Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Do you enjoy violence in the space!?!?!?!

YOU SHOULD JOIN THE IMPERIAL SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP SPACE VIOLENCE
(come hang out in our jabber channel spaceviolence)

What is space violence mr the kat drugs?

Space Violence ~Legio Violitus~: is the imperial group that lives on the fringes of our fake internet space empire, we defend the home land and prevent our enemies from gaining a foothold and building power bases near the glory of the imperial north. We live in the enternal homeland of syndicate when nothing is going on strategically. We are located in the top station of the horrid den of miscreants know as FD-. Space Violence is similar to our eternal rival and big brother European Goonion in that we are often tasked by the military organisation within the imperium to help prop up allies engaged in small regional wars or retake assets that are under assault from smaller groups. In the past we have even defended fronts while the main arm of the coalition punched our enemies right in the nuts. During times of rolling steam roller esc wars as this last one was we fold into main fleet just as any other group.

Space violence is very much the small to medium gang life style when we are not engaged in a strategic capacity, we have our own smallish cap-fleet that we use to bring down hell when our enemies are feeling ballsy as gently caress in syndicate.

https://beta.eve-kill.net/br/2325/

You too can be an imperial frontiersman! Join SV today :sun:

Zasze fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Space Violence makes people mad even in other games

:3:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

causticBeet posted:

The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring strat op pings to poo poo around in syndicate. Also getting bored of your solo roam, picking a lovely fight, losing your ship, and getting enough SRP to buy two.

If you are ignoring mainfleet pings you are profoundly retarded and I cannot help you :cripes:

Syndicate is and always has been where we hang out when gently caress all is going on.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

causticBeet posted:

Ok sorry sir I will make sure I am at the ready next time we have an uncontested pos shoot in delve or whatever. Maybe if we're lucky some ishtars will land on grid and then promptly gently caress off.

Holy poo poo are these still around? I used to play on the blockskreig server or whichever one it was that let you build vine towers to the sky to raid the ~*enemy and it owned.

You dont have to go on them or really do anything you dont want to do, but blatantly ignoring the going ons of the greater alliance is kinda silly :colbert:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

vyst posted:

Here's the thing. Space Violence, is not useful. It's fun, but not useful. It hasn't been useful since SUAS left. Useful is being able to assist with strategic objectives, or harass enemies from participating against us. You provide zero value to either of those objectives, because you stay in Syndicate all the time, so as a result you're not useful at all. The directorate however let's you exist for now because you do provide fun for people during peacetime, which is useful during peacetime, but during wartime and strategic op time you are the furthest thing from useful you can be.

You're effectively like those Russians that would never leave Curse/Perrigen Falls and still tried claiming reimbursement.

Vyst you do realize blwarf and the sky team gives us tasks all the time like clear out fountain core or deploy to help allies right? We used to go to tribute/venal whenever asked to hit towers or do leg work when people were trying to gently caress with our stuff during alliance deployments.

The whole sv is useless and does there own thing meme hasnt applied in atleast 2 years.

We have even yet to turn down a single "strat" assignment or call to deploy to a warzone ever other than mostly ironic poo poo posting.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 8, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

vyst posted:

I guess for me, on a personal level, I feel like a group that makes it a point to be "the cool high school kids out in the parking lot smoking cigarettes in leather jackets" rubs me the wrong way. You're either with us, or you're not. I feel like SV, and subsequently HoleSquad have always been this "supplemental" group to GoonFleet rather than something complimentary to it.

I have nothing against the players. Y'all are cool with me as far as that goes. I do draw an issue with their concept and implementation. HoleSquad kind of gets a pass because CCP's role system is retarded in that regard though.

As for flying out to colbalt edge yes totally id go in a heartbeat if there was a reason to be there.

I mean thats fair I guess but we have never said that we are elite or different, most people bounce back between dek and syndicate. We are not the cool kids we just like living closer to the content we deployed with the rest of the alliance every time to curse and just did our own fleets when nothing was going on. Hell we have open recruitment and drown newbies in ships/skill books/wherever mentors leaves off. I dont think we do more than other groups or anything like that just trying to have that smaller scale option open to people.

:shrug:

I guess I just dont see how we aren't "with you" hell ive been in CD on and off as grad school allowed for 3 years :psyduck:

Fake edit: Do you even lift/log in is a dumb argument grumps :argh:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is my stash of Cerberuses in Syndicate buffed yet? Or should I just disappear into a wormhole with MY MUNINN whenever this stupid client reinstalls? I was finally seduced by the thoughts of 2012-era SV all being in hole squad, a squad more useless than post-SUAS SV.

Your the worst luigi

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

The dreaded space criminal THE GOVENOR SHREDS visits the elderly for the holidays.

also we got counter counter counter hot dropped by shadow cartel and we all died horribly while laughing so hard we were crying a little (we were crying cause we are bad)

there arnt enough teams on any killboard tool to make this BR make sense
https://zkillboard.com/related/30003833/201505110300/

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

Dinosaur bbq in harlem is pretty drat good

Be warned I've always had to wait an hour plus for a table it's always packed out.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 12, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Kesper North posted:

Dallas BBQ in Washington Heights is also great (and they deliver!)

They have Chelsea and Harlem locations too.

I had this once and it was pretty drat good.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

SPEAKING OF TOPGOON

Topgoon is dead, long live Top Goon.

(we're rebranding and refocusing, look at our TWR post and join topgoon)

Topgoon is the best sig, I spent my newbiehood being told i was bad at eve and to eat more chili by papa konno :3:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I know the OP says solipsism or whatever is dumb but I'm antisocial as hell by nature. There much gameplay fun that can be had in/around goonspace by someone who prefers playing alone, or is it still more or less limited to 'watch chat, X up and hope you don't get killed first when you arrive wherever half an hour later'?

It's never been limited to that , it's even better now that you get paid to die. So go fly off brave sir lone wolf and die in fw or to gate camps to your hearts content! This includes varrying levels of pve as well.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Fix Lag posted:

For having downloaded, installed, and learned all the software I used to make that in the last 24 hours hours it's not entirely as bad as I thought it would be. It definitely needs some rework though. Not enough hot moms, Gilas, or Space Violence references.

Holes squad and the kingdom of the high grade crystal skull is hard to beat honestly but I enjoyed this.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Not that the combat was all that interesting as a whole last time I played, but I'll ask anyway. Are amaar ships (and therefore Space Lasers) okay now, generally? Last time as I recall they were rough for newbies to get into due to capacitor skills and resistances generally being anti-laser.

While its a destroyer the confessor is an absolute monster of a laser boat despite the last round of nerfs that were applied, it can act as a mini hac or baby navy omen in a kiting fit.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Cannon_Fodder posted:

We sat docked waiting for numbers for 45 minutes. Pookie asked and was told "No" you cannot bring a loving nightmare.

Pookie did so anyway.

Pookie was told it might get blown up if he didn't bring something useful.

Pookie came anyway.

I don't really feel too bad.

I did feel a bit worse when my sabre bubbled his rear end. I was dual boxing a scimi and a sabre so to offset my karma, I kept shield repping.

Then, and here's the part I regret, I asked "what's the story on his pod?" and I got back "I don't care."

Hence:

Nightmare: https://zkillboard.com/kill/46723172/
Pod: https://zkillboard.com/kill/46723177/

Edit: Crap, I forgot to contract him the poo poo that dropped. I didn't pull the trigger quickly enough on the AB, but the t2 stuff I grabbed.

Pooki is terrible and is one of the worst gsf personalities but this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard our fleets doing.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
[*] Paladin Blood Raider SKIN (Permanent)
Market group:
To: Ship SKINs > Battleships > Advanced Battleships > Marauders > Amarr

yesssssssss

:fap:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Hazdoc posted:

So, I hear the Jackdaw's bonus changed again...
:yikes:

Its a pretty sweet bonus and pretty outside the box, you can basically always be hitting the enemy ships resist hole :getin:

and switch range or explosion velocity missle types.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Xolve posted:

Vily, Laz, SUAS and all other GSF FC's are entertaining and aren't verbally grating like Boat can be. He's a good dude, and gets tedious poo poo done (or did), but I imagine most people don't want to listen to him talk while 'forming up' unless the kill is worth the pain.

Suas was incredibly verbally grating it was just calling his own fleet cunts and then getting gin drunk enough to say that deep down he really loves us.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ullerrm posted:

Not sure if you're under a rock. Fozziesov got delayed to july. :(

Also, not sure why people talk about Suas in the present tense; he hasn't played Eve in years.

Relevance aside he only took a break again about a year ago so he isnt that far removed from alot of peoples memory.

Im pretty sure all the ratters in dek breathed a sigh of relief when his 25 carrier ratting force unsubbed.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

polyfractal posted:

Doing some spring cleaning of equipment scattered around the universe, before moving to Dek. My Nidhoggur is in Syndicate right now...which is sorta close but far enough that I'm concerned. The jump fatigue stuff has me worried, since it doesn't look like I can just string cyno alts along the route anymore.

Should I just sell it locally and purchase a new Nid once I get to friendly territory? Or maybe I'll just let it sit until I've gotten accustomed to new Eve gameplay and move it later.

Drop a line in the SV jabber channel, we can help you get back onto the old cyno chain highway or failing that help you get back to dek.

my jabber / ingame dude is Koshka Narkotikov

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

mpaarating posted:

Panthers are for repping not shooting.

You mean micro jump driving into an enemy gang cause you couldnt tell which way your ship was pointed right?

:allears:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Yup which makes this alledged blue kill even funnier. You basically cannot lose a JF to enemy action unless you are brain dead.

:smug: my nyx 2 fast 2 furioused into the pos while cephi was exploding.

:catdrugs:

Zasze fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 26, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

If BL uses alts in Imperium for afktaring, how do they transfer ISK from the money-making character (doubling as a spy with limited access) to the main?

Probably launder it through contracts i mean how many times do you look who you are buying things in jita from and what alliance they are in, pretty easy to just hit a bunch of neutral or even hostile characters for payments without tripping any flags :shrug:.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 26, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Yeah, Minmatar. Added bonus because the Confessor is kinda bad now and the Svipul is still amazing.

Confessor is still amazing when the prop mod changes go in you won't eve: need double acr to fit oversized prop mods

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

AAPsel posted:

The confessor is still ridiculously strong. It's just that the svipul is better at warping in, shredding a frigate in a small outpost and scooting away before anyone can do anything about it. It's the lowsec equivalent of the cowardceptor dialed up to 11.

Also, :wtc: is this?

Ya confessor is more of a baby nomen and the svipul is a crazy rear end brawler.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
ahahaha what the hell is ccp smoking with these t3 destroyers 6 mids?

i just used some amped up dead space shield booster to see what the max tank was, dont take that as an actual suggestion to fit it most of the other mediums are around 50m

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

Alright, I'll bite.

EG does things things that are literally impossible at an alliance level because some goonswarm line members are loving useless. Our doctrines are limited by our player ability and we have never had any sort of culture that promoted competency at a line member level. You will never get kicked for being bad at eve and so everything that gets done, from harpy fleets to tengus to loving supers is restricted by the lowest common denominator, which happens to be really loving low. EG and reavers are the only groups that are tight knit enough, selective enough, AND have enough members which enables them to form actual fleets with complex doctrines.

The biggest problem really is that mainfleet by and large sucks dick, and people telling you to join sigs or squads to have fun doesn't really solve that problem. If I see a all-all ping go out, I have no way of knowing if the FC is pants on head retarded or not (other than prior experience) because there really isn't any mechanism to prevent criminally stupid people that think untanked algos are a good idea to fight worms with. And even if the FC is good, any wonderful idea he has is again limited by the competency of his members. If I see a reavers broadcast however, I know its going to either be led by asher or the FC will have his seal of approval and I know that at the very least the other members in the fleet are there to kill poo poo. Groups like this also develop a cadre of people that help out the FC. A huge advantage of reavers is Asher knows the people that are supporting him. His scouts, his logi anchor are going to be people he has flown with before over and over again and he doens't need to micromanage them and can simply do his thing.

Look at the revenant kill thing. I wasn't there but I'm going to assume EG was fairly outnumbered but were stomping dicks because it was fleets led by oxygen composed largely of karmafleet retards and only half the people were in the right ships. You can't really just say GET GOOD FAGGOTS when its impossible to do so without drastically changing the alliance.

There is also this idea that people become too good to on on mainfleet ops because of these reasons. Instead of making fleets better by filling crucial roles in fleets to support the FC such as scout, being logi anchor, or otherwise taking any sort of initiative to help the FC during fleets, its just much easier to join EG, reavers, hole squad or any other group that is selective because god drat sometimes you just get tired of no one else giving a poo poo. As a result, there is an alliance wide brain drain where good pilots leave mainfleet behind so they can fly with like minded pilots.

Is it annoying that EG gets toys like nightmare doctrines? Kind of, but I mean our alliance isn't good enough to use ishtars for fucks sake. The only real way to fix this is by doing alliance level deployments like the one that laz did a few months ago, and just fighting a lot of other dudes alongside the same pilots every day but I think the leadership is fine with the GET GOOD niche being filled by EG and reavers.

:stare:

uhhhh holy poo poo dude no one cares that eg has a nightmare fleet, this whole arguement is the dumbest thing ive ever heard you guys showed up to a npsi and didnt die o well the rest of us will have to try harder next time.

Different strokes for different folks

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Macnult posted:

I'm a filthy J4G who made a goonfleet account way too soon a while back. Will I run into issues with it if I decide to join Karmafleet?

Reverand maynard posted:

not really, whats your eve name?

Macnult posted:

Terricz.

Trap sprung.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

12:42:31 <notlupus> hey you hosed goons and left Hole Squad for PL right? are you still in PL?
17:56:03 <MandozerTheGreat> yes

how can i help space friend

:munch:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Wolfy posted:

I see notlupus is trying to beat me to the "awox mara's paladin" vouch

Dozer's message after that whole thing was amazing "koshka put your loving paladin back in the proper tab i almost stole it cause i thought it was mara's"

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

notlupus posted:

SV existed before BOS and SV will exist after BOS up until the point we get headshot. This isn't a killing blow. It's more like being gutted slowly.

directorbot
6:40:06 :toot: :toot: :toot: :commissar: Effective Immediately: Reimbursement in Syndicate, Cloud Ring, Outer Ring, and Fountain is suspended until further notice. End Transmission. :commissar: :toot: :toot: :toot:

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to all at 2015-06-06 01:40:06.781690 EVE ~~~

You were saying :v:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Voyager I posted:

It's the regions around where BOS / SV live so I'm guessing it's somehow related, maybe to preventing SV members from emergency-liquidating their ships via reimbursement.

That or he's just taking a victory lap since we aren't exactly his favorite people.

why would you think we would do this? This isnt even like a thing? :psyduck:

but tldr;

Its basically a pretty blatant sign that with bos gone they dont want us to rebuild as a npc nullsec group and that we should find a new gimmick, which would be fine if like this was communicated in any other way but dickish all-all broadcasts and veiled threats.

now before we go thinking we are too important its also to draw everyone back home because for fozzie sov you actually need to live in your space, again communication or warning would have been nice :/

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Voyager I posted:

Before you came back, there was at least one time when we got reimbursement for a region cancelled by broadcasting an insurance fraud fleet at the end of deployments!

But yeah, I would assume there is something deeper going on than "we want you to come home" if they're going to the extent of nuking membercorps. Maybe this kind of communication happened over our heads, maybe there' just assholes with grudges!

I was back and running that deployment it was a joke ping that atrum burst a blood vessel over.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

It is time to leave the oppression of the imperium behind. Apply to ISRAD today. Bring your friends. Leave Fix Lag behind to wallow in the ocean of piss and poo poo that is goonfleet.

So dozer about that fight on sunday.............

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Didn't you just lose 90% of SV and Johnny Rah?

:thejoke:

also we purged johnny rah like well over a year and a half ago he is topgoons problem now :colbert:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Klyith posted:

Though that does suggest that SV could have a future if the sig followed EG's pattern. Not the elitism and blue-shooting parts, but the whole deploy places to gently caress things up at the direction of the direkkktorate. I know SV loves syndicate, but there's nothing important in syndicate. And half the time people are just complaining that syndicate is dead anyways.

Assuming of course that this isn't some sort of larger purge, and that the whole sig isn't considered tainted or something.

We have been doing that for like 2 years since suas stepped down, blawrf basically told us to do whatever since nothing of import was happening. We went to fountain and folded into main fleet for the grind and when it was over came back to syndicate.

Basically a shittier eg for quite some time.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

BOS does have until next month to get things together don't they?

They are purged with 7 days to evac and services have been removed.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 6, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

holesquad is self-funding and already basically doesn't enjoy any of the in-game benefits of being in the alliance, i'm pretty sure it's safe from atrum or whoever else is holding a grudge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y90bDDLO094

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

andromache posted:

The part where I listened to jabber chatter from super-mad SV members discussing "liquidating" the ships they have in Syndicate so they are ready to move to wherever the SIG decides to go. As discussed before, SV has already had several incidents involving poor judgment with regard to how they dispose of their ships. I decided to preemptively cut the regions until everyone calms their tits long enough to think rationally again.

Considering almost all of SVs leadership was just shown the door, you've got a bunch of sheep milling around without shepherds. It's not unreasonable to expect said sheep to be making GBS threads and bleating everywhere. Once SV gets new shepherds and starts moving the flock to whatever their new pasture is going to be, I can open those regions back up.

Once again and I grow really tired having these conversations with you, a loving heads up would be nice, are you such an unpersonable sperg lord that the concept of going

"Hey koshka things seem kinda crazy you should tighten things up and not have people do anything stupid"

Does like any communication even occur to you? And for the record we were sorting out shipping to Jita or fire sales.

But instead you paste a bunch of commissar emotes and say it's off the table till further notice and wonder why people have no idea what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ullerrm posted:

On a side note, when all of r/eve agrees with Mittens, it's probably time to admit that Garr Khan Might Have Done Something Wrong. (Seriously, join MOA or something, your posting has become pretty monochrome -- right around 589nm.)

If there was a thread as bad as this one its that one.

In other news your fitting advice doesnt get drowned out, pretty much every jabber channel starts talking about it as soon as you post a fit :sun:

• Locked thread