deaf Marie-Antoinette response to a scandal I'm legitimately starting to actually hate them instead of like pro-wrestling-hate them.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

edit: This was on the Pittsburgh Steelers list of cheats.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

quote:

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh -- clearly upset that his team had just blown two separate 14-point leads to the eventual 2015 Super Bowl Champions -- claimed that the Patriots' substitutions and declarations of eligible/ineligible receivers were "deceptive," a thinly-veiled euphemism for cheating.

When asked about the charges, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick -- looking utterly stunned that a fellow NFL coach could be so ignorant of the game rules -- stated that the formations were completely legal. After a thorough review of the game, the NFL confirmed that the plays were completely legal.

So impartial.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bad Moon posted:

The Assassination of the Legacy of Tom Brady By the Fat Coward Deflator Jim McNally

someone redo this with tom brady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The YourTeamCheats guy's twitter is basically "That Pats Fan" in a nutshell:

https://twitter.com/YourTeamCheats/with_replies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Uh Mr. Hernandez am I right in this, your defence is that when you said you were going to "kill that bitch" you were referring to "kill" in the sense of "losing weight?"

• Locked thread