Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
"Douglas, a reader of the New York Times’ “Haggler” column, decided to send flowers with a lighthearted message to his grandmother’s funeral instead of attending. He sent them through 1-800-Flowers, dictating his message for the card to the customer service representative who took his order over the phone: “FAR WELL GRANDMY YOU HAD A GOOD RUNS.” Wait, that doesn’t sound right.

When you want flowers sent at the last minute or shortly before before the day’s delivery cutoff, you have no choice but to call the vendor directly on the phone, like it’s 1989 or something. That means dictating your message, unless you have access to a fax machine He had no complaint about the flowers, but was unhappy with the message. Anyone who read the card could probably figure out what he meant, and they would be confused, insulted, or just amused.

This card was supposed to say, “Farewell Grammy, you’ve had a good run.” Douglas noted that the customer service representative wasn’t a native English speaker (though that doesn’t always mean that the call center is in another country) and seemed to have trouble taking the message down. Douglas saw the mangled message when he received a confirmation e-mail.

Here’s the first consumer lesson in this story: Douglas e-mailed his complaint, but sent it to the return address of the order confirmation e-mail. That’s usually not an address that can receive messages. When the Haggler contacted 1-800-Flowers, indeed, they had never received a complaint about this order. They issued a full refund for the flower arrangement once they learned of the error. “We offer extensive training to our customer service agents, which provides them with the opportunity to help our customers express themselves perfectly with our thoughtful gifts,” a 1-800-Flowers representative told the Times. Or make inadvertent poop jokes at a funeral. "

HAHAHAHAHA! :) New York Times has done it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

beloved oval office :hehe:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Douglas sounds like an entitled New York Times reader.

gently caress you Douglas.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I rated this thread a 1!

Haha!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

I rated this thread a 1!

Haha!

me too douglas!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

pretty.....pretty......pretty......pretty gay

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Rambling Robot posted:

Douglas decided to send flowers with a lighthearted message to his grandmother’s funeral instead of attending

Eat poo poo, Douglas

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Rambling Robot posted:

Here’s the first consumer lesson in this story: Douglas e-mailed his complaint, but sent it to the return address of the order confirmation e-mail.
lol those emails always say "do not reply to this address no one reads it" all over them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does 1-800-FLOWERS do custom requests?

Because I'd like to send Douglas a cactus with a bunch of notes saying "GO gently caress YOURSELF" stuck on it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Glorious humor poster Rambling Robot.

You certainly are a card!

haha!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

psyopmonkey posted:

Glorious humor poster Rambling Robot.

You certainly are a card!

haha!

haha! :)

I love Something Awful! So RANDOM!!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Rambling Robot posted:

haha! :)

I love Something Awful! So RANDOM!!

Cheeseburger cats!!!

Hahahah! omg I just LOL'ed all over the place!

Better get a towel!

:iamafag::iamafag::iamafag::iamafag::iamafag::iamafag:

gently caress this thread and your stupid god drat idiot humor you sack of crap.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

psyopmonkey posted:

Cheeseburger cats!!!

Hahahah! omg I just LOL'ed all over the place!

Better get a towel!

:iamafag::iamafag::iamafag::iamafag::iamafag::iamafag:

gently caress this thread and your stupid god drat idiot humor you sack of crap.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ive been saving this one for a bit...

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

psyopmonkey posted:

she's beautiful.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

psyopmonkey posted:

I've also been saving a pretty choice image for quite some time...

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
bet grandmy was like, "holy poo poo!!!" lol dumb oval office

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
LMAO at the OPs avatar...Hot dog hat, hahahhaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

LMAO at the OPs avatar...Hot dog hat, hahahhaha

as soon as I saw the hat, I knew it was going to be a funny thread.
*applies for job as times writer

• Locked thread